Travel Bug Status "unknown"

Plasma Boy

I have a travel bug, The Canadian Blood Services-Blood Line Travel Bug, It was placed at a location in Sherbrooke, Quebec in March. It was discovered twice in March. The status of the TB now is "Unknown". It was not retrieved from the cache. How does it become unknown. If it has not been logged as retrieved, should it not still be listed as being in the cache? If this designation was set by the cache owner, why have I not been notified by anyone?

Edited by Plasma Boy

Both the bug and cache owner have the ability to Mark a bug as missing and move it to the Unknown Location. No email is sent when this action is taken. I would have to assume that the cache owner verified that the bug is no longer in the cache and enough time has passed for someone to do the logging, had they taken it.

Should the bug resurface it can be pulled out of the unknown location and logged as normal.

I have a travel bug, The Canadian Blood Services-Blood Line Travel Bug, It was placed at a location in Sherbrooke, Quebec in March. It was discovered twice in March. The status of the TB now is "Unknown". It was not retrieved from the cache. How does it become unknown. If it has not been logged as retrieved, should it not still be listed as being in the cache? If this designation was set by the cache owner, why have I not been notified by anyone?

Edited by #1Cachers