Undercover Cacher

GeoHowerz

Here is an intertesting question. Has anyone ever been an undercover Cacher? Have ou pretended to be a muggle to make it harder for another cacher to find your or another cache? I think it would be a good idea. Would make it harder for someone to search. I got this idea when I went to a place to search for cache and left because of some muggles. I returned a week later and I was surprised to see a familar muggle who was there week earlier. Does this happen? Is there a group out there who does ths?

Heck double heck TRIPLE heck NO - and I wish I had free speech to say it more emphatically!

So why not? Cuz there are way WAY too many "hunters" who don't give a rat's hiney who spots them - they will blatantly go straight at anything in sight where they think a cache is, rip the place apart in full view, pull the cache & sign it when they find it, slam it "maybe" back in place & tear off for yet another number.

Who gives a "dam" about a cache that's been found.....they got their bite of the candy - not their worry any more, what happens to it after they leave.

And I KNOW --- have SEEN 'em do it -- have been caching WITH some that are that way....and heard 'em express those "I don't care, I got mine" thoughts about it.

Some of these characters - all I can say is your "undercover dood" better stay the HE77 out of their way for his own good, unless he's "into" gettin' stampeded over!

~*

I did that today.. on a busy biking trail...had my wife watch one direction and my daughter watch the other while I removed and replace it. I actually found the hiding place but didn't go get it till the area was clear.

However sometimes its hard to be stealthy with 6 year old in tow..." Daddy daddy DID YOU FIND IT!" lol

There is a muggle who frequents the area near the final stage of one of our caches. The final is near a horse pen in an unexpected spot in town, and many people stop by on their walks to feed or pet the horse. There is one little old lady with a beagle who we have seen there three times. She's not an undercover muggle intruding on the cache area...WE have placed a cache in HER chosen recreational area. Frankly, I would rather be out finding or hiding new caches than haunting old ones in order to creep out other cachers.

:sad: (Which is not to say we haven't occasionally given searching cachers a bit of a fright, just for fun, you know!) :sad:

I did that today.. on a busy biking trail...had my wife watch one direction and my daughter watch the other while I removed and replace it. I actually found the hiding place but didn't go get it till the area was clear.

However sometimes its hard to be stealthy with 6 year old in tow..." Daddy daddy DID YOU FIND IT!" lol

Oh dear lord that's my six year-old too! "Where's the geocache, Mom?", "How much farther to the geocache?", "What will the geocache look like?", "Are they geocaching, too?"

... all at Volume 11.

- Elle