Holiday Lobster Geocoins

dorkfish

I am so very excited to announce the arrival of the Northern Atlantic Lobster Geocoins. These coins were made in partnership with the geocacher Shedew and turned out better than either of us ever imagined. We currently have 6 different versions available for purchase. Here is some information and pictures of the coins.

Stats:

- 2 inches x 1.236 inches x 3mm in thickness

- Die cut coin with 4 cut outs

- epoxy coated

- All coins are $9.25 each except for the Twin Boiled Lobster edition. That version comes in pairs of identical coins with matching tracking numbers for $17.50.

- trackable at geocaching.com with unique lobster icon

- 500 coins minted, about 400 available for purchase. We may do a remint of any version.

- A portion from the sale of each coin will be donated to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. You can read more about them by clicking here: http://www.whoi.edu/.

Here is a link to view and purchase the coins: http://www.dorkfishcoins.com/cart/index.ph...ex&cPath=36

The picture below is of the Red Boiled Edition.

red%20both.JPG

The picture below is of the very rare Albino Lobster. It is estimated that only 1 in 100 million lobsters are albinos in color. This particular one glows in the dark too!

blue%20glow%20both.JPG

Thank you :blink: It looks like the Albino Coins are close to being sold out. I thought I'd post a picture of the Yellow Lobster Geocoins also. While the yellow lobster isn't quite as rare as the albino it still is pretty unique in that only one in thirty million are yellow. We also made this edition glow in the dark.

orange%20glow%20both.JPG

Karma,

can you hold onto a red one for me and I'll pick it up at GR?? Lemme know. Can't wait to see you.

Jodi

Ahhhhh shoot, I just saw this post. The individual boiled lobsters are sold out but I still have the Twin boiled lobsters. If you'd like me to bring a set of those for you I'd be happy too :sad: Just let me know & I am so excited to see you again!!!!

The coolest thing about these geocoins isn't the neat translucent effect on the boiled lobster, or the amazing "dotted" screen printing that makes these look so authentic...Oh, no indeed. Those features don't even begin to scratch the surface of the true capability of these geocoins. Just like the clever "bottle-opener" geocoin, or the working navigational geocoins...this is yet another imaginative tool to help maximize your geocaching pleasure.

These most ingenius geocoins were actually designed to deliver an authentic "lobster pinch" upon the geocacher of your choice! Just sneak up behind your favorite unsuspecting victim, target a nice fleshy part of their body, quickly press the lobster coin inwards and twist unmercifully. You'll be instantly entertained by a blood-curdling scream or a whimsical barrage of swear words. Watch as they writhe in pain and twist themselves around to see the distinctive mark you'll leave!

You're certain to have hours of fun and delight with the new Northern Altantic Lobster Geocoins...only from Dorkfish.

They'll be screaming for seafood!

after reading this quote from the website

"Rare Albino Northern Atlantic Lobster Geocoin"

"- We apologize but this version is currently sold out. We may mint more in the future, that is yet to be determined at this time. "

I had a suggestion I'm sure you or others have thought about...

...how about if they do get reminted, doing them in a different metal? that would differenteate(SP) the originals from the re-mints.... just a thought :rolleyes:

Please do not torture cachers with these coins as our Citrus friend suggests, lol :rolleyes:

LionsLair, that is a good suggestion in regards to the remint. We are still unsure if or when we will remint but I like the idea of not doing a remint in black nickel due to all the plating issues I've had in the past with that particular metal. We'll definately keep everyone updated.

Thanks again for all the great compliments <_< We still have a few live lobsters and Twin lobsters left. Thx!!!

The coolest thing about these geocoins isn't the neat translucent effect on the boiled lobster, or the amazing "dotted" screen printing that makes these look so authentic...Oh, no indeed. Those features don't even begin to scratch the surface of the true capability of these geocoins. Just like the clever "bottle-opener" geocoin, or the working navigational geocoins...this is yet another imaginative tool to help maximize your geocaching pleasure.

These most ingenius geocoins were actually designed to deliver an authentic "lobster pinch" upon the geocacher of your choice! Just sneak up behind your favorite unsuspecting victim, target a nice fleshy part of their body, quickly press the lobster coin inwards and twist unmercifully. You'll be instantly entertained by a blood-curdling scream or a whimsical barrage of swear words. Watch as they writhe in pain and twist themselves around to see the distinctive mark you'll leave!

You're certain to have hours of fun and delight with the new Northern Altantic Lobster Geocoins...only from Dorkfish.

roflmfao

THAT is the sort of thing i would have done to my husband. love your sense of humour, its warped just like mine ;)

OH, I can't wait to try this theory out!

Hi Everyone :)

I just wanted to let those who missed out on the sale or who are interested in ordering more Lobster geocoins know that we have decided to do a presale for some additional coins from now until midnite on September 11th (Denver time). We made the decision to do a remint but I was unsure as to how many coins I should order. I've received a number of emails from people who were unable to purchase coins and I would feel horrible if they missed out due to me not ordering enough the second time around. Because of that I will be taking presale requests for the next two days.

I plan on ordering a small amount of additional coins for those who may have missed out on the presale or who are reluctant to take part in a presale. I have done a presale in the past and everything went smoothly. I expect these coins to arrive within 2-3 weeks of September 12th. I will keep everyone updated through my website and also in the forums as to the progress of the coins.

Here is a link to the presale page: http://www.dorkfishcoins.com/cart/index.ph...ex&cPath=36.

Thank you to those who has written to say such nice things about these coins. We both loves these little coins and couldn't be more thrilled with the response they've received :)

This is just a quick update to let those who pre-purchased these coins know that I expect them to arrive on October 15th or 16th. These are taking about a week longer to finish than anticipated due to the complexity of the design, there are alot of tiny areas that need to be filled in with paint. As soon as the coins arrive they will promptly be inspected and mailed out the same day I receive. I did order a small amount of extra coins for anyone who might have missed out. Those will be placed on the website as soon as they arrive.

Thanks!

This is just a quick update to let those who pre-purchased these coins know that I expect them to arrive on October 15th or 16th. These are taking about a week longer to finish than anticipated due to the complexity of the design, there are alot of tiny areas that need to be filled in with paint. As soon as the coins arrive they will promptly be inspected and mailed out the same day I receive. I did order a small amount of extra coins for anyone who might have missed out. Those will be placed on the website as soon as they arrive.

Thanks!

I will want some for sure. They look even better in hand.

GREAT Job on these

I'm looking for the pins...any word on those?

Those are finished but will be shipped out with the lobster coins. I'll be placing those on the website as soon as they arrive. Thanks for the interest :huh:

That is great to see there will be a pin with these great coins.

What colors will the pin come in?

There will be some red boiled lobster pins in black nickel, some live lobster pins in copper, some glowing albino lobster pins in black nickel, some glowing yellow lobster pins in black nickel & some blue lobster pins in nickel :P

Well, it took a little bit of determination but, I grabbed some holiday lobsters :D

Cannot wait to see them!

Same here. For the first 12 minutes, It said they were "Sold Out". SCORE :laughing: !

Yes, I was beginning to wonder if they could have all been sold off the site ahead of time or something. The clock was ticking past 2PM and they kept saying sold out!!! Then HAZA!!! :rolleyes: