Archived Cache

I have archived a cache that I placed in an area which was on reflection not really suitable for a cache. I have archived it at the moment. Can I reinstate the same cache name somewhere else? If so How do I do this please?

It is better to create a new page and have it relisted if you are moving it. You can have a cache unarchived, but you must go through the reviewer.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I have archived a cache that I placed in an area which was on reflection not really suitable for a cache. I have archived it at the moment. Can I reinstate the same cache name somewhere else? If so How do I do this please?

It is better to create a new page and have it relisted if you are moving it. You can have a cache unarchived, but you must go through the reviewer.

Thanks for the speedy reply. Can I use the same name for a new cache or should I change the name as well?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Can I use the same name for a new cache or should I change the name as well?

I've seen several caches that have been archived but later revived, in a sense, in a different location. They are "new" listings (not the same GC number) and use the same name but usually add something like "redux" or a number to the end of the name to indicate that it is indeed a new hide.

This is not required, of course, but is a nice hint for those who may have sought the earlier incarnation that there is something different about this listing so that they don't inadvertently assume that somehow their previous log had gotten deleted.

It's really your call however.