Celebrity Geocachers

GeoHowerz

The Geo Man is the closest thing to a celebrity I've seen...

<...link removed by moderator...>

Trust the word of a blatant self promoter on this: It takes more than that to be counted as a celebrity.

This guy is a REAL geocaching celebrity. ;)

wil-wheaton_03a.jpg

Edited by Quiggle

<...link removed by moderator...>

Gosh and good golly, little sock puppet, you sure are quick on the draw to promote your homeboy Geoman today! Does the sock smell bad?

How many dirty socks can one person wear before they get a boot?

Edited by Quiggle

Gosh and good golly, little sock puppet, you sure are quick on the draw to promote your homeboy Geoman today! Does the sock smell bad?

How many dirty socks can one person wear before they get a boot?

'Zackly! This latest batch of spamming socks has gotten very tiring and irritating, and I hope that they all get the boot! In fact, I am more convinced than ever, due to their recent rash of troll-like sock puppet shenanigans and spamming behaviors, that "LoserMan" and his obsequious fawning homeboys are bumbling, blundering, burbling, babbling buffoons. May their putative "show" die a quick and merciful death and may they then move on to annoy the participants of a different sport!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

I'm glad i'm not the only geocacher tired of the "Loser-man" promotions.

This cacher is "Hollywood" but she is a bit of a bonehead for posting pictures of herself trespassing.

What's up Kit? You didn't link to the last 10 "celebrity geocacher" threads from the last two years! :)

That's an interesting pic and log there. At least she was 21 for 21 for the day. :unsure:

Without links, lets see if I can remember:

1, Her

2. Will Wheaton (lead character from "Stand by Me", hasn't logged in in ages.

3. The Drummer from the band Poison, hasn't logged in since 2005 or so.

4. The creators of the childrens show "veggie tales" haven't logged in in years.

5. Mia Farrow brought up geocaching out of the blue in an interview a few years ago, but no one has any idea what her username is, or if she even logs online.

Did I miss any? :)

Wink Martindale and some character actor (I forgot the name.) from the 60's & 70's. Plus, one of the Letterman show stage hands has been captured on set with a geocaching t-shirt.

(In one of those threads there was speculation that I was really Wink Martindale. I'm still chuckling about that one... :unsure: )

Did I miss any? :unsure:
Ya know all the jokes about Chuck Norris going geocaching? Well...

When I was in Texas I stopped at a Pro Bass shop to buy some fishing gear with my freind and when I came out this guy was looking at my geocaching sticker on my Jeep. He asked if I was the owner of the jeep and low and behold, it was Chuck Norris! I was like wow, this guy is the coolest idol around. He told me he geocached every now and then, and told me about a micro hidden in the nearby walmart parking lot.

He even round house kicked a soda can out of my freinds hand!

The geocaching community is awesome.

:)

Wink Martindale and some character actor (I forgot the name.) from the 60's & 70's. Plus, one of the Letterman show stage hands has been captured on set with a geocaching t-shirt.

(In one of those threads there was speculation that I was really Wink Martindale. I'm still chuckling about that one... :unsure: )

Yes, I've seen you reference that before! But forum search is never going to work for me tonight, I'll have to try some other time. I do know Wink (who is 74 years old right now) didn't come up in any of the more recent threads, nor do I think anyone has linked to a profile.

I can't believe I forgot about Chuck Norris! That was one of the more recent threads. I'm sure CavScout is a man of his word, but there's no hardcopy evidence on the internet, like Mia Farrow, for example.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Did I miss any? :unsure:

(In one of those threads there was speculation that I was really Wink Martindale. I'm still chuckling about that one... :) )

I still can't find this speculation! But I do believe Snat is the source of the Wink Martindale rumor. :)

I heard that paris hilton geocaches.

Paris is actually an awesome cacher. Of course, the papparazi have to make the actual finds so that she does not have to risk getting her clothes dirty or breaking a nail. I heard she partners with her BFF.

Dylan, of course, sang "how man roads must a man walk down, before he finds him a cache." But in the early days of the sport it was really hard for him because people would take the caching logs for autographs. Cache owners finally made him quit so they did not have to do maintenance behind him.

Bud Flout, the famous cryptid hunter and author of If you find Bigfoot in the woods, invite him for dinner enjoys caching with Minnesota Smith, the eually famed archaeologist, explorer, and book keeper.

But did anybody ever find out if Russell from Survivor caches -- he was great at finding the immunity idols -- and would probably qualify as a celebrity these days.

Edited by Erickson

I'm so bad at spotting celebs, since I don't watch TV (gets in the way of quality Geocaching time), don't see many movies and don't read any of the gossip mags or tabs.

For all I know I have met a few celebs (I did recognise Paul Newman, though he was just walking through the local yacht harbor) and not known it. A friend had to point out David Arquett to me, as I had no idea who he was or what he was famous for.

A number of 'celebs' and 'celeb wannabes' pass through Santa Cruz. I just treat them like anyone else on the street.

Way to ressurect an old thread.

And while we're on the topic of ressurection, the most famous geocacher I can think of is Jesus - Matt 13:44 says...

“The Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure that a man discovered hidden in a field. In his excitement, he hid it again..."

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+13%3A44&version=NLT

Also, famous jeopardy legend Ken Jennings is a geocacher and also writing a book which discusses geocaching. ken-jennings.com/blog/?p=1465

He was actually here on the forums awhile back asking for stories or something. 

