MISSION: Spooky Halloween Mission Enter Here!

tsunrisebey

Missions received yahoo - and GeoDog Julia agrees!!

Mission 1 - the candy corn did not survive long enough to make it into the photo...

hallomission1.jpg

and the many goodies for geodog Julia:

hallomission2.jpg

Many thanks to the Peters Trio for my goodies, and Julia says a big woof woof and sends a couple of wet kisses from her secret spook in Transylvania!

1. Participating - Email Sent 8/27/08

2. Received Name - 9/14/08

3. Mission Completed - Mailed 10/15/08

4. Package Received - 10/21/08

I received my mission a few days ago, but I was having trouble with my digital

camera (that's why the first picture is blurry), and didn't post until today.

My package came all the way from Sweden. Thank you fiabus (Karin).

I received all sorts of goodies. Lots of spooky spiders were scattered

about the box, along with some cute little trinkets, some spooky Halloween

candy, pumpkin and train (love these) stickers, Halloween mask, balloons, and of course, some geocoins.

Received an Appalachian Trail Final coin and a Honk if you Love Geocaching coin (love

this coin).

Thanks so much for the Halloween Mission package. My daughter and I had a fun time

going through everything and of course the geocoins are great and I will

add them to my collection. Happy Halloween to everyone!

Oct08045.jpg

Oct08046.jpg

A Spooky Halloween Mission arrived today!

3531ebb6-038d-4a4b-95f5-4a3331251686.jpg

There are some scary folks in Texas! The first thing I pulled out of the package was the blood-red jelly hand. Then, Halloween pencils and a big handful of cute erasers and enough eyeball-rings for almost every finger on two hands. :D There were lots of cute Halloween cards and stickers, too. And a bunch of squishy brains! Then came little Halloween bags to open with some awesome coins! First, a Crystal Ball in a beautiful satin gold finish. The picture does not do this coin justice. It's awesome! A Texas Mustang Joni with Hedge Hopper on the other side. I love it! A Hedge Hopper in red! A Mustang Joni pathtag!

:grin: Woo! I made out like a bandit! Thanks, Joni -- I love my Halloween mission (the squishy brains -- not so sure about those)! :grin:

1. Participating: yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes - and received.

4. Package Received!

Today we got back from a short holiday and mister mailman gave us a notice that a package from de US of A dit not fit into the mailbox. At the mailoffice I got a very big halloween surpisebox. Many halloween items, home made artwork and quit a few very nice coins, and many of these tiny little stars that you will find months after halloween :rolleyes: We say 'thank you' with a big red blush on our faces!

1. Participating: yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes -finally sent my mission on its way. I sent it priority and it only needs to make it to the left coast so it should make it before Halloween. Hope my recipient thinks it was worth the wait when it arrives. :rolleyes:

4. Package Received: yes. We returned from vacation a couple weeks ago and a very fun package was waiting. Some sweet treats, cute ducks, and 2 coins I didn't have! Mahalo.

BOO!

jrr

This is too funny. I though waiting for my package to get here would have killed me, but it didnt. What is killing me is waiting to see what my mission person has to say about what i sent. The suspense is driving me crazy...lol

CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY! CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY! CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY! CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY! CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY! CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY! CRAZY!? I WAS CRAZY ONCE, SO THEY LOCKED ME IN A RUBBER ROOM. LITTLE BLACK BUGS STARTING EATING MY BRAINS...IT DROVE ME CRAZY!

MWA HA HA HA HAAAA!

There are some scary folks in Texas! The first thing I pulled out of the package was the blood-red jelly hand. Then, Halloween pencils and a big handful of cute erasers and enough eyeball-rings for almost every finger on two hands. :laughing: There were lots of cute Halloween cards and stickers, too. And a bunch of squishy brains! Then came little Halloween bags to open with some awesome coins! First, a Crystal Ball in a beautiful satin gold finish. The picture does not do this coin justice. It's awesome! A Texas Mustang Joni with Hedge Hopper on the other side. I love it! A Hedge Hopper in red! A Mustang Joni pathtag!

:) Woo! I made out like a bandit! Thanks, Joni -- I love my Halloween mission (the squishy brains -- not so sure about those)! :rolleyes:

i love the squishy brains! at least she left them wrapped up. i unwrapped all the sticky eyeball i sent to my recipient. she had to sort through them to find her coins!

lara

There are some scary folks in Texas! The first thing I pulled out of the package was the blood-red jelly hand. Then, Halloween pencils and a big handful of cute erasers and enough eyeball-rings for almost every finger on two hands. :laughing: There were lots of cute Halloween cards and stickers, too. And a bunch of squishy brains! Then came little Halloween bags to open with some awesome coins! First, a Crystal Ball in a beautiful satin gold finish. The picture does not do this coin justice. It's awesome! A Texas Mustang Joni with Hedge Hopper on the other side. I love it! A Hedge Hopper in red! A Mustang Joni pathtag!

:) Woo! I made out like a bandit! Thanks, Joni -- I love my Halloween mission (the squishy brains -- not so sure about those)! :rolleyes:

i love the squishy brains! at least she left them wrapped up. i unwrapped all the sticky eyeball i sent to my recipient. she had to sort through them to find her coins!

lara

LOL - I didn't even like touching them through the packaging!

1. Participating yes, email sent 8/29/08

2. Received Name yes, 9/15/08

3. Mission Complete yep...on it's way 9/29/08 Happy Halloween !!

4. Package Received! Yeppers ! received my "fragile" spooky halloween mission just now from the mailman....but not allowed to open until the 31st....mmmm don't know if that's possible to do, but I'll try : ).

Will post a picture then.

Thank you to my, (maybe not so secret), halloween mission sender lol

4. Package Received! Yeppers ! received my "fragile" spooky halloween mission just now from the mailman....but not allowed to open until the 31st....mmmm don't know if that's possible to do, but I'll try : ).

That was a joke, my friend! By all means, please open it now as the contents are time sensitive! Not that I'd know anything about your mission though! :unsure:

That was a joke, my friend! By all means, please open it now as the contents are time sensitive! Not that I'd know anything about your mission though! :)

halloweencoinsopened.jpg

Ok, If you insist :unsure: .....

Wondered what all the laughing and giggling was coming from the box , three ghosts in there having a good ol' time along with some mmmm mmmm candy and great coins. Love ~ love ~ love the nerds, and the Anthus laptop and trolley pin. How very generous of you Roddy Kaboom : ), thank you and hope you have spooooky halloween

DarkGhost.jpg

Edited by BVnLJ

That was a joke, my friend! By all means, please open it now as the contents are time sensitive! Not that I'd know anything about your mission though! :)

halloweencoinsopened.jpg

Ok, If you insist :unsure: .....

Wondered what all the laughing and giggling was coming from the box , three ghosts in there having a good ol' time along with some mmmm mmmm candy and great coins. Love ~ love ~ love the nerds, and the Anthus laptop and trolley pin. How very generous of you Roddy, thank you and hope you have spooooky halloween

DarkGhost.jpg

[/quote

That was KAboom's mission to you, my friend! I think we got the coins mixed up though, hope you didn't have the trolley pin! KAboom helped make the pretzels, I hope you like them!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

I have been meaning to post for awhile but wanted to add photos with my post. Both of my missions arrived & they are fantastic. :unsure:

Human mission:

1. Participating: Yep

2. Received Name: yep

3. Mission Complete: yep

4. Package Received!: Thank you so very much. I didn't have either of the coins sent, I love that fan one, I've been wanting that for awhile :) You can see all my goodies here:

127cad12-9a60-4034-9b85-37c6861840d5.jpg

Pet mission:

1. Participating: Yep

2. Received Name: yep

3. Mission Complete: yep

4. Package Received!: OMG, I can not believe all the wonderful goodies that were sent. Cati was absolutely thrilled with his package. I was thrilled with the human goodies too :) You certainly went overboard, I couldn't believe all the stuff sent. Thank you!!!!! Here are some pics of Cati checking out his goodies :anibad:

da1c6eb2-c784-4dfc-9d88-c8c88f35002f.jpg

6396a751-e9e5-4637-ad02-2867c55a9652.jpg

Cati loves all his stuff & is constantly bugging me to give him treats, lol :angry:

Thanks for the great missions!

#2 Wanna

1. Participating: E-mail sent 08/30/2008

2. Received Name: Luckier name pulled out of cauldron 9/15/08

3. Mission Complete: Sent

4. Package Received! Two great coins received, Grim cacher and Caching with the luck of the Irish (ones we didn't have). Thanks soooo much!!

#1 Chuck

1. Participating: E-mail sent 08/30/2008

2. Received Name: Lucky name pulled out of cauldron 9/15/08

3. Mission Complete: Sent

4. Package Received! : Reveived this package today. Even though it was for Chuck I couldn't contain myself and made him opened it for him!!! (He was there watching me) Received some awesome coins! Yimes latest edition, a geo nerd and a glow in the dark butterfly! There were some spooky ghosts and some yummy treats!! Thank you sooooo much!

Edited by cache_in_hand

First mission (Adult):

1. Participating: Yes. Email sent 28/08/08 for one adult.

2. Received Name: Yes. Name received 16/09/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes. Sent by Airmail 8th October 2008 (received by Joe :) )

4. Package Received: Not yet, still plenty time though.

Second mission (Pet):

1. Participating: Yes. Email sent 28/08/08 for one pet.

2. Received Name: Yes. Name received 16/09/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes. Sent by Airmail 8th October 2008 (Woof!!) (received by Lorca :) )

4. Package Received: Not yet, still plenty of time though.

Ali :unsure:

Thought I'd better post a quick update in case whoever has me is wondering if anything has arrived, and I'm just being lazy in not posting.....nothing in the post yet for either missions, but there's still plenty time until the witching hour arrives........ now back to carving my pumkins! :anibad:

WOW!!!

I think my mission person wanted to have me use a sledge hammer to open the box. Duct tape..made it fun to open.

Spooky spiders...creepy web....and yummy candy. MM's and peeps.. I am going to go into a sugar coma!

the best was the coinage though!

GCF coin

Indian Paintbrush.. a Crake, no less...woohoo. I have been wanting that one as Indian paintbrush is our state flower.

A Lilly Sue mirror mirror coin. I see me!

The Grim cacher - ooohhh evil looking ~ nice!

I'll try to find the camera in the trailer..had to move it from Texas to home..not sure where everything got packed off to.

I think my mission was done by a very special young lady. Thanks a bunch!!!! LTNS Where you hiding?

Mrs usyoopers (adult)

participating- email sent 9/9

received name- 9/15...thinking....

mission complete- 9/23, Tricks and Treats are in the mail!

package received- Got mine today 10/6

A very nice package of creepy treats arrived for me today from Hollora, Thanks so very much! I must add that the other yooper very quickly took off with the dark chocolates...his favorites! I only got a couple of the creepy crawlies in the picture, there were enough snakes, spiders and bugs in that package to make a lumberjack shudder. The coins were great...Halloween 07, Black Widow (to cool!, I had never seen that one before) and a Bring Your own Pencil...one I had been wanting!! Thanks Hollora!!

the other yooper

participating- email sent for him 9/9

received name- 9/15...thinking for him...

mission complete- 9/23 in the mail....BOO!

package received- Got it today, 10/27

What a special package this was! A vampire filled with goodies, a note pad, stickers, spiders, witches fingers (ewww!), candy corn...gosh, it was full! A tadpole379 signature item (really cute!), tadpole pathtag, pins and Oh, my gosh! The coins!! A purple earth turtle, an orange ice cream cone and you won't believe this....A Wishing Coin!! tadpoles and koi must be pals! Thank you so very much, tadpole379 for an excellant Halloween Mission Box!!

7c83886e-7d5d-4212-8d90-5bb1164aac46.jpg

Thank you, Steel City Babes!

2d4daf69-5300-447f-9ab7-327007fe753c.jpg

My Spooky Halloween Mission arrived from Trasi! The picture shows some of the goodies packed into a box that arrived with lots of Halloween stickers and the warning "Open if you dare!!"

Inside were all kinds of goodies -- useful, spooky, and fun! Batteries, skeletons, glow sticks, candy, toys, a cute Halloween card, and much more! Trasi found two Ellandel coins on my seeking list and also sent a Steel City Babes Geo-Jellie! :santa: All three are great additions to my coin collection! Thank you so much!

:) Thanks for the awesome mission, Steel City Babes! :santa:

Mission # 1 - Adult

1. Participating: - :anicute: Email sent 08/27/08

2. Received Name - :anicute: Name received 09/11/08

3. Mission Complete - :unsure: Package sent today 10/08/08 I know one has arrived at it's destination but I see no word about the second. I sent them on the same day, Priority Mail so it should be there... :) Hopefully the second receiver will post soon.

4. Package Received! - :unsure: Yes!!! 09/20/08

Mission # 2 - Adult

1. Participating: - :P Email sent 08/27/08

2. Received Name - :D Name received 09/11/08

3. Mission Complete - B) Package sent today 10/08/08 I know one has arrived at it's destination but I see no word about the second. I sent them on the same day, Priority Mail so it should be there... :santa: Hopefully the second receiver will post soon.

4. Package Received! - Four days left. Getting a little worried... :santa:

CF30

Now that the madness of GeoBoo is over, I can take some time to take pics and post! I received a great package on thursday,and in time to use some of it for GeoBoo decorations! Fortunatley I opened the package and spared Joey the horror of seeing spiders....he would have screamed I'm sure :) Thanks for all the treats Dolfy, they're all great!! halloweenmission.jpg

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Not Yet :D

4. Package Received! Not Yet :laughing:

I have to apologize, life got in my way, I had to move to another city quite quickly, so I wasn't able to sent my mission yet. I have send an email to my secret person so that they know that they will get their package as soon as possible.

I am currently living in another city, but my partner (who still lives at home, away from me during the weeks :ph34r: ) told me that no mission arrived yet.

MISSION 1: Joan

1. Participating: Email Sent for an adult :rolleyes:

2. Name Received: September 15 ;)

3. Mission Sent: Yes :) Delivery confirmation said it was delivered.

4. Mission Received:Yes

MISSION 2: Ralph

1. Participating: Email Sent for an adult. :D

2. Name Received: September 15 :D

3. Mission Sent: Yes :) Delivery confirmation said it was delivered.

4 Mission Received: Not yet.

The two we sent out has been received and posted.

Edited by Maine Family

My second mission arrived ALL the way from Hawaii :)

[And 2 path tags :rolleyes: ! ! !

THANK YOU Sillygirl and JRR(?) I LOVE it - that rat was even doable :D

Glad you liked your package. Sorry it was so late. Only you missed a pathtag....

Check to bottom of the one edible treat. ;) Enjoy.

&jrr

PS: sillygirl does not post in the forums, or collect geocoins...(she does collect pathtags). She also confiscates any geocoin she fancies).

My second mission arrived ALL the way from Hawaii :D

[And 2 path tags :rolleyes: ! ! !

THANK YOU Sillygirl and JRR(?) I LOVE it - that rat was even doable :D

Glad you liked your package. Sorry it was so late. Only you missed a pathtag....

Check to bottom of the one edible treat. ;) Enjoy.

&jrr

PS: sillygirl does not post in the forums, or collect geocoins...(she does collect pathtags). She also confiscates any geocoin she fancies).

YOU Are correct, it was taped the bottom of the M&Ms :)

Our last mission was received!

Yesterday we received a package containing a Mario Bros. brick geocoin and a Mario Bros. Halloween geocoin. We weren't quite sure if that was our Halloween Mission until today. Today we realized it was only part of our Halloween Mission. We got a large box in the mail containing a rubber snake (which is odd because I had a nightmare about snakes last night, lol), a card explaining that we were being sent another package containing coins, inside the card was a micro Virtual Ghost geocoin, matching pin and another cute little halloween pin, and lots of yummy candy, and for me, the best part was a Halloween margarita glass! Our mission sender knows my love of Margarita's as she shares this love too! ;) Thanks for the awesome mission LadyBee4T!!!

I would take pics but I can't find my camera :rolleyes:

Our last mission was received!

