Garmin 60csx, geocaches disappeared

mpemh

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60csx. I had about 100 geocaches in my area loaded into the unit. I turned it on today and all of them were gone. The batteries are good and I haven't taken them out since I last used the unit. Anybody know why this happened? Also, are the geocaches loaded into internal memory, or onto the micro sd card? If they are sent to internal memory, is there a way to load them to the card? I went into card info and it said 0% of the memory was being used. I don't have any maps loaded into it yet. Sorry if too many questions. Thanks for the help.

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60csx. I had about 100 geocaches in my area loaded into the unit. I turned it on today and all of them were gone. The batteries are good and I haven't taken them out since I last used the unit. Anybody know why this happened? Also, are the geocaches loaded into internal memory, or onto the micro sd card? If they are sent to internal memory, is there a way to load them to the card? I went into card info and it said 0% of the memory was being used. I don't have any maps loaded into it yet. Sorry if too many questions. Thanks for the help.

Have you checked for them by name? They may be out of range unless they are close. You may also have to let the almanac rebuild itself.

Caches go into internal memory. Generally the maps go on the SD card. I also use some of the extra space on the card for backups etc.

Edited by RonFisk

I'm not sure, how close do you have to be for them to show up? I also just noticed that my finds are gone from the calendar. Any other ideas?

I have had this happen two or three times. I don't know that I did anything the first time or two. The last time I may have reset (cleared) all of the waypoints inadvertently when I reset the trip computer page (I am still not sure I did this). Everything goes away, including calendar entries, when you do this. I have intentionally performed this reset to verify that this happens.

Make sure that you don't have the waypoints box checked on the reset page when you clear the trip computer. Geocaches will all show up on their page if you push "find" button and then select Geocache icon. Closest to position could be many, many miles, but will show up regardless of actual distance.

I hope this helps you. Good luck!

Using the Geocaching Icon, you will only see the caches that have the BoxTop down(Closed - not found).

If for some reason they got loaded with the wrong Icon, BoxTop up (Open - Found) then you won't see them using the Geocaching Icon.

To see all (Found, Not Found, POI's), use the Waypoints Icon and see if you can spot them.

If not...then they arn't there.