Delete Published Wherigo

Geo-Goober

Simple question - How do I delete a published (but inactive) cartridge from my list of "Cartridges You've Created" ??

(I published it from the builder)

Thanks!!

Geo-Goober (Wayne)

You cannot delete cartridges right now, but it will be a feature soon!

J2B2

Simple question - How do I delete a published (but inactive) cartridge from my list of "Cartridges You've Created" ??

Thanks!!

Geo-Goober (Wayne)

J2B2

Great! I have a duplicate of a cartridge that I would definately love to get rid of!

I look forward to seeing the delete button!

I now have two published cartridge files that I need to get rid of - a crap cartridge and a nogo cartridge.

On uploading a replacement GWZ to update an existing publish... I found I couldn't! If I tried to upload a GWZ with the same name it spat the dummy at me (forget the exact error message sorry - something regarding authority/access). I found the only way to do it was to rename the existing publish before uploading the replacement. Hence the reason for crap and nogo....

Sorry slight diversion from topic....

W./G-G

Edited by Geo-Goober

Thanks!!

Geo-Goober (Wayne)

J2B2

How is the delete feature coming?

Hi,

I published my first Wherigo but noticed a bug. So I fixed it and want to upload it again via the builder. If I publish the cartridge again, I get a "success" feedback, but if I have a look at "Cartridges You've Created", I see my old one, but not the correct version.

I tried several things: Modify cartridge name, delete all fields, modify start coordinates....nothing helped! The old cartridge is still there and the new doesn't appear.

What's going wrong???

Regards

Kruemel

Go to your old cartridge's page and look at the version number and last upload date. Chances are it's doing the right thing and replacing your old cartridge's code with what you have on your computer.

If you're still not certain, try the following steps to make sure the cartridge code has been replaced:

Zip your cartridge files, rename the zip file to have a GWZ file extension, and go to your old cartridge's page. Click "Upload GWZ File" and upload the file (give some information on the release notes if you'd like). This will replace your old code with the updated one.

Go to your old cartridge's page and look at the version number and last upload date. Chances are it's doing the right thing and replacing your old cartridge's code with what you have on your computer.

If you're still not certain, try the following steps to make sure the cartridge code has been replaced:

Zip your cartridge files, rename the zip file to have a GWZ file extension, and go to your old cartridge's page. Click "Upload GWZ File" and upload the file (give some information on the release notes if you'd like). This will replace your old code with the updated one.

Hi Ranger,

thanks, that worked for me. I figured out, that all detail parameters of the cartridge are not updated, if I upload it again, e.g. the cartridge name, description, start location, etc. are not written again after I uploaded it again. Perhaps a bug? Or just works as designed...?!? ;);)

BTW: Why do I have the option to set a version number, if the application is doing that for me? I set version to 1.2, but at the Wherigo page its set to 1.5!

Thanks and regards

Kruemelbrot

all detail parameters of the cartridge are not updated, if I upload it again, e.g. the cartridge name, description, start location, etc. are not written again after I uploaded it again. Perhaps a bug? Or just works as designed...?!? :D:D
I don't know if that's how it's designed or not. I do know, however, the information on the web site overwrites the cartridge information (for whatever reason). Edit your cartridge page on the web site and it'll fix what you're seeing with your cartridge. To know whether that's a bug or not will require me to know what the site designers were thinking.

BTW: Why do I have the option to set a version number, if the application is doing that for me? I set version to 1.2, but at the Wherigo page its set to 1.5!
Yeah, that's another thing about the site. It'll increment the version based on how many times it has been uploaded to the site. There are many ways of tracking version number; with so many ways out there, it's better for the end user that one standard was chosen and enforced. Cuts down on the potential confusion.

I'm still drumming my fingers on that, Afterburned. In 2008, a lot of things were "coming soon", then focus on Wherigo was lost. Lately, it has even been difficult for me to get them to work on even one site issue. I know from talking with people that they want to get back to Wherigo, but the inaction as we've experienced says otherwise.