iPhone & iGeocacher app.

ecolon

A new iGeocacher app is available for the iPhone. I have the older non-3G version with the 2.0 software. So no intergrated GPS. But still seems to do the job. I would like to know anyone's experience with the app. Especially with the built-in GPS of the 3G iPhone. I have installed it and will "field test" it today. B)

Re: New native iGeocacher

I have downloaded it and loaded a GPX query of caches. It seems to work smoothly, and provides paperless caching for me on the iPhone 3G. Previously, I have tried to look up caches on-line in the field through Safari, but I am often only in an Edge range and it is just too slow. So I am psyched about having all the cache data with me on the iPhone. There are enhancements I'd certainly like to see in the app. I know the developer is working on the next release and will keep improving the product. You can check it out at the Apple iTunes app store. There are links to the supporting website.

As far as the GPS capability - iGeocacher works nicely with it. It will load the coords from a cache and give you distance, direction to the cache. You can also sort your caches by distance from your current location.

Geode looks very promising too. I will check out the reviews once it comes out and then decide which application to use on a permanent basis.

Edited by Photo_gal