Congrats to Garmin! Colorado 400T wins field and stream 2008 gadget award!

Direct link:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/article/Gear...Gadgets-of-2008

Found the above link on blogs.garmin.com

Congrats/Kudos to Garmin!!

-etm

ROTFLMAO... That is so funny. They even list its price $40 over Garmin's retail price and even funnier mention the useless temperature readout. These magazine reviews are totally useless. There is nothing like a forum where all the layers of BS can be carefully peeled off of something if need be...and the Colorado certainly needs it. Field and "Dream"--no thanks.

Edited by Ratsneve

Lov'n my 2nd Colorado 400T that I received yesterday. No USB connectivity issue w/ my last one. Caches loaded up and back no problem into GSAK. 3 finds were dead on today. I'm a happy satisfied Garmin camper.

Awaiting further updates/upgrades that come out in the software releases! Thanks Garmin.

And the dichotomy remains. Love-it or hate-it camps continue to expand. As for the Field and Stream target audience, Hunters, I'm not so sure about whether they'll love it since they mentioned two things in the review that would be important to Hunters that don't really work; the Barometer and Temperature Guage functions. From my experiences selling GPS's to sportsmen, they, as a group, don't geocache all that much. I know I know, they're out there but...

Wouldn't surprise me. But it's nice to see that magazine reviews are as useless as ever. Almost no mags in any venue will post anything negative for fear of loosing ad dollars. Which is why if you read the reviews all the products are amazing. Also having known magazine authors that write reviews, many times they don't even significantly use the product when they write the article....and why would they, they have to write a glowing review anyway.

Garmin probably hand picked them one they stress tested to heck to make sure it was good. This happens all the time with rifles, bikes, etc. the factory sample they are sent is hand picked and made sure to be the best possible example. If magazines went to the store to buy their products you'd see a lot different results.

As a hunter, I can say that the colorado would not be even close to my choice for the best gps. It lacks a lot of field features of older units, poor battery life, poor screen visibility, the only place it improved significantly was in the auto routing profile and geocache features, not sure how that benefits the hunter.