Now on pre-sale: Dutch Geocoin 2008

Team Van Stoffelen

ANNOUNCEMENT: Pre-sale is open for the Dutch Geocoin 2008. This years theme is: Caching below sealevel.

On the front of the coin is a replica of an old coin from 1737 called a Zeeuwsche Stuiver. The coat of arms of Zeeland shows a lion half-emerged from water and represent the motto "luctor et emergo" (Latin for "I struggle and I emerge").

On the back of the coin is seen a 'peilschaal', a mostly emaille plate which is place by the Water Board the measuse the hight of the water at the N.A.P. scale (Normaal Amsterdams Peil or Amsterdam Ordnance Datum). It stands below a map of The Netherlands which only shows those parts that are situated above N.A.P. On the final version of the coin only the above sea-level parts of the Netherlands are shown.

You can find the pre-sale here at k2coins.nl.

(Although the coin is designed by me and has won the Designing Dutch Geocoin 2008 competition, I am not responsable for the pre-production artwork, the final version of the coin and the sale, shipping an handling. Question about that, please direct to the shop above)

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

Will there be an LE finish? If so, how will it be made available?

Haven't heard of any LE edition. All I know now is the Antique Gold version (so do not be fooled by the picture on the pre-salepage. That was my initial design entering the 'designing the dutch 2008 geocoin competition').

Congrats with your great design team van stoffelen, i think it is the best dutch coin design we ever had :unsure:

End of October, wow, that's a long time away. I preordered anyway, but why so long?

It's a rough estimation. It's certain that the coin will be produced, we only want to make sure that everybody has a chance to order it. The production order will be placed right after closing the pre-sale. When it will be closed is up to somebody else. I only host the site and handle the production. Payment processing and shipping etc. will be done by Smeule.

But my guess is the pre-sale will be open for a month. Add about a month of production time and it will be the end of october already... :unsure:

Will there be an LE finish? If so, how will it be made available?

Haven't heard of any LE edition. All I know now is the Antique Gold version (so do not be fooled by the picture on the pre-salepage. That was my initial design entering the 'designing the dutch 2008 geocoin competition').

UPDATE: The Dutch Geocoin 2008 will be minted in Antique Silver. The information on the shop page has been updated.

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen