Greeting the new posters on this Forum...

Hi everyone thanks for the warm welcome, its a great community.

"I joined because I stumbled upon a geocache hidden in a wall"

Hmmm.

Yep nosey aint I :lol:, I was trying to get a shot of a beetle, when it went under the stone that was covering the cache, when I lifted the stone out there it was a film can,

I'll just hit last post if there's no way of thread reversal, that's no problem

Dave

"I joined because I stumbled upon a geocache hidden in a wall"

Hmmm.

Especially in walls?

Just a couple of points

i: I'd spotted the reference the first time I read the OP

ii: The Wall in question is not of a Dry Stone Construction

iii: The cache owner who are experienced cachers, know very well the prohibition on Dry Stone Walls and would not breach it.

iv: Due to the No's who have found the cache, at least one person would have flagged up the fact if it was in a Dry Stone Wall. In many cases such issues are dealt with behind the scenes.

Deceangi

Hi

No its not in a dry stone wall, its in a bridge wall just a small gap with a stone covering it

Thanks for the info I didnt know about dry stone wall rules being new I do now cheers

Dave,

Deceangi is a Reviewer of caches that are submitted for publication. He wasn't asking you in general, whether the cache was in a dry wall, he was informing Hungry caterpillars that it wasn't in a dry wall. :lol:

He made reference to the wall earlier regarding the status of the wall and not to the fact that you found it in a wall!! LOL

Just FYI.

Oss!

Also forgot to say WELCOME!

Edited by Sensei TSKC

I only started this hobby today, I started the Dartmoor 365 and stumbled upon GCing.. and wow.. Impulsive me went and brought myself a gps.. cried, stamped and huffed because I didnt understand what to do.. kinda figured it out and now I'm hooked.. and now I don't have to travel to Dartmoor.. and I'm finding more localised gems.. great idea.. and I don't think my winter will be as boring..

Izzy & Lizard King - Thanks for finding that link above. :anibad:

There have been another handful of 'new posters' to the Forum this week -

Hello! to Skull Duggery, grayclose31, muzzys, V-Dubbers, Richardson6, stug53, Amber Alert, Wetherseekers, Mimi & Bod, janw7256 and Pridefemale.

If I accidentally missed anyone's name - sorry! - please add your post on here to say Hi!

If anyone's in need of some help or advice and would like to chat to a geocacher local to them, then have a look at the Adopt a Newbie thread.

MrsB B)

Edited by The Blorenges

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Sorry for the delay in replying,as we have just come back last night from holiday in Santorini Greece, Hope to start looking for more,

:( I hope you found a few caches over there! :)

Some more new people have turned up on the Forum this week -

Hello to Big Rab, Starbugs, tacaman, iaboy, Quadbarrel, Handsyhands, Arasmuz, Irmedic, BRUKNBUSTD, crwinter27 and MagicNats.

The weather's looking promising for the weekend - Happy caching all!

MrsB

:( I hope you found a few caches over there! :)

Some more new people have turned up on the Forum this week -

Hello to Big Rab, Starbugs, tacaman, iaboy, Quadbarrel, Handsyhands, Arasmuz, Irmedic, BRUKNBUSTD, crwinter27 and MagicNats.

The weather's looking promising for the weekend - Happy caching all!

MrsB

No I didn't find any I looked them up and found there was quite a few, but I didn't have a GPS so not much chance really, I did see a guy with a GPS so I kept an eye on him whilst waiting for the sunset in Oia

Hello to all other new members

Edited by davenjulie

Hi guys and thanks for the big welcome. I started GCing with the missus in 06 but due to Mrs H getting a bit poorly, had to knock it on the head for a while. The good news is that we are gradually getting back up to speed and had a great weekend last week. Looking out of the window as I type this I can guess what we'll be upto tomorrow. BTW I don't want you all thinking I'm a fairweather cacher! LOL