Thanks, But No Thanks!

Fledermaus

I will not be returning to this forum in the near future

Followed quickly by

Just a note - the OP has edited his original post, so evidently, he is following this thread

Kinda makes me wonder what else they were fibbing about?

If you look at his recent finds, he has actually logged a couple of Premium member caches. He "hitched a ride" with Premium member. Obviously, he is aware of the workaround for logging of these caches.

[That being said, does anyone know what a 'sou' is? A google search turned up only a kind of pastry or a gold coin. If someone wishes to give me either pastries or gold coins I promise that I will show proper gratitude.

I think they meant sow as in female hog.

BTW, if I rant and rave about premium memberships and forum lizards, you think I could talk someone into ordering me a gift supscription? ;)

BTW! If you thought that I could not afford to pay for my own "upgrade", then you are sadly mistaken. As a matter of fact, I bought my home with cash(no mortgages),

Why would someone think that paying for a house with cash was something to brag about??? ;)

What a waste of potential money earned!

Ah, well, fits in with the rest of the rant, I suppose.

Not only has he set himself up but he is “allowing” the moderator to keep this thread open so that the Forum Lizards can continue to take potshots at him in his presumed perpetual absence.

Well, this was a useful thread because I learned a new term, Forum Lizards, thanks to catsnfish, and thanks to the OP I know the abbreviation. :laughing:

Skisidedown

Ever heard of the saying: "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!"?

Someone, whoever you are, is responsible for the following E-Mail message, and he/she has wasted their time and monies on something that is of no value to me.

====================================

This is an automated message from Geocaching.com

Greetings from Groundspeak.

Thanks for supporting the Geocaching.com web site! This is a quick note to let you know your premium membership has been activated.

Unlike PayPal Memberships, there is nothing you need to do to set up your membership.

You can now visit your "my cache page" and start using Pocket Queries and other premium member features.

Let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Cheers,

The Groundspeak Team

To bad you can't get a refund!

The only benefits to this "upgrade" are functions that I do not use now nor plan to use in the near future, i.e. bookmarks, queries et cetera. I am quite happy plodding along with my antique Garmin GPS and printing my caches.

BTW! If you thought that I could not afford to pay for my own "upgrade", then you are sadly mistaken. As a matter of fact, I bought my home with cash(no mortgages), all the things in my home with cash and all my bills paid with cash every month. Furthormore, I don't have to "work" anymore and my time is used in whatever manner I choose. Money is not an issue!

I will not be returning to this forum in the near future, since there are still those out there that find it necessary to find fault with anything and everthing that doesn't fit into their narrow interpretation of what they think a (geo)cacher should be.

/\/(°w°)\/\

P.S. Attention Moderator: You may close this thread at your own discretion, or leave it open for the FLs to rant, rave and ridicule as they do so well.

I'm guessing that someone accidentally purchased you a membership because of the odd spelling in your username and it was really intended for someone else.

:laughing:

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I understand where you all are coming from, and I was also flabbergasted by the post, but in the OP's defense, I must say that he is someone that has contributed to geocaching quite a bit with 165 hides in almost 7 years of caching, and from what I can judge by the logs, well-liked caches at that. I wouldn't exactly call that "freeloading".

hmmm....

You know what I hate? All the swag this site sells. Stupid swag-selling commercializing website, swag lizards wrecking the whole game! I can play this game without all the crap they sell here. Travel bugs, hats, coins. All junk!

/goes to check mailbox

LMAO! :laughing:

I understand where you all are coming from, and I was also flabbergasted by the post, but in the OP's defense, I must say that he is someone that has contributed to geocaching quite a bit with 165 hides in almost 7 years of caching, and from what I can judge by the logs, well-liked caches at that. I wouldn't exactly call that "freeloading".

Actually there are many locals who tend to avoid his caches due to his long history deleting logs he didn't like and other irrational behavior. Fled is so well known for being eccentric that at one Halloween event someone came dressed up as him to be extra scary next to all the vampires and zombies! LOL

(good thing he isn't here to read this or my three finds on his caches may be deleted next!) B)

that's funny.

I'd imagine it was done in a less than friendly spirit, but it's still funny to me.

Anyway, that's not a bad thing. another site I was on, they would randomly give people a free month membership. It was a good idea, because people would see and get used to the additional features, and then they'd decide it was worth it, and become full members.

blah blah blah

and he/she has wasted their time and monies on something that is of no value to me.

Thanks for supporting the Geocaching.com web site! This is a quick note to let you know your premium membership has been activated.

Cheers,

The Groundspeak Team

blah blah blah

I can't believe no one else has trotted my gift horse out.... clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop.... :laughing:B)

Here ya go Flitter Dude:

328897.jpg

Maybe the gift was sent to make him angry and not happy. Did anyone ever think about that? Some people have pride and I assume he just wants to stand by his and doesn't need some one to give him anything if he doesn't want it. I feel if he doesn't want it Groundspeak should respect his wishes and reverse it.

