FOLLOW THE RULES

I know others have brought it up, but I'm not sure that Wal-Mart would even be responsible for someone falling in their parking lot.

I worked for a retail store that is relatively large in the USA, and a few incidents happened in our parking lot over the years. When the customer would come in and talk to the manager about it, he would state that the store had no responsibility for paying for any bills because the parking lot was considered a "public parking lot." He had paperwork to back this up, and he never had to go to court over this.

It could have to do with store policies and the like.

I'll wager the injured cacher was also burned by a cup of scalding McD's coffee just before heading out for the hunt.

Comparing what we've heard about this alleged cacher to Stella Liebeck is unfair to Stella. McD's kept their coffee at 185F by corporate policy; most food establishments keep coffee at 140F max, and it is well known that liquids at 185F cause third-degree burns too fast to escape. McD's had previously received over 700 compaints about coffee burns. It was so bad that no less than the Shriners Burn Institute had asked McD's to cool their coffee -- and McD's ignored the top burn institute in the world. Stella Liebeck only wanted her medical bills paid and didn't sue until McD's stonewalled.

So maybe the subject of this thread does deserve our scorn. Or maybe we haven't heard the whole story. Oh, but that's never happened here before, or in the press before ...

Edward

Sorry Edward, Couldn’t disagree more.. If you are DRIVING with any liquid in your hand then you take responsibility of what happens be it spilling boiling hot coffee in your crotch or that little old lady you just ran over because you weren't paying attention. It is people like that that cause labels on hair curlers that state, "don't use orally". It's ridiculous.

my .02c

-HHH :sad:

I gotta put in my disagreement here. The coffee was so hot that her burns required skin grafts. She'd have burnt her mouth anyway. The fact that she was driving is irrelevant. They [edited by moderator], and when she came back looking for help with the medical bills, the staff laughed in her face and made derogatory comments about her appearance and whether or not she'd put the burnt portion of her anatomy to use anyway.

I can't believe there are so many pro-Stella people out there! Stella is the poster child (well not really a child) for Tort reform. Stella, incidently, was not driving, she was a passenger. Stella was a diver, and she was always down. I'll bet no one get's that reference. :sad:

Edited by Keystone

Thats what you get fer a stupid parking lot cache. Glad I live in a place where 500 caches within 5 miles radius are of quality... We just now ( past 2 weeks) have seen your parking lot skirtlifters...dumb blinkies on a pole... typ :sad: e caches. Place dumb caches, get dumb finders...no offense, but geessh

Mmmmmkay... I honestly can't tell if you're trying to be ironic or you're just naive or something I haven't come across in these forums yet. :D:laughing::laughing:

Golly, I hope it's that last one. :sad::laughing:

I'll wager the injured cacher was also burned by a cup of scalding McD's coffee just before heading out for the hunt.

Comparing what we've heard about this alleged cacher to Stella Liebeck is unfair to Stella. McD's kept their coffee at 185F by corporate policy; most food establishments keep coffee at 140F max, and it is well known that liquids at 185F cause third-degree burns too fast to escape. McD's had previously received over 700 compaints about coffee burns. It was so bad that no less than the Shriners Burn Institute had asked McD's to cool their coffee -- and McD's ignored the top burn institute in the world. Stella Liebeck only wanted her medical bills paid and didn't sue until McD's stonewalled.

So maybe the subject of this thread does deserve our scorn. Or maybe we haven't heard the whole story. Oh, but that's never happened here before, or in the press before ...

Edward

Sorry Edward, Couldn’t disagree more.. If you are DRIVING with any liquid in your hand then you take responsibility of what happens be it spilling boiling hot coffee in your crotch or that little old lady you just ran over because you weren't paying attention. It is people like that that cause labels on hair curlers that state, "don't use orally". It's ridiculous.

my .02c

-HHH :D

I gotta put in my disagreement here. The coffee was so hot that her burns required skin grafts. She'd have burnt her mouth anyway. The fact that she was driving is irrelevant. They [edited by moderator], and when she came back looking for help with the medical bills, the staff laughed in her face and made derogatory comments about her appearance and whether or not she'd put the burnt portion of her anatomy to use anyway.

I can't believe there are so many pro-Stella people out there! Stella is the poster child (well not really a child) for Tort reform. Stella, incidently, was not driving, she was a passenger. Stella was a diver, and she was always down. I'll bet no one get's that reference. :sad:

Hmmm... I wonder what keystone edited from your post. :laughing:

I never can remember that woman's name, but even though I hate McD's I always stop at that one in Albuquerque for breakfast when I'm on the road.

YAY for the legal lottery. :laughing: She didn't deserve a dime. :laughing: (I could use better, more descriptive language to describe my feelings about her case, but I'm pretty sure keystone would edit it.) :laughing::sad:

Edward

my .02c

-HHH :laughing:

I can't believe there are so many pro-Stella people out there! Stella is the poster child (well not really a child) for Tort reform. Stella, incidently, was not driving, she was a passenger. Stella was a diver, and she was always down. I'll bet no one get's that reference. :laughing:

I never can remember that woman's name, but even though I hate McD's I always stop at that one in Albuquerque for breakfast when I'm on the road.

YAY for the legal lottery. :sad: She didn't deserve a dime. :laughing: (I could use better, more descriptive language to describe my feelings about her case, but I'm pretty sure keystone would edit it.) :sad::laughing:

There was nothing in that post edited by Keystone. Maybe he was thinking of editing it for the Stella was a diver line, but it's just a stupid song reference.

Pretty impressive though. Eartha was the only one who ever edited my posts. Several times, actually. :D

Thats what you get fer a stupid parking lot cache. Glad I live in a place where 500 caches within 5 miles radius are of quality... We just now ( past 2 weeks) have seen your parking lot skirtlifters...dumb blinkies on a pole... type caches. Place dumb caches, get dumb finders...no offense, but geessh

Rather than debate your bizarre post, let me just mention that this cache was not technically a 'parking lot' cache as you are apparently defining them.

YAY for the legal lottery. :sad: She didn't deserve a dime. :laughing: (I could use better, more descriptive language to describe my feelings about her case, but I'm pretty sure keystone would edit it.) :sad::laughing:

There was nothing in that post edited by Keystone. Maybe he was thinking of editing it for the Stella was a diver line, but it's just a stupid song reference.

Pretty impressive though. Eartha was the only one who ever edited my posts. Several times, actually. :D

Uh okay, but why then does your post say this:

This post has been edited by Keystone: Today, 12:21 AM

Hmmm... I wonder what keystone edited from your post. :unsure:

YAY for the legal lottery. <_< She didn't deserve a dime. :rolleyes: (I could use better, more descriptive language to describe my feelings about her case, but I'm pretty sure keystone would edit it.) :anibad::ph34r:

Pretty impressive though. Eartha was the only one who ever edited my posts. Several times, actually. :lol:

Keystone was editing the comment quoted from Ockette on the 31st.

Hmmm... I wonder what keystone edited from your post. :anibad:

YAY for the legal lottery. :unsure: She didn't deserve a dime. <_< (I could use better, more descriptive language to describe my feelings about her case, but I'm pretty sure keystone would edit it.) :ph34r::lol:

Pretty impressive though. Eartha was the only one who ever edited my posts. Several times, actually. :lol:

Keystone was editing the comment quoted from Ockette on the 31st.

I was thinking Keystone did think about editing my post, but changed his mind after googling my obscure song reference. I see he did edit Ockette's post (which I quoted) though. And I now remember what that said. :o OK, so I've still never had anyone but Eartha edit my posts, and I've never been banned. :rolleyes: