Join the 2008/2009 Kern County Cachers Travel Bug Road Race. Mail in your entry!

elrojo14

For those of you who might be interested, I give you the 2008/2009 Kern County Cachers Travel Bug Road Race.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d7-b0039bb74c80

I would like to make this race as big as we can make it and so I am inviting all of you. You do not have to be present to participate. You can simply mail in your racer and entry fee and I will set your racer up.

I hope to get some more prizes and donations and will be working on that in the last two months. Groundspeak wants me to wait until 4 weeks until event time to ask for donations. If you have any other tips or suggestions for people who might want to donate and who to contact, please e-mail them to me at kcc@tenpercentfirearms.com

Thank you and I hope to see some of you enter. We are going to have a good time.

For those of you who might be interested, I give you the 2008/2009 Kern County Cachers Travel Bug Road Race.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d7-b0039bb74c80

I would like to make this race as big as we can make it and so I am inviting all of you. You do not have to be present to participate. You can simply mail in your racer and entry fee and I will set your racer up.

I hope to get some more prizes and donations and will be working on that in the last two months. Groundspeak wants me to wait until 4 weeks until event time to ask for donations. If you have any other tips or suggestions for people who might want to donate and who to contact, please e-mail them to me at kcc@tenpercentfirearms.com

Thank you and I hope to see some of you enter. We are going to have a good time.

I'm confused. Say for instance I send you the money or "entry fee". Do I retain the ownership of my travel bug, or who does here? I visited the cache page on the link and I see others had the same question.

I'm confused. Say for instance I send you the money or "entry fee". Do I retain the ownership of my travel bug, or who does here? I visited the cache page on the link and I see others had the same question.

I retain ownership for race management reasons. I state that in the cache listing just above the red "Race Rules" heading.

All racers will belong to elrojo14 so we can conduct proper race management like recalculating miles and marking items as missing.

I think Hedge sums it up well in his response.

*I* don't like the fact that one person has to set up the whole event - if owning all the cars makes it easier for Race Management, I'm good with that. Besides, I'd hate to see ElRojo go all ElGris because a geocaching event aged him and burnt him out.

Fishook = one less racer in my rear view mirror - noice!

The number one reason I retain ownership of the racers is race management. I want to be able to edit and manage cheaters or other issues that come up. I also need to be able to recaculate distance and mark items as missing if it is required. I can't do that if I don't own the TB.

I put a lot of time and effort into setting this thing up. Part of my reward is having a bunch of racers in my name. If the $5.25 it costs to enter a race that you might get some cool prizes out of is too steep and you want a TB out of it, then this might not be the race for you.

Personally, it doesn't bother me at all that my racer from the last race does not belong to me. And the owner is the one who is paying for it everytime I log him on one of my trips, he gets a ton of spam flooding his e-mail!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...50-2f82118cecbc

It is what it is. I would like to see some more people join and I didn't think the $5.25 was too much for people to have fun. I spend way more than that to go watch a movie for an hour and a half.

I appreciate you commenting on this and adding feedback on this forum rather than in my cache listing. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Edited by elrojo14