Maybe the gift was sent to make him angry and not happy. Did anyone ever think about that? Some people have pride and I assume he just wants to stand by his and doesn't need some one to give him anything if he doesn't want it. I feel if he doesn't want it Groundspeak should respect his wishes and reverse it.

Probably just a glitch caused by a website update. Groundspeak will probably catch it and take it away from him soon enough. :anibad:

pride is no reason to be rude and act like a gurk(sic). a simple "no thank-you, would you give this gift to someone who really needs it", would have sufficed.

Ever heard of the saying: "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!"?

Someone, whoever you are, is responsible for the following E-Mail message, and he/she has wasted their time and monies on something that is of no value to me.

Unlike PayPal Memberships, there is nothing you need to do to set up your membership.

You can now visit your "my cache page" and start using Pocket Queries and other premium member features.

Let us know if you have any questions or issues.

Cheers,

The Groundspeak Team

The only benefits to this "upgrade" are functions that I do not use now nor plan to use in the near future, i.e. bookmarks, queries et cetera. I am quite happy plodding along with my antique Garmin GPS and printing my caches.

BTW! If you thought that I could not afford to pay for my own "upgrade", then you are sadly mistaken. As a matter of fact, I bought my home with cash(no mortgages), all the things in my home with cash and all my bills paid with cash every month. Furthormore, I don't have to "work" anymore and my time is used in whatever manner I choose. Money is not an issue!

I will not be returning to this forum in the near future, since there are still those out there that find it necessary to find fault with anything and everthing that doesn't fit into their narrow interpretation of what they think a (geo)cacher should be.

/\/(°w°)\/\

P.S. Attention Moderator: You may close this thread at your own discretion, or leave it open for the FLs to rant, rave and ridicule as they do so well.

Did you forget to take your meds?

Like others have done, I'd like to add to this thread by saying that I think Ferraris are stupid. I'm completely convinced that everyone who drives one is wrong.

And there is not a ferrari at my address

Bad_CRC

1532 N. Broadway

Rochester MN, 55902

And I would never buy one because they are so silly.

Oh, I don't know . . . if someone wants to really-really insult me and make me very angry - buy me a new OREGON 300 from Garmin and throw in a lifertime Premium Membership with GC.com.

I will, honestly, try to be ingracious, selfish, angry, braggarty and blatantly insulting and flaming to the greatest number of people possible. I may even let you all know how wealthy I am, just to throw it into your faces tp make me look good and seem disconnected from need of your gift, after all, wealthy people do not need gifts from anyone - they buy what they need themselves.

Go ahead . . . try me, really, I will not disappoint you!

I am a PM because I thought if I was going to use the site as much as I do, I should contribute in a small way. But then I needed a mortgage for my house. I am still working and cannot retire. And I don’t live in a shack in the middle of the woods where land is $500/acre. Perhaps if Fledermaus rolled out his net worth, we would all be duly impressed. Then again… maybe we wouldn’t.

If he feels so strongly about this stuff, why doesn’t Fledermaus change over to TerraCaching. After all, this site exists for people who don’t agree with the Groundspeak Guidelines. At terraCaching, he can make-up his own rules. Same is true for all others who delete PM logs just because they can.

There are a lot of threads expressing concern about ill will and poor public images. Out of all the threads I have read, this one is it. Imagine being new, or a stranger to geocaching, and stumbling onto this as your introduction. Where are the Moderators with this one?

Take a look at the site, what difference will it make eliminating PMs? Do you think that Groundspeak will go out of business? Or maybe the advertisers, Garmin, Google and others will no longer associate with them. Unless caching is regulated out of existence, we are all here to stay; PMs and non-PMs alike.

Like others have done, I'd like to add to this thread by saying that I think Ferraris are stupid. I'm completely convinced that everyone who drives one is wrong.

Bad_CRC

1532 N. Broadway

Rochester MN, 55902

Okay... I have sent you a Ferrari just to make you angry. It should arrive at about 9:15 AM local time tomorrow morning, and, once it arrives, you can then come back to this thread and rant and rave about it, and about how much you hate the gift!

:):D:D;)

Bad_CRC

1532 N. Broadway

Rochester MN, 55902

Okay... I have sent you a Ferrari just to make you angry. It should arrive at about 9:15 AM local time tomorrow morning, and, once it arrives, you can then come back to this thread and rant and rave about it, and about how much you hate the gift!

:);):D:D

*mournful look* You never send ME Ferraris. And you KNOW how great a ranter and raver I am when sufficiently motivated!

