send to gps

philly123

I am trying to figure out the easiest way to send a cache to my gps as the name that makes sense to me (eg, Soaring Span) as opposed to the code of letters and numbers (eg, GCPX0M). When I click the Send to GPS button, it sends the latter. The only way I have been able to do this is by using the LOC Waypoint File button, opening up the cache in another program (like EasyGPS) and renaming it, which is a little cumbersome.

GSAK seems to end up being the solution to many problems :cry: It can upload caches to your GPSr using a variety of "codes" for name, GC code, and other things. You could load a bunch of LOC files in then upload to your GPS. (If you were a premium member, you'd be able to download a bunch of caches with pocket queries)

edit:fix link

Edited by Corey

I'm a huge fan of GSAK, as mentioned by the previous poster (and so many cachers). If you become a premium member and can then get the gpx files, you might also like easygps. I use GSAK to do lots of cool stuff, then when I'm ready to go out, I export my to-do list to a gpx, open it in easygps, and use it to put them in my gpsr. I also do it with gsak, or just from the web interface, depending on the cache, but I have easyGP set to put the decoded hint in the details of the waypoint in the GPS, so I have it handy, but it doesnt handle long hints very well. Seems there is no one tool for everything, yet...