Please Help with some co-ords!

Followers 1

Right, here is the thing...

I have these co-ords, and i need to change them into something so that i can put them into my gps...

53.948932 -1.694845

I dont know what type of co-ords they are... :laughing:

Thanks alot for your help...And if you find a converter, please post the details

Batesie

I have these co-ords, and i need to change them into something so that i can put them into my gps...

53.948932 -1.694845

Thanks alot for your help...And if you find a converter, please post the details

Batesie

You didn't say where you are at, but it looks like you have decimal coordinates for somewhere in England close to a place called Burley in Wharfedale. I don't have street level maps for England so thats as close as I can get.

I your GPS is setup for minutes, decimal minutes you would multiply the decimal portion of your coordinates by 60. .948932 x 60 = 56.93592 which added to the whole number and rounded off to three places you would end up with 53 degrees 56.936 minutes. Just do the same with the other number

53.948932 -1.694845

Batesie

You didn't say where you are at, but it looks like you have decimal coordinates for somewhere in England close to a place called Burley in Wharfedale. I don't have street level maps for England so thats as close as I can get.

If your GPS is setup for minutes, decimal minutes you would multiply the decimal portion of your coordinates by 60. .948932 x 60 = 56.93592 which added to the whole number and rounded off to three places you would end up with 53 degrees 56.936 minutes. Just do the same with the other number

here is the page i use. it can convert lat/long from any of the major 3 formats to the other 2

http://www.cosports.com/index.php/tool/tools/latlong

the main page ( http://www.cosports.com/index.php/tool/tools/home ) has other conversions that might be of assistance also (elevation, wind chill calculator, sunrise/sunset calculator, etc).

Edited by DiamondDaveG

I just use GSAK. You put the coords in in pretty much any format and it returns them in decimal degrees, decimal minutes, degrees-minutes-seconds and UTM:

Degrees: 53.948932 -1.694845

Minutes: N 53° 56.936 W 1° 41.691

Seconds: N 53° 56' 56.16'' W 1° 41' 41.44''

UTM: 30U E 585655 N 5978629

Followers 1