Pororoca Endless Wave ~ Swim With the Dolphins

avroair

When I visited the Amazon the guide told me about the Pororoca or Endless Wave that comes each morning up the Amazon river early in the year. I was intrigued by the phenomenon called a tidal bore, so I looked it up on the internet when I got home. I forgot about until recently when I saw a documentary about some surfers who surfed it. The record is 12.5 km (he surfed for 37 minutes!) ~ it is said to be very lucky if you get dolphins swimming along side you.

Sorry about the bad photos, they came from the mint.

746449df-84d0-4bc1-b7ba-a256da6ea3dd.jpg

7ae5c9f0-cc7a-41e2-a045-5b031d9c05bf.jpg

Hope you like. :huh:

When I visited the Amazon the guide told me about the Pororoca or Endless Wave that comes each morning up the Amazon river early in the year. I was intrigued by the phenomenon called a tidal bore, so I looked it up on the internet when I got home. I forgot about until recently when I saw a documentary about some surfers who surfed it. The record is 12.5 km (he surfed for 37 minutes!) ~ it is said to be very lucky if you get dolphins swimming along side you.

Sorry about the bad photos, they came from the mint.

Hope you like. :huh:

OMG....I love it, love dolphines. Hope this is designed into a coin. Def. have to purchase if it is. Hopefully in copper, that would be sharp.my favorite metal.

Valarie of sweetlife

The coins are available here (photos tk):

Pororoca Endless Wave

Edited by avroair