Yesterday we received a package containing a Mario Bros. brick geocoin and a Mario Bros. Halloween geocoin. We weren't quite sure if that was our Halloween Mission until today. Today we realized it was only part of our Halloween Mission. We got a large box in the mail containing a rubber snake (which is odd because I had a nightmare about snakes last night, lol), a card explaining that we were being sent another package containing coins, inside the card was a micro Virtual Ghost geocoin, matching pin and another cute little halloween pin, and lots of yummy candy, and for me, the best part was a Halloween margarita glass! Our mission sender knows my love of Margarita's as she shares this love too! ;) Thanks for the awesome mission LadyBee4T!!!

I would take pics but I can't find my camera :rolleyes:

I was really getting worried when I saw how long it was taking to get to you from Denver. I guess it must have been the margarita glass that gave it away as I thought I was being sneaky. Enjoy!!! (The rest of the candy was prety good too!)

I received an amazing mission package today from rivercity...i was absolutely speechless at your generosity! Thank you so much for everything you sent. I received Rivercity's GW5 Geocoin Chicks, The Geocoin Nerds and The Geocoin Nerds v.2. I also received my very first Compass Rose (the 2007 BN) and it is stunning! I really like this design and the colours on the black just pop! Rivercity also sent the Geocoin Club July 2008 (Gargoyle Beast) AND their polished gold/satin gold non-trackable. I am just stunned. In addition, I received some chocolate (which is pretty much gone btw), halloween garland, festive socks (which I will wear out trick or treating with my son) and some other bibs and bobs (sorry, just too excited to list them!). I have taken a picture to show everyone....THANK YOU RIVERCITY!

200356.jpg

OOPS! In all the excitement I forgot to update my mission status!

1. Participating: YES - email sent August 27

2. Received Name: YES - September 11

3. Mission Complete: YES - mailed October 9th, received by PSU_Fan

4. Package Received! YES!!! October 28th from Rivercity!

Mission1

1. Participating - Spider bite me 8-27-08

2. Received Name - Received 9-15-08

3. Mission Complete - Sent out 10-17-08

4. Package Received! - 10/27/2008 Another awesome mission, although the fact that both my missions sent me spiders (fortunately not real ones ;) ) freaks me out a bit. This mission contained 4 coins: Saving Little Hearts, Tippacanoe & Wanna Too, Cruisedude, and 888 Event Coin. The mission also contained some Halloween candy which never had a chance before I devoured it. And I saved the best for last....the coins were placed in what appears to be a hand-made camoflage bag!!!! My better half is not much into coins, but she grabbed the the coin bag from me as if it is now hers :rolleyes: .... I do not know who sent this mission....but a BIG Thank you for the coins, candy, and extra swag. Another FANtastic mission complete on my end....looking forward to hearing about all the others starting to arrive to the everyone else.

Mission2

1. Participating - Email sent 8-27-08

2. Received Name - Received 9-15-08

3. Mission Complete - Sent out 10-17-08

4. Package Received! - 10-16-08 I received my 1st mission on October 16th from Canada, but to an unforeseen delay, I was only able to open the box earlier this week. I was blown away by the nice Halloween decorations and the personal touch by putting in football notepads...how did you know I was such a football fan :) ...The best part was when I opened the festive bag and saw the 2 coins that they sent. I received the Monster Cache 2007 (on my seeking list!!!) and the Halloween 2007 R,I,P Geocoins. Thank you so much ELTADA for making this mission a wonderful surprise. You definitely went above and beyond.

I got my halloween mission today! Corey N Joey outdid themselves!!! First it was a HUGE box....but when I opened I saw why! The big Candy bowl! I immediately took that to work and proceeded to annoy the entire office (and myself after a while) with the howling and moaning coming from the candy bowl whenever someone reached into it! It was even going off when I walked by it!!! LOL. It's a good thing it's almost halloween!!

Then there were fun glow sticks and glow body paint and 5 coins!!!

A Got nerds, Cache me if you can, coreyNjoey geotag (which is stunning!), a Waymarking bounty coin and a geoboo coin! I LOVE that one!! Thank you soo much! It was worth the wait for sure!! :o

S6000639.jpg