COINTEST ~ Win some sun!

ThePetersTrio

Boy, I can't believe they even had music when you were younger ThePetersTrio :D

I know - hard to believe! :)

Actually IMHO they had the BEST music waaaaay back then. I even stayed up late watching a documentary about The Mamas and Papas last night....THAT's how old I am! :rolleyes:

To REALLY show how old you are, when you way you stayed up late to watch it, do you mean it was on at 7PM?

My guess for now... Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)...Baz Luhrmann.

I hope I have the spelling and title right, I pasted if from a wikipedia entry

Ok how about some more hints... :D

For the remaining RE coin. This song was written by a guy who could be considered a "one-hit wonder" however it has been covered by many MANY artists/groups (remember I will accept covers) and would likely be considered a "standard" of the 60s era pop/rock genre. The song rated this artist a spot on tour opening for a very famous musical band who's lyric I used on my coin.

Pretty big hint there. :rolleyes:

So the hint for the LE coins will be a bit broader:

Have I ever mentioned that I have a profound love of British bands? :)

Ok how about some more hints... :D

For the remaining RE coin. This song was written by a guy who could be considered a "one-hit wonder" however it has been covered by many MANY artists/groups (remember I will accept covers) and would likely be considered a "standard" of the 60s era pop/rock genre. The song rated this artist a spot on tour opening for a very famous musical band who's lyric I used on my coin.

Pretty big hint there. :rolleyes:

So the hint for the LE coins will be a bit broader:

Have I ever mentioned that I have a profound love of British bands? :)

Dang I should have waited a little longer. Oh well I like to stay up late:) Thanks for the fun!

I love British bands too. Most of them heavy metal, which probably doesn't make sense with a Hello Kitty icon! :-) (Up the Irons!)

Here is a song from one of my favourite British bands:

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon by Queen from A Night At The Opera

Freddie Mercury was a musical genius! Brian May...nearly there. (Even if I don't win a coin, I got to spout off about Queen!)

Edited by TX Diva

I love British bands too. Most of them heavy metal, which probably doesn't make sense with a Hello Kitty icon! :-) (Up the Irons!)

Here is a song from one of my favourite British bands:

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon by Queen from A Night At The Opera

Freddie Mercury was a musical genius! Brian May...nearly there. (Even if I don't win a coin, I got to spout off about Queen!)

HA!! We have our first LE coin winner!!

Excellent job TX Diva! :D

Please email me your name and address. The coin will be mailed out tomorrow.

Alright folks, one coin left. I will only say that a couple of posts have had the right idea about how "sun" fits into the title. My husband claims this winning answer is too evil but I have faith that the extremely intelligent people on this board will have it figured out in no time.

Good luck!

Yes the cointest is still running for the 2 LE coins. I have emailed Eartha the back up choice.

PLEASE make sure you are watching the clock. There needs to be 12 hours between guesses or I will have to disqualify you even if you are correct. I really don't like doing that so please everyone, watch that time.

ALSO - the hint about loving British bands DOES NOT apply to the back up answer. I will post a hint later if need be, but the artist/band in this particular case is definitely NOT British. It is also less of a "geezer-like" pick of a song. :D

Yes the cointest is still running for the 2 LE coins. I have emailed Eartha the back up choice.

PLEASE make sure you are watching the clock. There needs to be 12 hours between guesses or I will have to disqualify you even if you are correct. I really don't like doing that so please everyone, watch that time.

ALSO - the hint about loving British bands DOES NOT apply to the back up answer. I will post a hint later if need be, but the artist/band in this particular case is definitely NOT British. It is also less of a "geezer-like" pick of a song. :D

Oh, poopie, that's my fault. I wrote it down in MY time zone....Sorry to burn one of your anwers.

Oh, poopie, that's my fault. I wrote it down in MY time zone....Sorry to burn one of your anwers.

Well the time zone thing isn't really relevant as you can check the time from your prior post and your guess post using your own time zone and see that it isn't 12 hours apart. I sent you an email though and I do appreciate your understanding. I was just so excited that someone guessed it right! :rolleyes:

I also agree that Queen is a GREAT band! :)

For anyone having trouble with the time issue - you can see what time your last post was made by looking in the upper left corner of the post you made. Then, if you scroll way down to the bottom of the page - at the very bottom right corner in the blue strip is the current forum time. Just make sure there is a 12-hour difference between your last post time and the time at the bottom right and you're good to go!

Edited by applewomyn

Ooooh, I'm free to guess again! How about...

Genesis - Misunderstanding

C'mon...British band, cute little roly-poly singer/drummer, kinda looked like a Cabbage Patch Kid?

OMG!! Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!! We have a winner - and the most difficult answer to boot! VERY WELL DONE!

(pst - don't make fun of Phil, he's no Peter Gabriel but I kinda like him and Genesis is one of my all time favorite bands - although I freely admit to liking the OLD Progressive-Rock Genesis rather than the Pop-Rock Genesis.) But yay for you!!! :rolleyes:

The Three Sides Live version is IMHO much better - but enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KACuukWiL8

Yemon Yime - email me your name and mailing address and I will get your coin posted ASAP.