My cover blown in Linlithgow!

goldpot

Most of us have been spotted red handed (or should it be GPS handed) by other fellow cachers while out hunting, but this story is quite bizarre;

There I was hundreds of miles from home minding my own business in a pub in some small Lothian town when out of the blue someone thrust a geocoin in my face and said 'You're a cacher aren't you'?! :rolleyes:

Totally flabbergasted that I first thought it was a set up by my muggle friends whom were with me at the time, but they looked at me blankly, so I spoke to two mystery fellows who by now had retreated to a corner and it transpired that they were cachers theboltonwomble and pete37038.

Astonishingly they remembered me caching in Harrogate during the Mega Event, but more surprisingly is that we only met very briefly when we found the Wherigo cache simultaneously.

By pure coincident that night we found ourselves drinking in the same pub at the same time! Had we known we would have made it a caching event!

It takes the saying 'It's a small world' to another level.

Has anyone else been spotted off duty like this?

Having found one of your caches in Regent's Park I was walking back towards the BBC, GPS in pocket when a couple suddenly called over, "You're Simply Paul, aren't you?" I was, and they were looking for the clues to find cache I'd found 20 minutes earlier and some 10 minutes walk away. As you say, small world (but yours is smaller than mine- unless the pub was a virtual? :rolleyes: )

Speaking of coincidental meetings,

I was out on a photography project last year (not even with my GPS or any intention of finding caches that day) when I walked through a tunnel on a footpath near Saundersfoot, in South Wales. As my intention was simply to snap the tunnel entrance from both ends, I did an about turn and walked immediately back through the tunnel.

About a third of the way down, a couple with bikes had stopped there and as I passed asked if I was a muggle...

They'd assumed that I'd walked to the end of the tunnel and was pacing out the length to CLIFHANGER (GC12XNK) from the tunnel mouth as given in the encrypted clue! It turned out that they were spykal, and we then proceeded to look for and find the cache together!