Dragonfly Talisman Geocoins trackable w/ icon

tsunrisebey

I forgot my password and as I was re-entering my mailing info my cart dumped my 2 JC coins when I went to select my payment page and then ended up dumping the BL coins when I went back to my cart. I thought the cart was suppose to hold our coins for 1 hour :D When I ordered there were 75 BL and 50 JC available.

The online store versus on sale now had me confused for a minute as well. I got 2 of the bucket and 1 johnny cash which is all I was trying for. I couldn't remember my login info either, but got it on the 3rd attempt.

If anyone wants to trade for the Bucket List version, I have an extra. Looking for a colored Tengwar in return.

Hi

We're somewhere in Portugal caching near a farm under heavy rain, but didn' forget to bring laptop :D !!

We got two of each :unsure::):lol::lol: !!! Thanks a lot for another two great coins Tsun

Wow, that qualifies as an epic, most determined online purchase... congratulations that you got it! The closest I've ever been to that kind of thing is camping on a Calgary riverside mooching off signal from homes across the river engaged in an ebay bid war.

And here I am holed up in a building with central heating working on research papers.

I kind of like how nobody was bumping this thread since yesterday - I wonder, was everyone keeping quiet to lull others into a false sense of security (or thinking it's the wrong date?)

I forgot my password and as I was re-entering my mailing info my cart dumped my 2 JC coins when I went to select my payment page and then ended up dumping the BL coins when I went back to my cart. I thought the cart was suppose to hold our coins for 1 hour :D When I ordered there were 75 BL and 50 JC available.

me too! i mean how can you have coins in your cart, be in the checkout process and have the coins disappear out of your cart? i was dead on the time and like you, there were 75 and 50 available?

lara

me too! i mean how can you have coins in your cart, be in the checkout process and have the coins disappear out of your cart? i was dead on the time and like you, there were 75 and 50 available?

lara

I'm right there with you. My two Jonny Cash coins disappeared upon check out.

Be serious now. With 75 and 50 available, the most customers available to get orders in was 38 if everyone bought the max. And even customer number 38 could only get 1 Bucket List. So are you trying to tell me that you don't believe 38 people could have put orders in? Think about how many geocoin collectors there are.

Please.

TMA

There were probably more than that all trying to get their orders in at the same time. Quite a few more.

Be serious now. With 75 and 50 available, the most customers available to get orders in was 38 if everyone bought the max. And even customer number 38 could only get 1 Bucket List. So are you trying to tell me that you don't believe 38 people could have put orders in? Think about how many geocoin collectors there are.

Please.

TMA

There were probably more than that all trying to get their orders in at the same time. Quite a few more.

Exactly my point. Most likely 200 people on that site trying to get an order in. So, the first people to checkout get their orders filled. It's just like any other geocoinstore. You have to checkout. I **think** that her site holds your coins for 60 seconds. That's it. If you haven't checked out, and the coins are gone, well, they get pulled from your cart.

There will always be next time :D

TMA

lara

many in the same boat, but with 50 coins, the first 25 buyers to get through probably bought them up. Anyone that had login problems(forgot to login) missed out as I'm sure they were gone in less than 60 seconds.... I'll just try again in late Dec when the others are reminted, if not maybe I can trade my extra 'bucket list' for a 'johnny cash'

The shopping cart on TSUN's website is suppose to hold your coins in your cart (I believe for an hour) and not dump them. That is suppose to prevent you from losing coins as you shop or during checkout. Given the number of people who had coins dumped, there must have been a glitch in the shopping cart program today.

Please.

TMA

Exactly my point. Most likely 200 people on that site trying to get an order in. So, the first people to checkout get their orders filled. It's just like any other geocoinstore. You have to checkout. I **think** that her site holds your coins for 60 seconds. That's it. If you haven't checked out, and the coins are gone, well, they get pulled from your cart.

TMA

We've been down this road before. (Taking things from a person's shopping cart.) Let's not visit again.

Please.

TMA

TMA

Actually I believe that she set up her sight to NOT base the sales on who checks out first. Once they are in your cart they are suppose to be yours even if someone checks out first.

Let me first start off by saying thank you to those that were interested in these coins. I really do appreciate the support.

Now to address the actual sale which I have tried to explain several times before. I will do it again. I know it's very frustrating to not get in on a sale. Trust me it's more frustrating to be on the receiving end of the complaints and comments when it's all said and done. I wish I had an answer or solution that worked for all of us. For the time being I don't and maybe I never will.

Please keep this in mind when ordering from my current webstore. You are all loading items into your carts at the same time. Unfortunately everyone can load a coin into their cart and proceed to checkout. I have to manually refresh my inventory screen to watch the numbers decline because the products oversell. The cart system is not set up to oversell but the problem is that the cart system wasn't made to deal with a geocoin sale (where a large group is competing to get the same product). I have to manually go in and delete the product altogether, so anyone who hasn't got through checkout will lose their coins (but I don't have any in stock at that time anyhow). I know this is confusing to many of you because you are only 1 person at your computer ordering and things aren't as they appear from your computer screen.

