Accounts and logs for kids

jeepcacher

My 3yo nephew is very into "treasure hunting". He takes his own money and buys things to place in the "treasure chests" in place of the treasures that he keeps. I created an account for him, but was wondering how you log finds for a 3yo. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

My 3yo nephew is very into "treasure hunting". He takes his own money and buys things to place in the "treasure chests" in place of the treasures that he keeps. I created an account for him, but was wondering how you log finds for a 3yo. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

He has an account that you created. He's three. Continued adult logging assistance required. What other suggestion were you expecting?

Mostly it was created because around here there are caches you can stamp a book and after so many stamps you get a geocoin, but you need to have an account. If he is with me searching he deserves the account as much as me. However, I did not know if I should be logging his finds. If he stays interested in the sport, then he would want to know what he has found as much as anyone else.

Mostly it was created because around here there are caches you can stamp a book and after so many stamps you get a geocoin, but you need to have an account. If he is with me searching he deserves the account as much as me. However, I did not know if I should be logging his finds. If he stays interested in the sport, then he would want to know what he has found as much as anyone else.

Ayep. Usually I ask my jr what he thought of the cache and that's what I log for him. He has yet to say TNLNSL. :D

Ayep. Usually I ask my jr what he thought of the cache and that's what I log for him. He has yet to say TNLNSL. :D

Thanks for your response. He tends to take and leave something if available. His thing the other day was magnetic bag clips. He got four of them in different caches and traded compasses and lanyards. We even got him up a 4.5 terrain, which was 250 feet about straight up. He had a blast.

When you get home and you're ready to enter the logs, ask the kid what he thought of the cache. Enter his answer into the log.

One of the locals here does that for her kid, making it sound as if the kid actually wrote the log. They are usually quite entertaining.

There are not too many caches within 20 miles of me, so we usually make a day of it once a week, getting as many as we can. I think that as soon as we get each one I will ask him what he thought and note what he took, then make a note of it. That is a great idea. I really appreciate your responses.

He has an account that you created. He's three. Continued adult logging assistance required. What other suggestion were you expecting?

Transcribing his account of the find in his own words, including a half-garbled detailed explanation of which matchbox car he picked from the swag and why, and an off-topic rambling about Blues' Clues.

Or just let him at the keyboard and then act like people are dumb if they can't figure out "the new geocaching acronym". R&%#IOJF*(!!!!!

:D

- Elle

Edited by HauntHunters

My kids have their own accounts too. They don't log most of the ones we find though; takes too long on the computer. If they've had a good day and get home and want to log, I'll let them. I don't log it for them.

For my younger (6), I'll sit down with him and ask him if he remembers the cache. Once he's done telling me about it, I'll abbreviate the long winded explanation and post his version of the cache.

For my elder (8), he'll sit down with a notebook and write down what he wants to say first. Then we'll let him loose on the computer to type it in.