Edited by hoyshnin

Kaki King (Guitarist) made mention of geocaching on her MySpace page.

I wonder if any others are into caching... really.

Wow I'm actually listening to one of her albums right now. That's some coincidence.

Never heard of her, despite being an Indie guy myself. There are a few million indie artists out there though. :blink: Looks like she's popular enough to make a living off of music, and tour the U.S. and Europe. Must make for some great caching opportunities. I see no Geocaching mentions on the Myspace page though, or in the Myspace blog, and that's using my browser search function for the word.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

I'm terrible with recognizing Hollywood types though I do know a few myself, but this one has me clueless... Can anyone put a name to the face for me?

This isn't the first "celebrity cacher" thread, it's just the only one that's bumped right now. That actress has been mentioned in several of the theads, and there's a link in her profile to her website that gives her real name, all sorts of pictures, her acting resume, etc..

She was pretty active for a while, and even an FTF hound who lists FTF's in her profile, but it looks like she hasn't found a cache this year.

I'm terrible with recognizing Hollywood types though I do know a few myself, but this one has me clueless... Can anyone put a name to the face for me?

This isn't the first "celebrity cacher" thread, it's just the only one that's bumped right now. That actress has been mentioned in several of the theads, and there's a link in her profile to her website that gives her real name, all sorts of pictures, her acting resume, etc..

She was pretty active for a while, and even an FTF hound who lists FTF's in her profile, but it looks like she hasn't found a cache this year.

Thanks for mentioning the link on her profile page... I missed it the first time around (hint: scroll way down). Her name is Mary Votava. Here is her IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1847547/ I'd cache with her. :blink:

Thanks for mentioning the link on her profile page... I missed it the first time around (hint: scroll way down). Her name is Mary Votava. Here is her IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1847547/ I'd cache with her. :blink:

Because she's so schmart, right? (she lists being in Mensa)

Thanks for mentioning the link on her profile page... I missed it the first time around (hint: scroll way down). Her name is Mary Votava. Here is her IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1847547/ ...

I was just about to post that link when I saw your post

Cannot say I have heard of anything she has been cast in. Maybe I'm not that smart? ;

I thin "Passions" is a daytime soap. Other than that, I haven't seen anything either.

...I'd cache with her. :blink:

Me too.

Most of the stuff she seems to be in is B-Movie material. Also her TV credit lists So you want to be a Superhero. That was a total B-List show. So she wouldnt be considered a celebrity in my book, but I would consider her a B-List actor.

Most of the stuff she seems to be in is B-Movie material. Also her TV credit lists So you want to be a Superhero. That was a total B-List show. So she wouldnt be considered a celebrity in my book, but I would consider her a B-List actor.
I'd still cache with her.
Do you think the Splinterhead actors have become geocachers after making the movie?
Heck...I'm just hoping the became actors after making that movie!

Well, the Antagonist is the brother from Rescue Me. Seemed like a step down to do a supporting roal in splinterheads. I enjoyed the movie, but only because of the geocaching. Other than that, it was prety bad.

Edited by Andronicus

Yes people, learn proper thread starting etiquite!

1. Before starting a post you shall search the archives to see if there exists a thread containing your desired topic.

PENALTY:20 lashes(posts) Being told to use the search n00b

2. If thread containing your topic exists check last post date. If thread is no longer on the first page then desired topic has been discussed to the extent that <insert hobby here> forum desires to discuss it and it shall not be brought up again.

PENALTY: 10 lashes(posts) sarcasticly congratulating you on following the first rule of thread starting etiquite.

Did I miss any? :blink:
Ya know all the jokes about Chuck Norris going geocaching? Well...

When I was in Texas I stopped at a Pro Bass shop to buy some fishing gear with my freind and when I came out this guy was looking at my geocaching sticker on my Jeep. He asked if I was the owner of the jeep and low and behold, it was Chuck Norris! I was like wow, this guy is the coolest idol around. He told me he geocached every now and then, and told me about a micro hidden in the nearby walmart parking lot.

He even round house kicked a soda can out of my freinds hand!

The geocaching community is awesome.

:mad:

That's it, I'm getting a geocaching sticker! :D Who/what is geoman?

Yes people, learn proper thread starting etiquite!

1. Before starting a post you shall search the archives to see if there exists a thread containing your desired topic.

PENALTY:20 lashes(posts) Being told to use the search n00b

2. If thread containing your topic exists check last post date. If thread is no longer on the first page then desired topic has been discussed to the extent that <insert hobby here> forum desires to discuss it and it shall not be brought up again.

PENALTY: 10 lashes(posts) sarcasticly congratulating you on following the first rule of thread starting etiquite.

But if new insight is brought to bring the topic back to a working discussion then according to you it should not be brought back to life. That does not allow for the free flow of ideas, and that is bad. I will agree do not start a new thread of an old topic. You should just resurrect the old one if your point has not been made before.

But if new insight is brought to bring the topic back to a working discussion then according to you it should not be brought back to life. That does not allow for the free flow of ideas, and that is bad. I will agree do not start a new thread of an old topic. You should just resurrect the old one if your point has not been made before.

Forum rule #43 - If you fall under one of the following categories

A.)not a founding member of a forum community

B.) not directly invited to the forum by a founding member

C.) have not yet passed ritualistic forum hazing and won over the hearts of the masses

Then you shall not express your own ideas and opinions, rather, you shall do your best to keep up with current topics and win the favor of your forum elders.

I mean I'm just going straight from the handbook here...

Edited by Howell13