Paperless Caching - GSAK question

Hiya,

Long time no posting from us! Pinga & Roo kind of took over our lifes for a while there LOL!!!

We're trying to get our life as it was before Pinga & Roo as much as possible with 2 toddlers in tow! So we're trying to get our geocaching organised. We have GSAK and I've upgraded it to the most recent version. According to it the last time anything was loaded into it was back on 19th May 2007. So I've run a pocket query for the time between then and now. Its picked up 74 new caches within 10 miles. I loaded that into GSAK but I've still got a problem, it contains archived caches and still thinks they're active.

How do I let GSAK know what caches are archived now?

My memory map was a bit of a disaster so I deleted all the caches other than those we've found. So I could do with GSAK being correct so that when I export to Memory Map its uptodate with only active caches.

Rebecca and Adam

Depends if you want the history that is in your GSAK. if not, then the quickest and easiest way to delete everything in the database. (Database menu, delete all waypoints) then just reimport your new pocket query.

If you do want to keep the history, then advice that others have provided is appropriate.

Is it just me that keeps the clear database before loading box ticked then?

Does just what it says on the box - no archived caches, no found caches, and none of my own caches.

Just the 500 I'm likely to want to look for........

Edited to remove typo....lol

Edited by keehotee

Thanks everyone. I think we'll go for the quick and easy way and just delete it all and start again. Its got a lot in it, over 1000 and I have not got the time or inclination to go through them manually. Just means we won't have all our information that we've written about the ones we've done.

Might try and see if I can somehow save the ones we've done and all we've written as a seperate file and then delete it all otherwise we'll cut our losses.

Thanks everyone. I think we'll go for the quick and easy way and just delete it all and start again. Its got a lot in it, over 1000 and I have not got the time or inclination to go through them manually. Just means we won't have all our information that we've written about the ones we've done.

Might try and see if I can somehow save the ones we've done and all we've written as a seperate file and then delete it all otherwise we'll cut our losses.

If its your user notes that you want to preserve, you are probably still best to use the RefreshAllGpx macro route.

1000 records isn't that great a number just split it by filtering and so you do it in 3 or 4 batches so you don't hammer GC.com too hard.

This will update the records and your user notes will be retained. ;)

A your finds query will not preserve your GSAK user notes. :D

Does just what it says on the box - no archived caches, no found caches, and none of my own caches.

Juts the 500 I'm likely to want to look for........

Does that have an area specified so you don't waste time driving to pointless locations?

Just the 500 I'm likely to want to look for........

Edited to remove typo....lol

maybe you should be more careful what you're typing