Masonic Geocoin

Beefy4605

It may be a long shot but I would like to buy an unactivated Masonic geocoin .I've looked in a few places but as I'm relatively new to all of this so far I've come up with nothing .

If anyone is willing to sell or can point me in the right direction please, please get in touch.

Thanks

One masonic geocoin just posted on eBay by myself. Check it out.

The collectors in here generally like to see what it is going to look like, what it is made of, what size it is, how much it costs, what finishes it comes in, etc.... before they will decide to buy it.

I believe there are one or two Masonic related geocoins out there. Someone will come up with a link, I'm sure.

Edit to add: when you do have all the information, please feel free to start a thread for your own geocoin announcement.

Edited by Eartha

The collectors in here generally like to see what it is going to look like, what it is made of, what size it is, how much it costs, what finishes it comes in, etc.... before they will decide to buy it.

I believe there are one or two Masonic related geocoins out there. Someone will come up with a link, I'm sure.

Edit to add: when you do have all the information, please feel free to start a thread for your own geocoin announcement.

Is the coin being produced with the approval of the Masons?

As a Mason, I would be interested in purchasing one of your coins. That is of course if you have gotten the proper permission to create this coin. If you have not gotten permission I would highly recommend you do so before beginning production. It shouldn't be a big deal as many Masons geocache.

He/She will only need to get approval from a modern masonic organization if that specific org's emblem is used. I doubt that general symbols such as the tracing board, compass, square, etc are copyright. If someone has copyrighted those old symbols I'd like to see them try and defend their copyright in court ;)

getting approval from the masons would be a courteous thing to do.

ILYK

Its like asking him to get permission from the christians. Which ones?

most states have their own lodges

ILYK

and their own churches. Which is the one true church in your state? Catholic? Baptist? Which one best represents christianity? Yessss, there are many points of view within freemasonry as well. The O.P. has not stated a preference.

With all due respect to everyone in this thread - if you want to argue the bit out - please take it elsewhere .This thread was started in September 2008 to seek out and purchase a Masonic coin . That aim has been achieved .

Could a passing moderator close this thread.

No argument - just a discussion about Masonry which is an interesting topic. You got the coins you were after so maybe this thread should have been closed back in 08 so it couldn't be dug up again and you be bothered by a subsciption notification. You will find us a pretty friendly bunch (though geocoin obsessed)so feel free to visit us anytime.

Edited by haysonics