Geocaching NSW first meeting

The Spindoctors

An event has been posted for the first meeting for Geocaching NSW. It will be at Jones Park Hall, Mays Hill (near Parramatta).

The purpose of the meeting to be bring together geocachers in the state of NSW to discuss how we as association can promote geocaching in our state.

The meeting will begin at 10.30 am sharp and conclude with the traditional geocoin/travel bug swapping. There will also be a competition with a geocoin prize on offer.

A more detailed description of meeting and event will be posted soon.

Please register your intention to attend by leaving a will attend at - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2c-fc7cf3237a24.

This posting to gather any questions, agenda items, and general thoughts.

For all out of towners, I will record the meeting and post it on the web.

In the near future I will provide details regarding live online meetings.

Edited by The Spindoctors

Don't forget the meeting is Saturday 13th.

A rough agenda is as follows:

* membership - who, how much, what in return?

* structure - how, president, committee, other region reps

* communication - meetings online, AGM, forums, emails

* schedule - events, regular sessions (online and off)

If you have any thoughts/comments, bring them along, email me, or post here.

Looking forward to all of those attending. Thank you to those that cannot for your emails and notes.

I will post notes both here, on the GCA and Groundspeak forums.

There will be no food or drink provided (otherwise the hall hire is charged as a function, not a meeting), so please bring along your own snacks and drinks.

The meeting will start at 10.30 SHARP. After the meeting, we will disperse outside and go through the usual geocaching event pleasantries.

To cover the cost of the hall hire, we'll be conducting a closest to the pin contest. Bring along a gold coin to enter. There will be geocoin prizes for the closest adult and closest geokids (under 14) to the pin.

I would appreciate at least two people to assist - one in helping run the competition, and another help co-ordinate any TB/coin swaps.

Please don't forget to vote in the council elections before the event, if you plan on geocaching afterwards.

Look forward to meeting you all and hearing your ideas.