I have suggested before but I can't hold everyone's hand each sale, please use the test product prior to the sale, to make sure the system works for you. If it doesn't you need to let me know, so I can help you work through the system. I don't like the way this is set up myself but my contract doesn't end until the end of December, so I'm stuck with it and the upset emails that come along with it.

I spent a good hour this past Friday talking with a web developer who can cater to my needs. My 1st priority was a cart system that worked better, followed by handling of a heavy traffic load and easier registration along with about 10 other items that I felt were important. I'm working on it and even then it isn't going to be perfect and people will still miss out on sales.

If you want to be upset, go ahead get it out of your system. I don't purposely set out to ruin your day, lol.

Oh and by the way for the whole new system and web design change I'm working towards for 2009, it's going to cost a couple thousand dollars. Now let's see, would I rather be 1 person who is upset because I missed a couple of coins and saved myself 20 bucks or be the vendor who is trying to do her best and going to be selling some of her collection to afford it? Hmmmmm.

Good Lord, not sure how I should handle the upcoming Christmas Turtle sales.... might have a lynch mob here in Montana mid-December :D

Just hang in there and try to trade for them, ok? I'm working on solutions but I can only do so much. I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm just telling ya like it is and trying to let ya know I'm working on things. Time and money.....

Please.

TMA

TMA

Actually I believe that she set up her sight to NOT base the sales on who checks out first. Once they are in your cart they are suppose to be yours even if someone checks out first.

can't be set that way... I had mine in cart within seconds only to lose them seconds later...

lara

many in the same boat, but with 50 coins, the first 25 buyers to get through probably bought them up. Anyone that had login problems(forgot to login) missed out as I'm sure they were gone in less than 60 seconds.... I'll just try again in late Dec when the others are reminted, if not maybe I can trade my extra 'bucket list' for a 'johnny cash'

I missed out again eight after and they were gone

The numbers were dropping VERY FAST. It was almost like the line-up outside a large tech store for Halo 3. It was unbelievable to me, but I had to stay and watch, and recorded what happened - to give you an idea:

I had a page refreshing every few seconds on the item page and when it first appeared I was in such a hurry the system hadn't updated yet and a glitch kept me trying to add to the cart 3 times.

The moment it allowed me to add to the cart, which is the first second the system was ready to process orders at maybe almost 9:01am, the number was at 60+ and falling - I was watching the bucket page because I thought it was the nicer of the two (it's shiny.)

After getting my order in, which took 5 seconds to add to cart, update quantity, and 10 seconds to login and checkout, the page was showing 48. I refreshed 5 seconds later when I completed the paypal checkout and it was 36. I refreshed again and it was 25.

When I was typing my post at 9:02am that said "15", I first typed in "36". A couple seconds later I had to edit it to 25. A couple seconds later it was 21. Then 15, and I figured by the time my post was added to the thread, everything would be gone - but one stubborn bucket edition hung around for maybe 15 seconds and at 9:04am it, too, vanished and the pages were taken off at 9:05am. I'm sure the JC was all gone at about 9:03:30 am when the bucket was at 25.

Thank you tsun for putting up the "test" item. I "bought" it beforehand yesterday to run through the system and become signed up with a super-short username and password. If it wasn't for that test item, I would not have gotten the couple I ordered.

Edited by Zarya.

Sorry, if I were Tsunrisebey there is no way I would purchase a website worth a couple thousand dollars to appease twenty people. I think we have to look at the person who is selling the coins and see if they sell a couple a year or twenty or thirty designs that can support that kind of money.

Great job Tsunrisebey. Can't wait for the earth turtles.

Sorry, if I were Tsunrisebey there is no way I would purchase a website worth a couple thousand dollars to appease twenty people. I think we have to look at the person who is selling the coins and see if they sell a couple a year or twenty or thirty designs that can support that kind of money.

It won't take long to pay off at $20-$25 bucks a coin and tons of remints :D

It won't take long to pay off at $20-$25 bucks a coin and tons of remints :D

Tons of remints + Multiple metals Does that mean presales!!!???!!! :unsure::) Nope (I know the answer and for sure I'm only teasing!!))

Good Lord, not sure how I should handle the upcoming Christmas Turtle sales.... might have a lynch mob here in Montana mid-December...

limit coins to one a person, one of each type. another vendor does that, his shopping cart works perfect, even though coins sell out immediately, i don't see this kind of stuff, coins disappearing from carts during the checkout process.

i am not angry, after all, it is just a coin, but it does seem as if there should be a better way if one is as popular as you and if sales are going to be mad rushes.

rsg

Here's a helpful tip for those who forget their passwords or misspell stuff when they are in a hurry. I use a free (or you can upgrade for $) program called Roboform to manage passwords and form-filling. It's fairly easy to set up, and it's secure. You can find it here.

