Greeting the new posters on this Forum...

Over the last few days I've become aware of quite a few new(ish) names appearing on this Forum, so I thought it might be good to say

"Welcome" to spuds4t, cannonedwards, sparklyguider,squeaky1963, The K9 Crew, scoops32,

GeordieLass, Chananda, DogHeadGod, IMWeasel, Lime Candy, binka, binbags, fertred, Indy Alex and 2ndBillericay.

I've probably missed somebody out - if so, sorry! If it's you, why not put a post on this thread and say "hi" to everyone?

MrsB :anibad:

Edited by mandarin

Over the last few days I've become aware of quite a few new(ish) names appearing on this Forum, so I thought it might be good to say

"Welcome" to spuds4t, cannonedwards, sparklyguider,squeaky1963, The K9 Crew, scoops32,

GeordieLass, Chananda, DogHeadGod, IMWeasel, Lime Candy, binka, binbags, fertred, Indy Alex and 2ndBillericay.

I've probably missed somebody out - if so, sorry! If it's you, why not put a post on this thread and say "hi" to everyone?

MrsB :anibad:

ohhh hello!

Thanks for the "hello".

I joined a while ago but never posted or did any caching. I think I first joined as I read a newspaper article about geocaching. Thought it looked good but didn't have the time to do anything. Have finished my degree now and as I have slightly more time on my hands have finally started caching.

Thanks for the hello and hello back to you too! Indy Alex and I are sisters and we started caching (as the result of mentioned friend taking us!) just before the Garmin Promo (I'm still yet to get one of those coins from a shop. :anibad:)

Really enjoying the caching and chance to get out and about but I'm just about to head into the final year of my degree so I don't know how much time I'll be getting soon.

Hello all and thank you for the welcome.

We joined in February after being introduced by our good friends Team Skully, with whom we went on to share our joint 100th cache with. Since then we at team binbags have introduced three other teams.

As for being obsessed I have seen some of the cache totals that others have managed to log, which makes our 167 look like small potatos.

I am fairly new to forums so please be gentle.

MrsB :unsure:

Oh... hello! Ok, we're not really new we just don't post very often. Actually, we don't come to the forum very often. And no, we didn't start caching because of the Garmin promotion, we started in April of 2007. We started out letterboxing a couple years before but there just weren't enough of them in Scotland to keep us interested. Geocaches on the other hand... It took us a while to decide to buy a GPS but we were so glad when we finally did it and found our first caches (which are just a couple miles away from the house).

Thanks for the welcome anyway!

Chananda

P.S. for those wondering about our kinda strange name - it's a combination of our internet nicks - my husband is Chandy and I am Ananda.

Thanks for the welcome!

We were introduced to caching by some family friends whilst on holiday in France, and the first cache we found was a FTF. ^_^

Once we returned home, we were given a new GPS by our caching friends as a "thanks" for the holiday. Since then we've done some on foot, some via cycle and some via car. All extremely enjoyable! We had planned a series of 4 for this afternoon, but the incessant rain has put paid to that. :unsure:

Greeting and many thanks for your Welcome, Mrs.B. We have actually met, one dark night, some while ago by way of "Through a glass, darkly!! Most intriguing cache.

My caching activities have gone very quiet of late. Not only because of the awful weather, tree cover and stinging nettles but mainly because, as you will have seen from my forum log, I am no longer receiving any information about new caches being put within the radius of 50 miles that I specified . I haven't received the weekly email giving me all the latest updates for at least two months now and not being a computor buff, I have no idea how to go about restoring the status quo of my caching hey-days!

Never mind perhaps, as I believe Dickens' Mr Mc.whats-is-name said "Something will turn up"!! :ph34r:

I wonder if any of these new users are new to geocaching as a result of recent geocoin promotions... :rolleyes:

Hello all and thanks for the welcome... I found out about Geo-caching when i came across a tupperware box out in the open where i work, after a root inside, and a look at the website i replaced the box in the bush's and joined up. :D

Been unsuccessful without the aid if a GPS, and coincidentally my newly purchased one arrived today. :)

I have also started reading Geo Caching for Dummies for more inspiration and what the correct etiquette was.

I have also started a small collection of 'rewards' for putting caches, hope to get out his weekend on my first serious hunt.

