Caches in London archived by TPTB

Michael, can I ask if the "reputable source" is MoJ, Home Office of Police?

Alastair, it's a while since you asked this direct question of Michael, and I can't see a reply from him in this thread. I'm just wondering if he's replied to you directly, and if you have anything from him that you can share here?

No reply I am afraid, but Michael does not know me and would have no reason to trust me more than anyone else I guess. As many will know this is the kind of this that really annoys me and I will be following it up to find out what has happened. That being said I doubt it will get the caches relisted.

I can understand your annoyance - someone not responding to a direct question, in a forum such as this, is just plain rude in my view.

"No reason to trust you more than anyone else" == "you have as much right to receive a reply as any other member of the GC.com community"

Alastair, it's a while since you asked this direct question of Michael, and I can't see a reply from him in this thread. I'm just wondering if he's replied to you directly, and if you have anything from him that you can share here?

No reply I am afraid, but Michael does not know me and would have no reason to trust me more than anyone else I guess. As many will know this is the kind of this that really annoys me and I will be following it up to find out what has happened. That being said I doubt it will get the caches relisted.

just to keep people up to date, I am in touch with both jonnytuna and briefly with MissJenn, who is kindly dealing with this on behalf of GS. I understand that she is also in touch with the Met Police (so I think we can assume it was the police that raised the initial issues) and things are ticking along and haven't been forgotten. I think we can also assume that responding to queries from GS isn't a high priority for the Met!

So, fingers crossed, but hopefully this explains why things are taking a little longer than hoped!

just to keep people up to date, I am in touch with both jonnytuna and briefly with MissJenn, who is kindly dealing with this on behalf of GS. I understand that she is also in touch with the Met Police (so I think we can assume it was the police that raised the initial issues) and things are ticking along and haven't been forgotten. I think we can also assume that responding to queries from GS isn't a high priority for the Met!

So, fingers crossed, but hopefully this explains why things are taking a little longer than hoped!

So it was a bomb, then. :rolleyes::ph34r:

The question was just brought to my attention. I do not read every thread in this forum. As I have stated before the best way to ask me a question is to email me through my profile. I check emails everyday. I do not check this forum every day.

In response to the question at hand. I gave all the detail I was able to give in my first post. I have no additional information that I can give out in response to the question.

Good to know. If you can keep us informed then that would be great.

The question was just brought to my attention. I do not read every thread in this forum.

I did presume that you did not answer because you could not and did not wan to hi light the fact publicly. I will contact you directly in the future.

In response to the question at hand. I gave all the detail I was able to give in my first post. I have no additional information that I can give out in response to the question.

...and for the record if this is because work is being done to work around the problem and you do not want people sticking there ore in then I can respect that. If it is because you are just bowing down because someone sent a letter and want the problem to just go away then that is a different matter. I am now worried I am now turning in to a one man human rights pressure group.

Hello from Canada!

Check out this thread, we know exactly what you are dealing with!

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=200000

Those of us in Vancouver are very aware that with the Olympics in 2010 some of our caches may come under scrutiny, we are trying to work with the officials to make sure that geocaching stays alive, even in the city!

Sorry to hear that Last Delivery was archived, it was one of my favourites to do when I was in London in 2006. We enjoyed lunch in the park while waiting to replace the cache :rolleyes:

To add to the rant earlier, I would love to see Virtuals replaced, if they take you to a place that is noteworthy or of historical significance. Similar to Earthcaches.

Cheers and Happy Caching!

Shannon