Another Memory Map question.

binka

Am still trying to decide whether or not to splash out on this and am swaying towards getting it. The Southern GB one is just under £100, the only thing thats putting me off is the scale; 1:50,000. I was geocaching slightly further away from home the other day and we only had a 1,50:000 map, whereas when we're near home we have a 1:25,000 map. I struggled a bit with the 1:50,000. But would it be easier as the map is actually on your GPS, so the GPS wold know where we were even if I was a bit unsure? :unsure:

But would it be easier as the map is actually on your GPS, so the GPS wold know where we were even if I was a bit unsure? ^_^

Please don't believe that you can get Memory map onto your GPS... you can't.

Life would be wonderful if you could, but you can't! :unsure:

unless your GPS is on a pda.........

Life would be wonderful if you could, but you can't! :D

I am pleased to announce that my life is officially wonderful then!

Mine was wonderful, until my compactflash GPS stopped working :D . I now need to buy another one, then life will be wonderful again ;) . Memory-Map on a PDA with a GPSr facility is simply brilliant :)

Memory Map, worth every penny, it's fantastic!. I've had it for over two years and it runs superbly on my MioA201 (this is a PDA with an incorporated GPS). I download the cache locations on to the PDA where they are represented as little cache boxes and a red circle indicates where I am on the OS map. Select a cache, press the goto button and Bob's your uncle! 1:50000 has never been a problem.

I also run GpxSonar on the PDA which stores all the downloaded cache details making for easy acces when out in the field.

Went totally paperless after about my 150th cache and have never looked back.

Life would be wonderful if you could, but you can't! ;)

I am pleased to announce that my life is officially wonderful then!

If you're using a PDA, I guess so, but the OP referred to a GPS... he made no reference to a PDA!!!!

If you're using a PDA, I guess so, but the OP referred to a GPS... he made no reference to a PDA!!!!

Let's not get anal about the terminology, a GPS is a GPS, no matter what platform the user interface uses. My Kaiser is a phone, an mp3 player, a movie player, a gaming device, but it is also a GPS. No, you can't transfer MM to a Garmin Etrex, but you can transfer it to any GPS that has Windows Mobile as it's OS.