There are loads of caches around where i live and work. Hope to get lots of advice and inspiration from you all.

:(

Good to see you all :)

Some more newish names have posted over the last few days ...

elis, TurnerTribe, miplap, DivingDJ, womble&gobbi, ascarr, dragon's puke, Beith, janpe, hobgoblinkiteflier, and Geo Steve.

Some "interesting" caching names in that list too :laughing:

Somewhere we used to have a Topic entitled "How did you choose your caching name?" or something like that, but the hamsters on the Search wheel are on a go-slow at the moment and I can't persuade them to find it for me.

MrsB :D

Can I use this opportunity to say hello to all those present.

I played the game before but due to a couple of bouts of illness couldn't keep up. But now the team (Skull Duggery) have started again under our new name - couldn't find my previous account, so am having to find some old caches again which is kinda fun trying to remember where they are without the machinery.

It's nice to be back.

Somewhere we used to have a Topic entitled "How did you choose your caching name?" or something like that, but the hamsters on the Search wheel are on a go-slow at the moment and I can't persuade them to find it for me.

MrsB :(

I think this has come up a few times but I think the most recent was HERE.

I can't remember if we posted on the thread, but our caching name is explained on our webpage.

Izzy

Hi :)

Joined the other day, didn't notice the UK boards until Chris (The Blorenges) has just pointed it out :anicute:, cheers Chris for the headsup

So thought I'd say Hi to all the UK members, I joined because I stumbled upon a geocache hidden in a wall, whilst out taking photos of flowers, bugs and fungi, So I read it, took a photo and replaced it in its hiding place, when I got home I checked it out and after geocache website, I ended up here.

Today I went out and found another 2, at the moment, I don't have a GPS, getting one ASAP, I found them from the maps and clues, good fun and it will fit in well with my photography, which, this week I have just won round 8 of the Photographer Of The Year Competition, My entry can be seen here Clicky Linky its of one of the ship wrecks at Fleetwood, not bragging just chuffed

If you click my profile you can see images of the caches I have found so far, not much in them just logs and papers but enough to get me hooked.

Regards

Dave :D

Edited by davenjulie

The photography and geocaching, I think, go really well together. Now I'm a geocacher rather than a photographer but photographs snaps I do enjoy taking. Looking back on my caches its like a little a report. A record of my journeys especially the caches that require effort, a walk or take you to a special place that you'd NEVER have gone to if it wasn't for geocaching. Wishing you well in your photography because your subject matter has just increased substantially! :)

Hi scottpa100, Im sure they will take me to new horizons, its cool this GCing

and friendly folk here too

I know lots of little hidy holes I have found over my travel, now I know why I found them to hide caches in :) going to make some water proof cache cases up, and commo them,, when I get my GPS I'll start hiding them.

Dave

PS how do I reverse the posts, as I keep having to scroll to the last post at the moment

PS how do I reverse the posts, as I keep having to scroll to the last post at the moment

I don't think you can (Rutson? - can you advise?) but I don't think it is meant to be seen in another order. After all it's not e-mail. IN a forum, you want the postings ie the conversation, to flow in an order. Er, 'forcing' you to view to view the forum, or thread, ensures that the whole conversation is seen as it is. I've never been on a forum that is shown otherwise to be honest - but past performance is no indicator of other or possible future performance. :):anicute:

Editing for fingers typing faster than the original order of the letters of words in the English language.

Edited by scottpa100

all other forums that I use have thread reversal including my own forum, I do understand about reading the whole thread so as to reply in context, guess its down to personal preference, really, I like to go to the last post and then find where I was upto in the thread and carry on from there if that makes sense, suppose hitting the last post does that though

Edited by davenjulie

you can go to the 'last post that you read' by clicking on the small red square just to the left of the Topic.

Bloomin heck - I never knew that!!!! See - you live and learn!

Edited to say - Hi..... lol - sorry, I wasn't being ignorant, I was just TOO amazed to remember my manners and say HI and welcome!!!!!

Edited by HazelS

hi guys and welcome to the mad house!

I too enjoy photography and the two hobbies go very well together! Watching your kit is important as you'll find it swinging close to rocks, posts and dirt of many kinds.

Since you'll be taking loads of shots do keep uploading them to your logs as it's great to look through as both owner and visitor.

Most of all HAVE FUN!