Dragonfly Talisman Geocoins trackable w/ icon

tsunrisebey

Tsun, I am sure you will be in here reading through later today. But did anyone else have it where it did not charge shipping fees? I definitely need to get that paid since it did not charge me any.

Check your invoice. There should be a Shipping item listed just like a purchase item.

Tsun, I am sure you will be in here reading through later today. But did anyone else have it where it did not charge shipping fees? I definitely need to get that paid since it did not charge me any.

Check your invoice. There should be a Shipping item listed just like a purchase item.

Same here, shipping charge $0.00

TSUN- Just send me a PayPal invoice for the shipping when you figure out what happened

Thanks again for the nice geocoin and smooth sale

Yes there is a shipping item but if you ordered more than she had loaded into her system then you weren't charged shipping and it would show $0. Those who ordered for several people might see this happen.

Ok, so I have an invoice & a PayPal receipt. Is this enough to go into the Trading thread & offer my spares up for trade? Or should I wait for confirmation from you, Tsun, before doing so? I believe I have two sets, which means that I believe that I have extras for trade so if anyone is interested, drop me a line. I do have some specific coins I'm looking for - even tho I have so many more on my seeking list... :lol:

CF30

Those of you who have paypal receipts are fine.

I've got all the invoices printed and will pack your orders over the next few days.

A few of you wrote in during the sale and needed help, I'm sorry that I couldn't be available because things moved way to fast to watch stock and answer questions while invoices come in.

I realize that there will always be a few people who will be upset or become frustrated because things didn't go smoothly. It's never my intent to have unhappy customers and I really do try hard to make sure things go as smoothly as possible and I really made an effort to make all of you aware of how the system worked, time to practice and make myself available for questions. I am sorry for the few of you who had issues, I will answer all of you throughout the day.

On that note, let me say that for a few of you who couldn't checkout because 'things disappeared' that was because I deleted the product altogether because it had already oversold. That is why you saw nothing. The carts are set up for an hour and nothing can be taken from your cart by another or even if someone gets to paypal before you. My system is not set up to dump your cart at all. The only way that happens is when stock is sold out and I delete the item from the system. I had to do this because it will oversell for those of you who had stuff in your carts already.

Anyhow.... I'll get to your questions and try to answer them as best as possible.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Looks like the system is not reserving the product exclusively once you put it in your cart. Seems to me that once you put it in your cart it should stay there until you remove it or session times out. I too had items in my cart and watched them disappear while I was checking out. Bummer. :anibad: [Thanks for clarifying Tsun in above post]

Edited by eheyman

Looks like the system is not reserving the product exclusively once you put it in your cart. Seems to me that once you put it in your cart it should stay there until you remove it or session times out. I too had items in my cart and watched them disappear while I was checking out. Bummer. :anibad:

I just explained this above. The cart system is not set up to dump your items (it's set or an hour) it will not dump your items even when the product sells out. You could literally come back 30 minutes later and buy the products in your cart. That is why I had to remove the items altogether so I wouldn't have a massive oversell. No one has to beat anyone to the paypal cart, stuff isn't stolen from your cart.

Like I said beore, I tried to cover every base this whole last week, I don't know of anything I could have done more for everyone. I thought 400 coins would be enough and I said I'd be doing a remint, etc. I really don't know what else to say.

Looks like the system is not reserving the product exclusively once you put it in your cart. Seems to me that once you put it in your cart it should stay there until you remove it or session times out. I too had items in my cart and watched them disappear while I was checking out. Bummer. :anibad:

I just explained this above. The cart system is not set up to dump your items (it's set or an hour) it will not dump your items even when the product sells out. You could literally come back 30 minutes later and buy the products in your cart. That is why I had to remove the items altogether so I wouldn't have a massive oversell. No one has to beat anyone to the paypal cart, stuff isn't stolen from your cart.

Like I said beore, I tried to cover every base this whole last week, I don't know of anything I could have done more for everyone. I thought 400 coins would be enough and I said I'd be doing a remint, etc. I really don't know what else to say.

I've never had a website that include a cart for sales so not sure how it all works. I did think however, that once a product was in your cart that it actually took it out of inventory at that time...so there would be no way to oversell a product or lose what was in your cart. Again, I'm not familiar with how these Carts work and if they are configurable or not?

Thanks for making such nice coins though Steph and no hard feelings on my part...just sour grapes...lol

I believe I may have been one of the people in the dumped merchandise boat. I placed several items in my cart just before 10:00, and then placed orders for the Dragonfly Talisman's when the sale opened. All looked fine until I went to check out. When I went to pay, the page kept refreshing back to the same page i was just on. It looked like the system was overwhelmed for those few moments and I kept trying to "get in" to make payment when I got a messge for a moment or two saying that the order was complete, except that I think the system dumped the orders on the Dragonflie's. After only a second or two the screen jumped back to the original order screen and it looked like my whole order went for a walk into the abyss. I have not received an invoice from Steph, from Paypal or from the abyss.

I sent a couple of quick emails through the customer service link. After sending the first one out, I remembered that I had jotted down the customer ID# and the session # and sent that information along with a complete listing of what I ordered in case that would help search for the order.

Steph, I can't count how many times I missed out on your coins. That this time I didn't is just luck. I was disappointed those times, I am elated this time. I have missed out more times than I have succeeded but have always (eventually) been able to trade for the coins I really wanted. There IS enough for all who want them - you might just have to wait to get them but you will eventually. :blink: There is no reason to get angry - disappointed, ok, but angry, no. With a coin of this calibur this will always happen.

CF30

P.S. Anyone got an Albino Lobster coin? I missed that sale... :anibad:

I believe I may have been one of the people in the dumped merchandise boat. I placed several items in my cart just before 10:00, and then placed orders for the Dragonfly Talisman's when the sale opened. All looked fine until I went to check out. When I went to pay, the page kept refreshing back to the same page i was just on. It looked like the system was overwhelmed for those few moments and I kept trying to "get in" to make payment when I got a messge for a moment or two saying that the order was complete, except that I think the system dumped the orders on the Dragonflie's. After only a second or two the screen jumped back to the original order screen and it looked like my whole order went for a walk into the abyss. I have not received an invoice from Steph, from Paypal or from the abyss.

I sent a couple of quick emails through the customer service link. After sending the first one out, I remembered that I had jotted down the customer ID# and the session # and sent that information along with a complete listing of what I ordered in case that would help search for the order.

I tried out the system a couple of times before today. I found that if I forgot to check the sending address is the same as billing or fill that in the page refreshed and I couldn't get past it. It didn't tel me what was srong though. If I also forgot to check the two boxes at the bottom of the page it did the same thing. If tsun hadn't mentioned that in an earlier post I may not have remembered to check those boxes.

I tried out the system a couple of times before today. I found that if I forgot to check the sending address is the same as billing or fill that in the page refreshed and I couldn't get past it. It didn't tel me what was srong though. If I also forgot to check the two boxes at the bottom of the page it did the same thing. If tsun hadn't mentioned that in an earlier post I may not have remembered to check those boxes.

I had that problem today, too. In too much of a hurry to look at everything & check everything. Fortunately, I figured it out in time - this time. :anibad:

CF30

I kept getting a popup saying something about a server error. Then when I finally got past that (about 4 minutes), I went to check out and stuff was missing..so I went back to verify my cart and yes, I did select the right amounts so I tried again but my cart was now empty :anibad: I knew at that point that the coins were all gone.

I didn't have any other problems with the system other than it became very slow. Not sure what the server error was all about though...

Edited by Theotokos

what crowesfeat said. i have already been offered trades and so all works out fine. i don't get stressed out about this stuff so that is good. i just got up two minutes too late!

funny thing is i dreamt about the sale and woke up several times during the night to make sure i wasn't going to be late and then was too exhausted to answer the alarm!

i found during the whole testing thing and buying a tatanka, skipping the registration process made the transaction go much smoother. my computer keeps track of my personal info and puts it in automatically.

so - moving on. great sale steph for a great product!

and thanks to those folks who thought ahead and bought traders!

lara

Ok, so I have an invoice & a PayPal receipt. Is this enough to go into the Trading thread & offer my spares up for trade? Or should I wait for confirmation from you, Tsun, before doing so? I believe I have two sets, which means that I believe that I have extras for trade so if anyone is interested, drop me a line. I do have some specific coins I'm looking for - even tho I have so many more on my seeking list... :anibad:

CF30

Email sent, fingers crossed.

WOW- it's a good thing you scheduled the sale on a weekday during working hours!! :blink: Can you imagine how fast they'd have gone on a weekend? :anibad:

400 coins sold in under 8 minutes, I'd have to say your Store handled the sale admirably!

