Cache of the Titans ~ Medusa Geocoin

avroair

OK, I broke down and bought the two versions that are on sale.

I can't stop crying... WHERE"S ANT. SILVER?

:):grin: the silver one!! :grin::)

Hmm... I just found out these were up there. My guess is that the silvers will be available when the newsletter goes out. :) I will confirm and update this page.

Hmm... I just found out these were up there. My guess is that the silvers will be available when the newsletter goes out. :grin: I will confirm and update this page.

-1 for geoswag.com: No direct link to the pres-sale page and by showing only two out of a three coin set I'll have to pay twice for overseas shipping :)

+1 for Avroair: These coins look great though!

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

Hmm... I just found out these were up there. My guess is that the silvers will be available when the newsletter goes out. :) I will confirm and update this page.

-1 for geoswag.com: No direct link to the pres-sale page and by showing only two out of a three coin set I'll have to pay twice for overseas shipping :grin:

+1 for Avroair: These coins look great though!

Here's the direct link to the coins:

Medusa Sale Page

I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. I had to go buy 10 of the silvers, they're OUTSTANDING! :grin:

:grin: Lucky you! And it explains a lot about why there were only two versions left. :)

Ok, before the pitchfork crews shows up in Ohio, let's call out the tongue and cheek. I bought a few of each, not anywhere near ten. I've been on a roll today, and I guess I should use more smilies. :)

TMA

Ok, before the pitchfork crews shows up in Ohio, let's call out the tongue and cheek. I bought a few of each, not anywhere near ten. I've been on a roll today, and I guess I should use more smilies. :)

TMA

Don't worry. I used a 'sad' smilie, not an 'angry' one. Sometimes your lucky, sometimes you don't. And by the way, from here to Ohio is a very long swim (and walk, and i do not even have a pitchfork)... :grin:

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

Well, work made me miss out on all but the copper one. :grin: Did anyone order extras for us losers who had to work? Looking to trade for Ant. Silver and Ant. Gold, please!. Pretty please? :)

CF30

I only got a few of each but I might be able to hook you up. Due to the speed (or general lack of) coin sales recently we only made 100 of each. When people were polled, the overwhelming majority liked the copper so we made that the most common available.

Well, work made me miss out on all but the copper one. :grin: Did anyone order extras for us losers who had to work? Looking to trade for Ant. Silver and Ant. Gold, please!. Pretty please? :)

CF30

I only got a few of each but I might be able to hook you up. Due to the speed (or general lack of) coin sales recently we only made 100 of each. When people were polled, the overwhelming majority liked the copper so we made that the most common available.

Sweet! :grin: Please check my Trader list to see if I have anything you're interested in. I'd love to work out something! :)

CF30

For those who have emailed me and asked, yes, there are 4 new versions of the Medusa, three are two-tone, the fourth is a white version of the antique silver. They didn't turn out exactly how I had envisioned, but look pretty cool! :rolleyes: They should be available in very limited quantities in January 2009.

How many versions are there of this geocoin? And which?

This was one of the first coins that I found (TB2Q6ZT ), its details and size really impressed me. I remember that it had white details on the Medusa side, but I don't think that the head was golden. Does that make it the Geocoinfest\Geowoodstock XXLE version?

How many versions are there of this geocoin? And which?

This was one of the first coins that I found (TB2Q6ZT ), its details and size really impressed me. I remember that it had white details on the Medusa side, but I don't think that the head was golden. Does that make it the Geocoinfest\Geowoodstock XXLE version?

There are 11 versions total:

copper --- RE

antique gold --- RE

antique silver --- LE

gold on copper --- SE

nickel on copper --- SE

nickel on silver --- SE

gold on silver --- SE

gold on black nickel --- AE

Brimstone --- copper, red with gold

Tempest --- copper, red with nickel

GCF/GW --- black nickel with nickel medusa

I am also in the preliminary stages of making a geocaching game involving this geocoin artwork.

There are 11 versions total:

copper --- RE

antique gold --- RE

antique silver --- LE

gold on copper --- SE

nickel on copper --- SE

nickel on silver --- SE

gold on silver --- SE

gold on black nickel --- AE

Brimstone --- copper, red with gold

Tempest --- copper, red with nickel

Ulm --- shiny gold and red and yellow