Good 60 csx mount for me?

Decidion

I am looking for a secure 60 csx mount, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I have had problems with Garmin windshield suction cup mounts in the past...the darn thing would never stay attached to the glass. I do a lot of off-road driving, so I need something secure. For example I don't think a bean bag type would work at all...it would just slide around.

I currently have a vent mount, but its a pain to attach/remove, and when I have the AC on, not only does it block the airflow, but also causes condensation on the back of the gps unit.

I also want to avoid any sort of permanently mounted dash mount or anything else that screams "break in and steal a GPS unit".

I realize that eliminates the vast majority of mounts, but does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks, I just went and checked those out. One question...does the windshield suction cup hold better than the Garmin suction cup mount?

I've got both the Garmin and Ram mounts for my 60CSx. There is no comaprison, the RAM is far superior in every way. As far as the suction cup goes, it's about 3 to 4 times larger and significantly stronger. You definitely wont have a problem with it sticking to the windshield and it eliminates about 99% of the vibration. When I first got my Ram mount, I stuck it onto the kitchen table and was able to lift the table off the ground! Try that with the Garmin mount.

Wow thanks for the great pictures Prospero :sad:

Do you have any vibration issues with your setup?

On normal asphalted roads, none, on gravel or dirt roads it might vibrate just slightly, but because of the weight of the arm it doesn't intensify itself as if it hit a resonance frequency. The slight vibration is not enough to make it a problem seeing the display.

ProsperoDK/René

You could try one of my www.nohandsgps.com holder. If you don't mind adding velcro to your dash the holder could serve a dual purpose. I have not tried this yet. If you want to test it out for me I will send you one free. If you like it, keep it, if you don't like it I just ask that you send it back. Email me if interested.