Great job, and Thanks for all the effort you put in trying to educate us consumers on how your new store operates!

I got my invoice from Tsun so I think I'm good to go :anibad:

Coming from me, someone who is very NEW to this "addiction", it was a blast. Especially since I had to send my boss on an "errand" so she wouldn't catch me buying coins at work!!

Now comes the part that I'm sure a lot of people will have opinions on (Thanks TeamFireboy (Jodi)) for helping to explain some things about how this works. Anyway, I digress...I bought two full sets of this beautiful coin (thanks Tsun). Do I sell on Ebay or trade? Which is the more accepted method because I don't want to offend anybody, especially since some may be if their hard work is sold on Ebay. I am just getting started so I don't want to make everyone think I'm just trying to make a buck because I was a second quicker on the submit button... Thanks for your help.

:anibad: Man oh man what a morning! I got up to go to school and almost forgot the laptop...was today the day of the sale? I grabbed it and headed out the door. When I got to school I spent the first 30 minutes trying to find a wireless spot on campus...seems my building was not equipped but I was able to pick up a 60% signal from the dorm a little ways away.

I went to my 7:00 Montana Time class and was fidgeting as the clock approached 8:00. We got out at 5 til and I ran to my spot and fired up the computer. The professor and several of my classmates for my 8:00 Montana Time class walked by and said hello. Oops. I forgot to tell them I would be a little late.

From the time I loaded the cart with 3 coins until the time I paid PayPal was 7 munutes. Not bad at all. I then went in and checked stock on all the coins and there were only 10-20 left per color. Another great design with high demand.

All the excitement reminds me of lining up at the stores the day after Thanksgiving. Thanks for the fun and the awesome coins! I walked into my class with a big smile today. Can't wait for the baby turtles!!! :blink:

Hey LadyBee4T:

I saw and checked the boxes for "same address" and the two at the bottom. My info copied in the address fields below, so I think the system tried to get me in; it must just have been some kind of hiccup.

Ok, I have answered everyone's questions that wrote in, not sure how understandable I was, lol.

nashuan, give me until tomorrow and I will get back to you, I got all your emails, an invoice came in but you obviously didn't make it to the paypal part... so let the dust settle and I'll see where I'm at.

LadeBear68: 800 coins is a bit much, lol. That is Earth Turtle numbers. It really is hard to tell how well a coin is going to do. Selling 400 coins isn't exactly a given and especially in today's economy. I really do struggle with how many I should make, what will people like best, etc. Seeing as this is an expensive hobby, it's really tough for me to make much more than 500 at a time. Not to mention I have to "compete" with other designs so it's a bit stressful at times to sit down and figure out what the magical formula is and how to not disappoint a large number of people. I'll keep trying to imporve though, cause I do listen and watch what people are saying and I use that information in the future but it has been baby steps... lol.

The cart sytem: I'm not a techie so I'll explain this as best as I can. When I went with the host company I did, their cart system is not like most of the others everyone is used to dealing with. This is both good and bad, lol. I knew everyone hated getting to paypal and finding out their items were gone (whoever gets to paypal first, wins the coins). So, I searched for an alternative.

The site I use, programs everything with what is called Coldfusion, it is different from regular html. the cart system is also different. Cart systems typcially are a package deal, myself nor host companies can't change the how they work overall. It's buying a software package and learning to work with it.

So the cart system I have works almost opposite to what everyone is used to. For example, you load a coin into your cart. You can shop for 1 hour on my site and it will only dump that item after 1 hour is up. However, while all items are marked as 'not to sell overstock' it typically does not happen. The number available you see is not 'real time' it only drops in numbers as you actually get to the last page of ordering, then the number drops. (I know some of you have quit reading, lol). So maybe there are 5 coins actually left, but 10 people have 1 coin loaded in their cart but have not got to the final checkout stage. So when they do, since it was already in their cart, they can still pay for it, I end up with negative stock. You as the customer don't know this when you are checking out though. Anyhow, the only way for me to combat this issue is to delete the product immediately from the system altogether, which results in some people losing the item during the process. It was the only way to keep from selling what I didn't have. Would you feel worse if you had paid only to learn you bought oversold products and i had to refund?

Tyically a cart system isn't a problem but you are dealing with a very fast paced enviroment. There are 60 some people competing at the same time, loading coins in a cart and trying to checkout at the same time. Carts weren't made for this type of situation. So as stinky as it all is, it's going to continue to happen with anyone selling a popular coin in some form or another. My only option was to delete the product when I saw negative numbers which dumped coins from your carts because there it was no longer in the system.

