Geocaching holiday disastears

Geo.Kitten

A couple months ago my mother asked me if id like to go to Poland on holiday with them and they would pay for my flights as a birthday present. Now I jumped at the opportunity because at my age you don't generally get those kinds of presents plus as a fairly new geocacher I was really happy to try caching in another Country.

We staying in Krakow (I'm still here till Tuesday) and there are two caches really close by. I have to start off by saying earlier in the holiday I managed to fall down some stairs while on a tour of the salt mine :/ and sprained my ankle rather badly its all swollen. I didn't want it to ruin my holiday so I’ve been walking around on it anyway and then having to pry my shoes off at the end of the day :< ok I digress so with my swollen ankle I attempted my first cache yesterday and dnfd it :< After coming back to the hotel and reading the logs I certain its there I'm just missing it. With my ankle I managed to climb over the railing slide down the bank and then climb up the side again to get under the bridge and looked around every where I thought the cache might be - eventually the tourists kept looking at me funnily and my dad was taking way to many photos that im sure he could use to blackmail me at some point, soooooo I decided to climb back over the railing and admit defeat. I was absolutely covered in sand and muck my bum was black as I slid down the hill and my mum politly said it looked like id messed in my pants :<

So it's the morning after and I thought id see if anyone else had done it and could help me out with a clue (I have emailed the owner and not yet had a reply) I leave tomorrow and will possibly get a chance to go back this evening if I have a clue that I think will help me to find it this time.

All is not lost though! I do have another cache planned later this morning and I really hope I find that one :<

I guess it would help if I told you the cache wouldn't it :/ GC102YE

My father has just informed me that I have to post some of said pictures later :< either way I shall come back and update you on my hopefully found geocache! :ph34r:

Have you ever had a planned geocaching 'holiday' and it went wrong?

Edited by Geo.Kitten

I've been caching in Krakow - fantastic city but the cache I attempted was not the one you're doing. And I ended up having to DNF the cache in Krakow too :ph34r:. This means I do not have Poland lit up on me maps on my profile page. That was despite a "Sod it!" attitude and shoving my arm into a hole in busy location up to my shoulder in a James Herriott style. Still no cache! :cry:

Wishing you better luck than I had in Krakow! :o

You've found that cache, or another one?

Westie Walker, Superted and ac-p have found it and are names I recognise

also little-miss-naughty who dropped off a bug, but has posted a DNF

also lost! has a post on the page

No sadly I dound a differant one. Yeah I read the logs and realised its been found recently I still think its there I just missed it :< oh well at least I found one - better than nothing :D

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people who answered and tried to help :) The person who set the cache has yet to answer my mail but I'm back in the uk so it wouldnt help anyway ;) The cache was found the same day I'm not sure if it was after or before I tried - I do think its there I just missed it.

Anyway again thanks for everyones emails :D

K

The cache was found the same day I'm not sure if it was after or before I tried - I do think its there I just missed it.

Sometimes I wonder how many DNFs are because the cache is found by Cacher A, who takes it a good few feet away to sign the log. In the meantime, Cacher B turns up and starts hunting. Cacher A then sits with the cache waiting until the pesky 'muggle' moves on to replace it ;):)