gps units

lazy8

Recreational geocacher in US and abroad (under 100 finds). My Magellan bit the dust. Won't take a charge but works while plugged into AC. Anyway, I figured after a couple years I needed a new one but can't figure out which to purchase. I hate my Garmin Nuvi used in my car since it seems to direct me everywhere except where I want to go. Any suggestions?

Garmin map60CSx...They just don't get any better....and they can take a beating and just keep on going...I have dropped mine in the rocks, on concrete, and in shallow water. It is a great GPSr and well worth the extra money...I when the cheaper way with a eTrex Legend Cx, which is a very good GPSr, but no match against the 60CSx...I use the Legend for back up and always keep it close by. Happy Trails

I am brand new here, and after reading these type posts I purchased the 60CSx. I love it and learning curve was a few minutes of running thru the menus/pages - I have never had a GPSr. Bought city nav NT 2008, and they have a free download to 2009 until oct 1 (only reason was the free ibycus map was missing a lot of roads, I know it is based on census data so there is nothing more the author could do -, but garmin is a lot more complete)

I went with the 60CSx because like most electronics, once you get it and use it, you will wish you had the next step up. I didnt go colorado or oregon because of the apparent bugs, I liked the specs of said units on paper, but this forum and others have tons of threads regarding the 60CSx as the model to get. get the 60CSx and dont look back. Plus it would have a higher resale should you decide to upgrade again!!!

I just bought a Legend HCx and love it. easy to use, compact. It has the color screen, memory expansion for added maps. I ordered it off amazon for $199ish...

I also have a Garmin etrex Legend HCx, and I also really love it, use it on foot, on my bicycle, and even on my motorcycle. I picked mine up here for $188 shipped:

http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?af...amp;item=0181AA

Shipped really fast, too. Anyways, this is my first handheld GPSr, and I'm very happy with it, works great, and if I upgrade it with the Garmin City Navigator software, I'll even be able to use it for autorouting navigation, which could come in handy on the motorcycle.