I tried to explain all of this to tech support when I first signed on with them and they thought I was pulling their leg about the fast paced environment. They did ensure me that the site would not crash or at least they didn't think it would :anibad: However I am still working with tech support to address issues that are specific to my situation, trust me, they have had to reprogram a number of things for me prior to this sale, I've been working for well over a month on getting things right.

All in all, for a first time mass sale on a new website, I'm pleased that 99% of it went well. So for the few of you who walked away frustrated or disappointed I hope you'll try to understand. Each time is a learning experience and I'll always keep trying to give you 110%.

Ok, thanks again all for being patient and the orders. I'll have the majority of the orders shipping out tomorrow and the rest on Monday.

how about a v2 or a remint of these? I like the reservations you did with the turtles. At least that way you have an idea whether you are going to sell 400 or 2000 and it gives folks around the world time to order them instead of going to extremes to get them in an 8 minute window of opportunity.

I knew I'd miss these dag nabbit :blink:

I've got extra turtles for anyone looking to trade! :anibad:

Coming from me, someone who is very NEW to this "addiction", it was a blast. Especially since I had to send my boss on an "errand" so she wouldn't catch me buying coins at work!!

Now comes the part that I'm sure a lot of people will have opinions on (Thanks TeamFireboy (Jodi)) for helping to explain some things about how this works. Anyway, I digress...I bought two full sets of this beautiful coin (thanks Tsun). Do I sell on Ebay or trade? Which is the more accepted method because I don't want to offend anybody, especially since some may be if their hard work is sold on Ebay. I am just getting started so I don't want to make everyone think I'm just trying to make a buck because I was a second quicker on the submit button... Thanks for your help.

If you're new to this you may want to trade for coins you don't have. You'll also make someone or a few someones very happy!

Have to agree with Droo. TRADE! Oh, you could e-bay them and probably extra cash but then you'd miss out on the bartering and fun from here.

Have to agree with Droo. TRADE! Oh, you could e-bay them and probably extra cash but then you'd miss out on the bartering and fun from here.

Thanks for the advice. I was leaning towards trading also since I have seen a lot of really cool coins that I would love to have and I'm pretty sure my wife has cut me off now!! I'm working on a list of coins I have that I would be willing to trade (very small list) and a list of coins I would like (HUGE list). Is it okay to post a link to a personal web page or is that frowned upon? As far as earning extra cash on Ebay goes---I have to admit I've considered selling my extra set on Ebay considering what some sold out coins are going for; however, I just don't have a good feeling making money off of someone else's awesome design just because I happened to be lucky enough to get some. If it is okay, and I can find the appropriate thread, I will post a trade/wish list. Thanks for your help.

I would like to commend tsun on running the most well-informed geocoin sale I've ever experienced (in my vast 6 months of buying). Not only did you provide extensive information on the basics (where, when, how much, how many, etc) before the sale, but you have really raised the bar in terms of communication about how both the sale and website will work. Granted, this information does not ensure that everyone is content and happy with the outcome, but can anyone name one instance in geocaching (or life, for that matter) that guarantees that? I personally like the information you present about your geocoin philosophy and the genesis of your coins, from the first hand-drawn design to the proofs from the mint. If you have not visited tsun's website (not the webstore), the information she has there is both insightful, fun to read, and full of pretty pictures!

Tsun - Please continue sharing your geocoin ideas with us! I am very much excited to see the new projects you might have in the near future, and I am probably not alone in this!

For those who are interested in TRADING, I will have extras.

I would like to commend tsun on running the most well-informed geocoin sale I've ever experienced (in my vast 6 months of buying). Not only did you provide extensive information on the basics (where, when, how much, how many, etc) before the sale, but you have really raised the bar in terms of communication about how both the sale and website will work. Granted, this information does not ensure that everyone is content and happy with the outcome, but can anyone name one instance in geocaching (or life, for that matter) that guarantees that? I personally like the information you present about your geocoin philosophy and the genesis of your coins, from the first hand-drawn design to the proofs from the mint. If you have not visited tsun's website (not the webstore), the information she has there is both insightful, fun to read, and full of pretty pictures!

Tsun - Please continue sharing your geocoin ideas with us! I am very much excited to see the new projects you might have in the near future, and I am probably not alone in this!

