Just bought Garmin eTrex H

donnaa5dcp

Hi. I would like a quick answer to this question as I don't know whether to return the eTrex I have just bought. I wish to get into Geocaching, is the Garmin eTRex H enough? I cannot find a way to let me know my current position in Lat Long, is this possible?

And also if someone could tell me HOW you go about using this model for Geocaching. Many many thanks

Edited by donnaa5dcp

if you want a good basic gps then you have an excellent one. this is the one i currently have and it works just fine. A couple of things to do is to get the cable so you can hook it up th your computer and transfer data (its gets annoying having to enter it by hand), make sure you keep the software/firmware up to date on it.

Ok, here is my question:

I can put up my current location, but I cannot also put up the long/lat of the waypoint/find I am looking for. I can put up its name - but that is useless!

Any ideas?

Just go to the waypoint page and select the waypoint, all the info for it will be there.

Ok, here is my question:

I can put up my current location, but I cannot also put up the long/lat of the waypoint/find I am looking for. I can put up its name - but that is useless!

Any ideas?

To navigate to a point - first "mark" your current position - then "edit" the lat and log to where you want to go. Save that.

Select the waypoint you saved above and the select goto. Use the compass screen to see the direction and the countdown of how far you need to go to get to the waypoint.

No need to see both current and derstination coordinates.

Hi. I would like a quick answer to this question as I don't know whether to return the eTrex I have just bought. I wish to get into Geocaching, is the Garmin eTRex H enough? I cannot find a way to let me know my current position in Lat Long, is this possible?

And also if someone could tell me HOW you go about using this model for Geocaching. Many many thanks

I just bought Hp Ipaq 144 bundle GPS and Tom Tom. Can you help me with how I can connect to the internet

Ok, here is my question:

Any ideas?

To navigate to a point - first "mark" your current position - then "edit" the lat and log to where you want to go. Save that.

Select the waypoint you saved above and the select goto. Use the compass screen to see the direction and the countdown of how far you need to go to get to the waypoint.

I am a novie to these technology. I bought an Hp Ipaq 114 bundle purposely for GPS and to access the internet. Can you direct me to which forum

Sorry I have interferred in your space -not related matter . I am lost where to find forums related to Hp Ipaq 114. Help please

Ok, here is my question:

Any ideas?

Unfortunately I do have a need as when I turn, the 'compass' doesn't and so it is forever pointing in the wrong direction. The compass is unfortunately, useless. :) The countdown is good, however!

I want to be able to see the difference between where I am and where I need to be in long/lat coords...

Thank you for your reply.

Ok, here is my question:

Any ideas?

Unfortunately I do have a need as when I turn, the 'compass' doesn't and so it is forever pointing in the wrong direction. The compass is unfortunately, useless. :) The countdown is good, however!

I want to be able to see the difference between where I am and where I need to be in long/lat coords...

are you talking about the compass of the arrow that shows you shat direction the cache is in.

Ok, here is my question:

Any ideas?

are you talking about the compass of the arrow that shows you shat direction the cache is in.

Yes, the compass, with the arrow.

Ok, here is my question:

Any ideas?

Yes, the compass, with the arrow.

You need to be moving for the arrow to point the correct way.

Sorry I have interferred in your space -not related matter . I am lost where to find forums related to Hp Ipaq 114. Help please

You can start a new post on the subject over in the GPS and Technology forum

Ok, here is my question:

Any ideas?

The compass will always point at your destination when it knows which way you are traveling. The eTrex Ht doesn't have a magnetic compass so you need to be moving at a brisk pace for it to work. If you stop or move slowly it won't know what way you are going and will point in the wrong direction. If it's not pointing the right way, walk a little faster and it will straighten out in a few seconds.

Edited by briansnat