DNF's in an earthcache - Do they make sense?

danieloliveira

I've just had two DNF's in two of my earthcaches. One because they didn't understand what was required of them at teh particular spot and the other because the generic image I have used to illustrate a feature "is not similar" to what is seen at the site.

What is your opinion with respect to DNF's in an earthcache?

I've just had two DNF's in two of my earthcaches. One because they didn't understand what was required of them at teh particular spot and the other because the generic image I have used to illustrate a feature "is not similar" to what is seen at the site.

What is your opinion with respect to DNF's in an earthcache?

I guess I don't understand. In general unless you show up at a earth cache without the info (meaning, not knowing it was an earth cache when you arrived) I don't know how you miss it.

Unless in general they failed the concept of it.

I’ve had a couple at one of my sites:

The first was a pair rushing out to get a FTF w/out all of the information. Not much later one of the two went back, with all the information and photos, and found it w/o any problems and informed ma a tree had fallen next to the site, which made the measurement point a whole lot easier to spot. I field checked an incorporated this into the narative. The funny thing was, they both knew the area as a cool section of the creek not knowing it actually was a flume.

The second was a Newbie who I don’t think understood ECs. I posted a note an offered help as well as emailing the account explaining the how ECs differ from other caches and offered help. So far no response…

Edited by GEO WALKER

I have done so three times and it has been a matter of getting there to a closed park each time.

Once because I was too stupid to read the hours in the listing, once because I showed up on a holiday, and once because the co did not state in the description that it was a site with limited hours.

- Rev Mike