Well said. I hope you still have hair left TSUN. Congrats on your new store.

Thank you! That really means alot to me. :anibad:

TSUN, Other then limiting the number each customer could buy at one time, I don't know how you could improve on you sales. I really appreciate the chance to "buy" test coins and work through the system. Now I just need to figure out how to be fast enough to actually get a coin. I've never been fast enough to get one of your coins yet. If you keep coming up with such great ideas, I'm going to keep trying to get one.

A clock on your site telling us what time it is there might help those of us who took forever trying to figure out if you were 1 or 2 hours ahead of us. I did figure it out ahead of time but still didn't check in until quarter after and of course was to late to get an Ocean Mist.

WATCH OUT NEXT TIME - My fingers will be smoking fast. :anibad:

Got to love dial up at a coin sale. I had a nutella but by the time I got to checkout it was gone. Nice coin though,

Wow, that's what I thought too. I was stuck at my mom's farm with nasty dial up and I actually managed to get my two that I wanted!

This is my last coin sale in N. America...my last in the actual time zone (MST) too. Tomorrow, off to Korea!!!!

<ahem> What they said :unsure:^_^

All International orders shipped today.

All orders have been shipped.

Next week I will put in a remint order. Currently I have 2 two-toned metal designs and 1 single metal design(not used before) planned. I prefer not to do reservations because it's very time consuming doing the invoicing and then packing/shipping. I do think I can work up a small system to avoid doing all that work for me but also give you an opportunity to buy what you want.

If the majority of you want some sort of reservation system, please post on this thread that you do or send me an email if you don't want to post here. I would wait for sample photos of the new coins and post them here and on the webstore; then I'd keep the reservations open for a short period of time, I'd order based on reservations much like I did the Earth Turtles. If there really isn't an interest in reservations than I'll go with my original plan of ordering a specific amount and buying will be first come, first served.

(slave to the coins :D ) tsun

If the majority of you want some sort of reservation system, please post on this thread that you do or send me an email if you don't want to post here. I would wait for sample photos of the new coins and post them here and on the webstore; then I'd keep the reservations open for a short period of time, I'd order based on reservations much like I did the Earth Turtles. If there really isn't an interest in reservations than I'll go with my original plan of ordering a specific amount and buying will be first come, first served.

(slave to the coins :rolleyes: ) tsun

I'd definitely be interested in a reservation system, assuming you can do it without getting a HUGE headache :D

As I'm sure others are, I'm seeking a Dragonfly Talisman coin. I prefer the Nutella but would like either of the copper finished coins. Push comes to shove I'll take what I can get on the finish too :D:D

My trade list is on www.geocoincollection.com

Oh, please contact me through gc.com since I usually miss PMs :rolleyes::)

Thanks!

All International orders shipped today.

All orders have been shipped.

Next week I will put in a remint order. Currently I have 2 two-toned metal designs and 1 single metal design(not used before) planned. I prefer not to do reservations because it's very time consuming doing the invoicing and then packing/shipping. I do think I can work up a small system to avoid doing all that work for me but also give you an opportunity to buy what you want.

(slave to the coins :D ) tsun

Too bad you can't use your new store for reservations (didn't Crake just do this?). You'd just have to hold everything before it gets to the payment part. That would certainly give you an idea of how many to remint and save yourself some time and effort. Then when the coins come in you just continue the order processing through Paypal.

But as I don't know how internet stores are designed I most likely don't know what I'm talking about so I'll just stop typing... :D:)

But I like reservations. Less stressful. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the postperson today!

[edit] typo

Edited by ThePetersTrio

I'm currently building my own storefront for my website and find that it is a complex process indeed! I'm not even planning to incorporate a paypal link either! The code will just save the orders to a database and keep track of how many are left. I'll generate the invoices myself from my paypal account according to the order in which the orders appear in the database. I guess this makes it a reservation system by default, except that I am still only making a finite number and won't announce the sale until the coins are at least shipped from the mint.

I'm developing the system in ColdFusion too, so I'm probably following the same trail as your developer.

Sorry to hijack the thread... back to your regularly scheduled program.

You are trying hard to keep everyone happy. A reservation system, if you opt for one, would be nice.

It is your business and you need to do what works right for you and your business practice (which is very customer oriented). I was amazed these sold out so fast.

I made it in, used an on line time zone clock to keep track of the correct time and can't wait to have my coins in hand. Keep up the good work and don't stop designing!

Thanks Tsun!