Another tip which works for me. Just put the still not available coins in the basket, plus the 'test' item. Then continue the buy and you'll get to the screen where the three items can been seen, but there is the amount of 0 with the coins. Then putt the amount on 1 and press the button on the right. If not succesfull, go back with the back button of the browser and try again, and again, and again, until you see that the amount is accepted. Do so for both coins if buying two diffenent. The preceed and type your name and address as fast as you possibly can...

Greetings, Rian

Good Lord, not sure how I should handle the upcoming Christmas Turtle sales.... might have a lynch mob here in Montana mid-December...

limit coins to one a person, one of each type. another vendor does that, his shopping cart works perfect, even though coins sell out immediately, i don't see this kind of stuff, coins disappearing from carts during the checkout process.

i am not angry, after all, it is just a coin, but it does seem as if there should be a better way if one is as popular as you and if sales are going to be mad rushes.

rsg

Yep, but you failed to read post 222. She bought a webstorefront, and is stuck using it til January of 2009. She doesn't like it, and that's that. There are absolutely other methods of checkout, but other vendors pay big bucks for them. So roll up a smathering of patience, and wait til 2009 to order another Tsun design. Sounds simple to me.

TMA

Congratulations on another total sellout, Tsun. Yalehockeymom stopped over on her way between NY and CONN, just in time to set up her laptop and join the mad rush with me.

Yes, I am soo happy to be able to get my coins. Thank you Vanelle for your kitchen table and internet service.

sadly, I never did make it back home to Ct today. I am now sitting in a hotel room two hrs away from

home. We had a minor car accident but we are all safe and unhurt.

Tsun, thanks for the wonderful coins. You really put alot of thought into each and every coin you design. Please keep them coming!

YHM

At first , I was going to say : WAH, I missed out BUT, it isn't worth it to hurt someones feelings as I do NOT relish doing that.

You have to know that we really care for you having feelings and caring about ours. Your coins are the work of a brilliant mind, Very sought after AND has got to be the MOST popular and beautiful ones around. And I now others will agree with me on that note.

We appreciate you wanting to please us. But remember . . . " You can't please every one so you got to please yourself" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

At first , I was going to say : WAH, I missed out BUT, it isn't worth it to hurt someones feelings as I do NOT relish doing that.

You have to know that we really care for you having feelings and caring about ours. Your coins are the work of a brilliant mind, Very sought after AND has got to be the MOST popular and beautiful ones around. And I now others will agree with me on that note.

We appreciate you wanting to please us. But remember . . . " You can't please every one so you got to please yourself" :unsure::rolleyes:

P.S. I, Too missed out :rolleyes:

Hugs

Quick Note:

I'm packing all orders right now, so ALL orders will be shipped tomorrow (Tues.).

US customers that ordered 4 coins only, thanks to TMA's whining on shipping :rolleyes::unsure::ph34r: , there is a $1.00 refund coming your way and to think I almost got away with ripping everyone off, dang it :rolleyes: Long story short, weight issues with these coins cause the higher weights to register a different price, sorry about that but it's only on the 4 coin orders.

Canadian customers will get refunds too but I probably won't have time to get to them tonight, so give me about 2 days. If you don't get a shipping refund within 5 days, please email me and let me know. Your refunds will be different but in the end you'll be charged what US customers were charged for the same amoutn of coins shipped

International (overseas), it is possible someone may get a small refund but I won't know until I get calculate your shipping via the USPS website and if you are due a refund, I will send it by the end of the week.

All coins have been packaged with extra protection. If you have any issues, please email me upon receipt of your coins.

Thanks! tsun :)

Got a couple of emails asking about the activation codes.... sorry dropped the ball on that part with all the stuff going on. I'm sending the codes over to coincodes.com tonight. Might take a day or so to get put in the system but Eric is usually pretty quick about it. Thanks for dropping me a note to let me know...

tsun

I have been away from Geocaching for a while and decided to check back in on the ol' Geocoin Forums. There have been some neat coins available over the past few months but these Dragonfly Talisman Geocoins are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! What a great design! Although I missed the sale, I am truly pleased just to know that these beauties are out there...

Congratulations on a beautiful design, I can hardly wait to see what you create next!

:D

Hey Steph,

I received my coins in the mail today! They are awesome. My wife loves the Bucket List colors. Thank you for this beautiful design. I have posted to the coin trading thread for all those looking to get either coin. One more thing, didn't I read somewhere, on your web page, that every purchase was going to have a piece of paper in the shipment with a number that would be an entry into a drawing to be held at a later date?? I didn't get a number :laughing:

Joe