Awaiting publication of cache

Hi,

My father in law (aka Trigger Millward) filled in the online form to submit a cache which he has placed. He received a confirmation email from 'the powers that be', but that was it.

That was 3 days ago, how long should he expect to wait before the cache is published. Does anyone know??

Depending on what Deceangi and his new Protege, Graculous, have on, they can be published anything from 3 minutes to a day or so.

I must admit, 3 days is quite some time to wait (although perfectly within guidelines) but you have to remember that Deci and Graculous are Volunteers and do this in their own time. Bear in mind it's a bank holiday weekend and they're probably wanting to spend some time with their families, like lots of us do.

I'd do as Bear and Ragged suggest and check that you have ticked the box that says "Yes this cache is active" otherwise the reviewers won't see it in their review queue.

Edited by HazelS

Hi,

My father in law (aka Trigger Millward) filled in the online form to submit a cache which he has placed. He received a confirmation email from 'the powers that be', but that was it.

That was 3 days ago, how long should he expect to wait before the cache is published. Does anyone know??

What's the GC code and I'll check to see if it's been activated. I'd say the unusual delay is due to Deci being away for a few days but I'll check anyway

Yes, Deceangi has done a runner and gone caching leaving me on my own (only kidding :o). I'm working through the queue and will try to get them done within the time we allow. I'm learning the job still so spend rather longer than Deceangi on a cache checking it out. By the way, not everyone submits the perfect cache listing with everything in its place so the odd one or two have to be queried :)

May I also very respectfully ask that if anyone asks a question about a cache or emails me directly they include the cache GC code and name.... emails like 'Hi, whats happening with my cache?' mean I have to email back, wait for the reply and then deal with the enquiry :D:huh: . I'm sure you understand.

Edited to add: You know when you are trying to log your finds or use these forums and the website goes from dead slow to almost stop? It does that for me too when I'm reviewing caches and slows things down :D

Graculus

Edited by Graculus

Well I know, from the avatar, that Graculus has got wings but I was amazed when he published my (first) cache today only about 3 hours after I submitted it. And on a Bank Holiday too!

Grovelling Thanks... B)

That's favouritism, I posted one yesterday it has still not been published, probably something to do with age discrimination B)

Only joking. B)

Edited to remove double word, It's me age..

Edited by Johnmelad