Golden Gargoyle Game

Shop99er

The GeoBoo will be featuring the Golden Gargoyle game this year. It's based on the "Golden Ticket" idea only we're using gargoyles... and they're not golden they're gray little cement guys... but they're still going to get you a great prize if you find one and bring it to the GeoBoo.

Here's how this works! Over the next 6 weeks we, the Shop99er Event BooCrew, will be hiding little cement gargoyles around the Puget Sound. We will be hiding them as far south as Olympia and as far north as Issaquah. The gargoyles are NOT hidden in caches and where they may not be hidden following the rules of normal cache placement. So think inside and outside the box when you search for them.

At regular intervals we will post the coordinates to a gargoyle location. Go hunt the gargoyle like a regular cache. When you find him TAKE HIM HOME WITH YOU!!! Then, bring him with you to the GeoBoo, show him to one of the hosts and claim your special prize!

Easy as that!

Of course there are a few guidelines for hunting these gargoyles. They are:

1) Only one Golden Gargoyle per caching family. Doesn't matter if you all have different caching names. If you live under one roof or cache in the same group you are a 'caching family'.

2) No counterfit gargolyes will be accepted. We can identify each gargoyle we have hidden by special markings.

3) When you find a gargoyle you need to post on the thread that you have found it so that others will know that it's been claimed.

4) You MUST be present at the GeoBoo to claim your prize.

If I stumble on to one of them, can I give it to someone who will be attending?? Dick

You shouldn't just 'stumble onto it' since they won't be near a cache.

We would rather that people who are going to attend the Boo go out and hunt for a gargoyle. Half of the fun is finding it for yourself.

Golden Gargoyles! # 1 and #11 have been placed. I will send a hint if no one can find them in a couple of days! Remember, these need to be found and taken to GeoBoo to receive your special prize. Do not deface or change these in anyway. Email for questions, but hints will be posted in the cowws.net forums cowws.net

GOOD LUCK!!!!

#1: N47 41.871 W122 31.316

#11: N46 53.891 W122 40.610

Golden Gargoyles! # 1 and #11 have been placed. I will send a hint if no one can find them in a couple of days! Remember, these need to be found and taken to GeoBoo to receive your special prize. Do not deface or change these in anyway. Email for questions, but hints will be posted in the cowws.net forums cowws.net

GOOD LUCK!!!!

#1: N47 41.871 W122 31.316

#11: N46 53.891 W122 40.610

Well those our out of my range as I sit chained to this desk in Kent. Good luck to those that are enslaved to the desk by 'the man'.

Why do you wet siders get all the fun?

If we put a Golden Gargoyle on the dry side... would you come over for the GeoBoo?

We're looking at expanding our Golden (insert the item) GeoBoo game for next year.

... that is IF people find this one worth doing. We figured people would jump on finding one of these guys for the prize but there's two of them... just sitting there.. waiting....

I just wanted to comment that this is a great idea and a lot of fun! I have been checking often for the coordinates! When we looked up the first ones we had to weigh the fact that we are always second or third to find anything with the cost of a tank of gas :laughing:

Thanks for all the work you guys put in to keep the fun going!

Alicia :laughing:

Congrats!! to Johnnycache on finding the first!

I love the competitiveness of these gargoyles, but I am a bit concerned. I doubt that a cacher would send a friend (a non-cacher friend) to sign a fresh log so the cacher could claim a FTF, so why do it for gargoyles. I am new to this community, but so far I have loved what I have seen, so I don't want to cause any trouble. I just want to say, PLEASE BE HONEST! If you want a gargoyle, GO GET YOURSELF! Easy enough. Those of us that have a gargoyle, got it ourselves. We ask that you do the same. Let's all just have fun out there, and see you at GeoBoo!

Ok all, got some bad news about #8. Was found before we were able to publish the coords. We are pretty sure we know who has it, but am waiting on confirmation from them. We did go out tonight to make sure it was gone, and yes....it is.

But, please all....continue posting pictures!!!! Love them all!!!

Keep an eye out though, more to be placed soon!