selecting bluechart segments

briann88

ive been using bluechart 2008 for a while now (unlocked region 2 - canada ) and ever since i upgraded my etrex legend blue to an etrex legend Hcx i've had an excess of space for maps. my question is whether when highlighting the map segments to download to my gps you can select either one huge section or there are multiple smaller segments within the larger one. when i do select the larger segment and then after select one of the smaller segments within the larger one, my memory for maps goes up. does this mean that the large segment that encompasses everything is missing some of the data that selecting the smaller segment would contain, or is there just a little bit of memory overhead for adding an additional segment within the larger one. basically i want to know if i have to use up a ton of my 2025 map segments on all the little map segments if instead the larger one contains all the data. this would allow me to put on more topo usa and canada segments which indecently do not overlap anywhere. this only seems to be an issue with the bluechart series.

thanks

Hey briann88.

I don't what version of Mapsource you have on your computer, but be aware that the very latest update of Mapsource has a problem with showing the water depths ( they don't show ) using BlueCharts.

It seems to be a MAJOR bug in Mapsource and I am very disappointed that Garmin could release a new version with this glaring problem.

The previous version of Mapsource was OK.

Tim