City Navigator 2009 Full Version

Maximus XX!V

Have not seen the full DVD version. Based on information from GPSNow.com, I believe that the City Navigator North America NT DVD on the Garmin site (p/n 010-10816-00) is the 2008 version. The full microSD version for 2009 (p/n 010-10679-50) is available.

Good point, I do want the DVD. I wonder if they will no longer support DVD for the full version of City Navigator? I looks like the new 24k topo series is microSD only.

Have not seen the full DVD version. Based on information from GPSNow.com, I believe that the City Navigator North America NT DVD on the Garmin site (p/n 010-10816-00) is the 2008 version. The full microSD version for 2009 (p/n 010-10679-50) is available.

Good point, I do want the DVD. I wonder if they will no longer support DVD for the full version of City Navigator? I looks like the new 24k topo series is microSD only.

You can order the DVD, when you get it, if it's the 2008 version and not the 2009 version, when you register it online you can get to download the 2009 update.

I want to buy a full version to load onto my Oregon but I only see updates when I search on the web. Is the full version out? If not, do we know when?

Two quick questions: I had bought the CIty Navigator NT 2009 Update from Circuit City and it stated that the Oregon was not a compatible device.

Am I correct in assuming that I'll be able to use this update once I purchase the Full version of City Navigator NT?

Where can I buy the full version (store purchase, not online)?

I want to buy a full version to load onto my Oregon but I only see updates when I search on the web. Is the full version out? If not, do we know when?

Two quick questions: I had bought the CIty Navigator NT 2009 Update from Circuit City and it stated that the Oregon was not a compatible device.

Am I correct in assuming that I'll be able to use this update once I purchase the Full version of City Navigator NT?

Where can I buy the full version (store purchase, not online)?

Just to be sure - the City Navigator NT 2009 Update requires you to have the full version of a prior year of City Navigator NT installed. It isn't "update" for the device, it is "update" for the older purchased maps and software.

The error about the Oregon not being compatible is probably related to the fact that the OR doesn't already have a prior version of the maps installed. It should probably be worded better.

The fix should be to get a regular 2008 version of the software and then update that. The only hitch is that if you buy the full 2008 maps then you get a free update because you bought them after the 2009 update was available - thus your purchase of the 2009 update was a waste (and probably not returnable once opened)...

I'm not sure where to buy the full version at a B&M, but if you are willing to entertain an online purchase then the good news is that it was pretty cheap with fairly low cost rapid shipping from Amazon last I checked - about $70 to $80 depending on how much of a sale they are having when you check. I bought it for $83 back in May, but the price has been lower since.