how long before new caches get posted?

cb12374

Caches are read by volunteers (reviewers). The goal is that most new caches will be read (not necessarily published) within 72 hours of being submitted.

Weekends are extra busy times.

I learned that the hard way by a forum post that made the reviewer mad. Be carefull what you say!

I had submitted five new caches, but the reviewer suggested I convert to multicaches, and drop the fifth one. I redesigned and resubmitted with new name and GC number. The last was published today.

All this interaction back and forth done in 3 days. They are pretty darn fast, considering the voluime they must handle. Kudos to RockyMtnReviewer! :rolleyes:

Requesting that moderator close the topic.

There are many good reasons to request that the Moderator close a topic. I've done it myself. However, I do not think you should request it just because you got your answer. The topic should remain open so that others can post their comments and to create a dialog. Some of the best information comes from the 50th, 60th, or 100th post. I'm not complaining; this is just a suggestion. Happy Caching! :laughing:

Caches are read by volunteers (reviewers). The goal is that most new caches will be read (not necessarily published) within 72 hours of being submitted.

Weekends are extra busy times.

I learned that the hard way by a forum post that made the reviewer mad. Be careful what you say!

Had 5 smileys now only 1 smiley...."Not cost effective"

I'm working on waiting a week now. This is aggravating me. If they are a reviewer, volunteer or not, they should be non bias, and review the cache no matter what is said. That's why they are a reviewer.

I am a new cacher, this is really a nice impression to give people that they have to wait over a week for a cache to get posted.

Who do I have to talk too to complain?

I'm working on waiting a week now. This is aggravating me. If they are a reviewer, volunteer or not, they should be non bias, and review the cache no matter what is said. That's why they are a reviewer.

I am a new cacher, this is really a nice impression to give people that they have to wait over a week for a cache to get posted.

Who do I have to talk too to complain?

Do you have another one besides the one that was published on the 12th???

My first cache hide had me on pins & needles waiting to see if I had done everything right. I bet I hit refresh about 1000 times. I have one of those reviewers who had a life outside of caching (GASP!) so it took 2 days. Then suddenly - THERE IT WAS! Posted for the whole world to see!!! FIVE days later it was found! So even if it takes a few days to get published, it can sit there for days with no one gloating over their FTF!

I've only hidden 9, so I'm no expert by any means, but now I enter my new hides online & either go create another cache to hide, drive around & find a great new hiding spot, or find me some more smileys!