COG's Fun Times at Blue

myrtlemoose

I'm co-hosting a weekend of geocaching at Blue Mountain in Collingwood on Sept 20-21st.

It's going to be heaps of fun!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...9f-3bb203d51f0c

On Saturday and Sunday Blue Mountain is hosting their Second Annual Geocache Blue event.

For Saturday - they're offering 2 sessions of a very cool sounding geocache circuit. It's geered towards newbies but it'd also be loads of fun for families. This is a fundraising event to raise $ for the new Blue Mountain Medical Centre in Thornbury. For $20 bucks each team gets access to a GPSr (if they don't have one) and pass for the gondola. They can choose between 3 courses of different levels of terrain difficulty. It sounds like a cross between regular caching, orienteering and a rally. It should be heaps of fun. There will also be prizes prizes prizes!!!!! Last year Blue gave 3 shiny new GPSrs as prizes!!!

For Sunday morning- we're helping out with some basic geocaching workshops for newbies.

Then Sunday lunch is the COG lunch at Tholos Restaurant in the Village. Everyone welcome. New, old and non-cachers alike!

On Sunday afternoon- after the lunch - head out and find some of the fabulous caches in the area in Collingwood, along the shore of Georgian Bay and up on the Niagara Escarpment.

I'm working with Blue Mountain Resorts on an accommodation package for geocachers who'd like to come for the entire weekend of caching events.

Please note- Blue Mountain has asked for some help from COG with some of their events:

On Saturday we need a few mentors to help out the with newbies on the geocaching tours;

On Sunday we need some help from anyone who could run a wee info session on some basic geocahing topics. Nawty has already offered to do one. These sessions will be held inside in Tholos Restaurant. (i.e. electricity and wireless connections.)

Blue Mountain will offer a special accommodation deal for anyone who helps with mentoring Saturday or with the workshops on Sunday.

Please contact me directly if you could help.

Check out the Blue Mountain website:

http://www.bluemountain.ca/index.htm

To find "Geocache Blue" go to "things to do" then select "events calendar".