how do I find out about cito event in my area?

Here is a CITO that lets you clean any area you want and count it as a find http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...89-b4b45ff2faf4

Only in Minnesota though.

To the OP, go to the hide and seek a cache page. Use the By State/Country option. Look through the list for the CITO icon. Events that are coming up soon are at the top of the list, farthest date first. Then the newest caches are listed below them.

Please email me directly with the info Thanks

Please, that's so high school.

Do your own work.

In addition to Eartha's method, you could go to a search page, click on 'Advanced Search Options near the bottom, select -Cache In Trash Out Event instead of All Geocaches, and enter your location information.

If there are any within 50 miles.

If 50 is too restrictive to you, and the by Country doesn't work for you due to living near borders, then append ?dist=200 to the URL defore starting the search and go from there (use your own distance limit, 200 miles here, is Kilometers if you are set for that in your profile).

Or you could always read your weekly emails from groundspeak, all events, and CITO's out to about 250 miles are listed, along witl All Mega Events worldwide (I think).