Attention, world! (Except for the group in NE who chipped in together to gift me with a new Etrex Legend last year... this doesn't apply to you.) I am shocked, SHOCKED, that all you forum lizards haven't so much as gifted me with a... a... a Mr. Magneto to celebrate my ranting and raving! Though, really, I'd much rather have a copy of Garmin Street Maps or something similar.

I mean, I rant, I rave, I participate in political threads in off-topic, I geostalk Vinny regularly. What's a girl gotta DO?

BTW, I live in Bellevue, if you need to calculate shipping...

:D:)

If he feels so strongly about this stuff, why doesn’t Fledermaus change over to TerraCaching.

He use to be very active on Terracache.com but he Terracided.

Some issues in the TC forums I believe... Go figure.

Eeeek! This is NOT good news! Aside from small regional geocaching associations -- the vast majority of which do not list caches anyway -- this leaves him only Navicache, and perhaps GPSgames as a sandbox in which to throw more hissy fits and then commit various forms of geocide! The field is narrowing quite rapidly, and there ain't many options left! I wonder if one of the more kind-hearted forum members here would perhaps be interested in starting up an alternate worldwide geocache listing organization, replete with its own forum, to give Fled a bit more in the way of geocide options?? Pleeze??

If he feels so strongly about this stuff, why doesn’t Fledermaus change over to TerraCaching.

He use to be very active on Terracache.com but he Terracided.

Some issues in the TC forums I believe... Go figure.

Eeeek! This is NOT good news! Aside from small regional geocaching associations -- the vast majority of which do not list caches anyway -- this leaves him only Navicache, and perhaps GPSgames as a sandbox in which to throw more hissy fits and then commit various forms of geocide! The field is narrowing quite rapidly, and there ain't many options left! I wonder if one of the more kind-hearted forum members here would perhaps be interested in starting up an alternate worldwide geocache listing organization, replete with its own forum, to give Fled a bit more in the way of geocide options?? Pleeze??

He can’t do Navicache, it costs $25. :ph34r:

I am a PM because I thought if I was going to use the site as much as I do, I should contribute in a small way. But then I needed a mortgage for my house. I am still working and cannot retire. And I don’t live in a shack in the middle of the woods where land is $500/acre. Perhaps if Fledermaus rolled out his net worth, we would all be duly impressed. Then again… maybe we wouldn’t.

If he feels so strongly about this stuff, why doesn’t Fledermaus change over to TerraCaching. After all, this site exists for people who don’t agree with the Groundspeak Guidelines. At terraCaching, he can make-up his own rules. Same is true for all others who delete PM logs just because they can.

There are a lot of threads expressing concern about ill will and poor public images. Out of all the threads I have read, this one is it. Imagine being new, or a stranger to geocaching, and stumbling onto this as your introduction. Where are the Moderators with this one?

Take a look at the site, what difference will it make eliminating PMs? Do you think that Groundspeak will go out of business? Or maybe the advertisers, Garmin, Google and others will no longer associate with them. Unless caching is regulated out of existence, we are all here to stay; PMs and non-PMs alike.

There were worse than this when you joined. What did you think of them then? I'm going to have to say your fears are unfounded. These forums are not representative of the game in general, just representative of most of the opinionated people. This particular thread is slow and mild by comparison and will eventually slip into ether nothingness when these folks get bored.

There were worse than this when you joined. What did you think of them then? I'm going to have to say your fears are unfounded. These forums are not representative of the game in general, just representative of most of the opinionated people. This particular thread is slow and mild by comparison and will eventually slip into ether nothingness when these folks get bored.

As you can tell, I’ve never spent a lot of time here. Partly for what you just pointed out. Partly because of the difficulty getting around the boards. And partly because I feel like an outsider. As you say, I’ve seen worse (in my opinion). Quite frankly, I just think it is discourteous, disrespectful and a bit hypocritical. But then, what do I know.

As you can tell, I’ve never spent a lot of time here. Partly for what you just pointed out. Partly because of the difficulty getting around the boards. And partly because I feel like an outsider. As you say, I’ve seen worse (in my opinion). Quite frankly, I just think it is discourteous, disrespectful and a bit hypocritical. But then, what do I know.

That describes any group larger than 2 for any hobby, sport, religion and politics at any age. I define that as typical human nature. Why should this be any different? Let's also add judgemental, which you've successuflly displayed in your lament about others. :D

Edited by TotemLake

:D:):D:D

very funny. :rolleyes:

I guess I could use it as a travel bug.

63_1.JPG

That describes any group larger than 2 for any hobby, sport, religion and politics at any age. I define that as typical human nature. Why should this be any different? Let's also add judgemental, which you've successuflly displayed in your lament about others. :D

I am of course, talking in reference to this thread. I have been known to be - opinionated. Which is also a good one. After that, I am pretty much live and let live. I don’t look to delete logs for personal reasons. :rolleyes: