Not Receiving Pocket Queries

Konnarock Kid & Marge

For the past two days I have been having problems receiving Pocket Queries. I requested two PQ's a couple of hours ago and nothing. I usually receive the PQ within a few minutes. I even tried to use an alternate email address and nothing. In other words, neither my Yahoo address or our home Embarq address have received anything.

Help. Have any of you good folks got any ideas or have had this experience? Thanks.

I have received both regularly scheduled and on demand PQs in the last two days via gmail. Does the query show as run? Are you receiving other email? Did you check your spam folder? Have you contacted your ISP?

My suspicion is that if this was a problem with the pocket query email server there would be lots more messages.

Team Taran

Speaking of poor performance, I typed all this once and then the site hiccuped on me. Oh well, here we go again...

Remember that not all pocket queries are created equal. Newly created queries and queries which have not been run for a long time will execute sooner than a query which has been run more recently.

I have two queries scheduled to run today, neither of which has executed yet. They were last run six days ago. In the "old" days, I likely would have seen those queries already, but with the current situation I don't know how long it will take before they execute.

It has been noted in these forums several times that the performance of PQs has dropped a lot lately. One user suggested copying your existing query into a brand new query so it will get first crack at being run, but I keep hoping we'll see a real fix implemented so we can get the speed we used to have.

I am having the problem with scheduled PQ's not running in a timely manner. It was so bad that earlier this week I rebuilt all my PQ's. Once the PQ's had run they then started not running in a timely manner. I have entered a problem ticket with GC. Hopefully something will be done about the problem.

As a benchmark of sorts, my six-day old queries have now run just shortly after 15:00 PDT.

(I actually didn't need them today, but the system has gotten so slow I found the only way to guarantee my queries would be ready for Saturday morning was to schedule them to run on Friday. No more of me counting on them running in the wee hours of Saturday morning.)

Question: Do the new queries run on a different server farm than the older queries? Or, is this workaround of creating new queries all the time actually making the problems worse for those with older queries?

Less than 1 minute to get the new PQ. Beside not getting saved PQs run, I've noticed the site has been very slow for a while and sometimes the pages time-out, I hit refresh and will finally get it up. Seem the entire site needs some major upgrading.