Mini/Micro Ziplock style bags for caches

PastorDIC

In some caches that are key hiders and tiny fake rocks I have seen Mini/Micro Ziplock style bags to protect the log. I have never seen them being sold anywhere. Where can I buy them and what are they called?

Thank you.

I just get mine from the local dollar store in the crafts section... no name brand.

In some caches that are key hiders and tiny fake rocks I have seen Mini/Micro Ziplock style bags to protect the log. I have never seen them being sold anywhere. Where can I buy them and what are they called?

Thank you.

Walmart. They are called plastic bags. You find them in the Crafts section. Others like Micheals or other crats stores might carry them. You might ask for a bead bag.

Jim

Thank you.

The trouble with those small ziplocs is they never last long, after a couple dozen or less open and closure cycles they will rip or tear.. Best to use waterproof paper.

Thank you.

The trouble with those small ziplocs is they never last long, after a couple dozen or less open and closure cycles they will rip or tear.. Best to use waterproof paper.

Or a better cache container.

Thank you.

try your local drug dealer :sad: jk dont really

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :laughing::D:sad::laughing::laughing:

You have probably seen our sig item, PastorDIC. The bags we put them in are easily found in head shops. I'm not sure why they would have them, but they do. :laughing:

Thank you.

try your local drug dealer :lol: jk dont really

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :rolleyes::ph34r:<_<:lol::anibad:

You have probably seen our sig item, PastorDIC. The bags we put them in are easily found in head shops. I'm not sure why they would have them, but they do. :unsure:

Thank you.

try your local drug dealer :o jk dont really

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :rolleyes::ph34r:<_<:lol::anibad:

You have probably seen our sig item, PastorDIC. The bags we put them in are easily found in head shops. I'm not sure why they would have them, but they do. :unsure:

and you would know that how??? :lol:

Edited by saucerchick

Thank you.

try your local drug dealer :o jk dont really

YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :unsure::):ph34r::rolleyes::lol:

You have probably seen our sig item, PastorDIC. The bags we put them in are easily found in head shops. I'm not sure why they would have them, but they do. :lol:

and you would know that how??? <_<

I buy incense in places like that. Why else would anyone go to a head shop? :anibad:

Use "duck tape" to reinforce the zip lock baggy, then use magic tape to add a grip to each side to open baggie....You can also add magnets for additional use...I just luv um....cheap and very useful. I have maybe 20-30 caches placed made this way, with 10-20 in reserve. They come in different sizes...I like the small baggie "with log only"....Happy Trails

i make them myself after seeing one weirdly shape zipbag in a cache by Tsjaske.

take one zipbag and cut off the bottom till its (a bit bigger then) the size you want

then

-if you have the machine-

melt the bottom shut with the machine

its one of those things that sucks the bag vacuum and then when you press more the wires touch and the plastic gets welded and cut off

best try this on other bag first

so you know how much "bigger then teh size you want" you need to start with

Edited by Guinness70

I've bought mine at a craft store, and so far I haven't had any problems with them ripping/breaking. I think that's partly because I get the ones that are more squarish. The one's I've seen break are longer ones with small openings.

I was at Safeway recently, waiting in line at the pharmacy and looked through the little twirly racks they have with misc. med stuff. They had packages of 50 squarish baggies for meds. They feel a bit stronger than the baggies I bought from the craft store. They also have a section to write stuff on, which could come in handy. We'll see how they handle themselves in the wild. :unsure:

Edited by Ambrosia