Looking for a Handheld GPS with Lakemaps.

fireman121

I am looking for a handheld GPS that I can download lake maps into and is capable of street mapping, any suggestions on what to buy?

You may want to look at Garmin's 76CSx or their 60CSx. Both of these operate identically, only real differences in these two is the shape of the unit, the locations of the buttons, and the 76CSx floats. Both of these have been out for almost 2 years and have proven to be outstanding units. Each can be bought for around $300. To show lake maps you would also need to buy Garmin's U.S. Inland Lakes program and for autorouting street mapping I would recommend City Navigator North America NT. I currently use both and would recommend both. You can look on Garmin's website for screen shots for each map.

Hey fireman121,

I see you're from Minnesota, are you looking for Minnesota lakes? If you are, I would go with the LakeMaster Minnesota maps. I have them and they provide pretty good detail. Some of the bigger lakes have one-foot contour detail. It works with either microSD or SD (with adapter) expandable memory units.

Edited by ryguyMN