Trade lists also for sale lists?

CacheMiner72

Ok so since I just started this coin collecting hobby/turning into an obsession, I don't have a lot in the trade department. I am wondering if peoples trade list kind of double as for sale lists. I have had a few great members on here help me get started by selling me a few of there traders but without inventory to trade I am at a disadvantage when it comes to getting more. Any guidance would be appreciated.

A great way to get traders is to mint your own personal coin. It'll be unique and no one else will have it. I'd say folks will be banging at your door offering you their traders in exchange for your own personal coin. Once you've exhausted the traders hit the buyers by selling them to cover your minting costs.

A response from another newbie:

To echo Mustang Joni, I prefer trades. My trading/seeking list is attached to an activated geocoin of mine (thank you, Vanelle, for the code!), and anything listed as "for trade" would be gladly traded for something on my seeking list (or for something else!). Although I am new at this, I really enjoy making trades - probably because they are so novel to me!

An aside - I can see why one might prefer sales over trades. One visit to the other side of the "bay" and it is no wonder trades seem (are?) rare - it is dazzling in a sad way, particularly for those of us with mostly new stuff. Perhaps some of the more experienced collectors and designers could weight in the pros and cons of trading vs. selling, and offer any insight into recent trends for both?

Ok so since I just started this coin collecting hobby/turning into an obsession, I don't have a lot in the trade department. I am wondering if peoples trade list kind of double as for sale lists. I have had a few great members on here help me get started by selling me a few of there traders but without inventory to trade I am at a disadvantage when it comes to getting more. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I to am new and have no trading list to speak of yet.. Reading this post has answered alot of questions. Thanks for all the posts. Keep them coming I like lots of personal opinions.

We also have a trackable personal coin with icon that we intend to keep fairly exclusive although we did list just one of them on ebay to see if anyone would actually buy it (and because we had never sold anything before to see what that was like). We will see how the experiment ends this Sunday. Truth is, we have accumulated several coins but don't think we would ever trade them LOL. Hard to have a traders list if you don't ever want to give one up. I guess time will eventually remedy that some day.