Handlebar Bike Mount

AV Dezign

I must admit that I did not expect much from this really low cost item (cost less than the price of shipping) and only comes with tie-wraps for attachment. But actually this is very stable when installed and once the unit is clipped in it feels very solid. I'm impressed with this little clip, it's cheap, simple, to the point, and it does exactly what it is suppose to do. ;)

BikeClip.jpg

Anybody uses other means to clip your unit to your bike? How does it work?

I must admit that I did not expect much from this really low cost item (cost less than the price of shipping) and only comes with tie-wraps for attachment. But actually this is very stable when installed and once the unit is clipped in it feels very solid. I'm impressed with this little clip, it's cheap, simple, to the point, and it does exactly what it is suppose to do. ;)

BikeClip.jpg

Where did you get the mount from AV D? What's the name of the product (if there is any)... :D

mm

BikeClip.jpg

I noticed you have a laynard on your Oregon, can you tell me where you got it? I am trying to find/buy one and can seem to find one anywhere.

It's the standard Garmin Colorado/Oregon mount.

Interesting setup. I have tried it on the handlebar and stem, but never considered it at their junction.

A stem mount gives no flexibility for (viewing) angle. Sometimes the stem is too short for this type of mount too. The setup shown may offer a little more flexibility re: angle.

A handlebar mount, OTOH, allows you to adjust the angle, but getting the zip ties tight enough to make it stable can be problematic. Pliers and a flat screwdriver help!

I have a standard mount that I used for both my CO and OR all summer, I have mine stem mounted because I couldn't get the straps tight enough even with some additional tape/padding around the bar. As Rich mentions the issue is you only can set the unit at the angle of the stem which may or may not be the best viewing angle. In the end this mount is usable and I never lost it (which is my primary concern) so for $10 I guess it did it's job.

I'm hoping the Oregon handlebar mount from RAM might be a better option when it comes out.

http://www.ram-mount.com/mount/garmin_oregon_mount.htm and search down for RAM "EZ-ON/OFF™ Handlebar Mount for the Garmin Oregon"

GO$Rs

I noticed you have a laynard on your Oregon, can you tell me where you got it? I am trying to find/buy one and can seem to find one anywhere.

Correct, it's the standard Garmin "Bike Mount" (Part Number: 010-11023-00)

cf-lg.jpg

As for the lanyard, I go it for free at the Mega-event in Quebec city, Landsharkz was given them away.

Edited by AV Dezign

I hooked up this cheap garmin accessory Sunday morning on my bike handle bar and used it for five hours. My only complaint is now I have a sore arse! It worked great. Every feature advertised worked fine and I don't anticipate any need for garmin to send out any updates.

I'm sure 3rd party versions work well too! :rolleyes:

I must admit that I did not expect much from this really low cost item (cost less than the price of shipping) and only comes with tie-wraps for attachment. But actually this is very stable when installed and once the unit is clipped in it feels very solid. I'm impressed with this little clip, it's cheap, simple, to the point, and it does exactly what it is suppose to do. :huh: