Dead battery of palm m505

I just got a palm m505 on ebay, supposedly "like new, lightly used". The battery won't last an hour. I paid $30 with shipping. Should I just buy a new battery or ask for my money back? How much are they and where do you get them? Does it matter if it is generic?

Probably easiest to just get a new battery and move on. By the time you pay for return shipping (if you can return it), spend time trying to find another unit and then running the risk of it not being any better than the one you have or worse it probably isn't worth the time. You can get another battery on ebay also I think although I'm not sure as to cost.

You may want to contact the seller also and explain that the battery is bad, he may compensate you in some fashion if he sold it as being good.

My only concern was if the battery is dead the unit has likely been used a lot. Is that ok? Is a generic battery ok? I did contact seller, no response yet. Thanks for quick reply.

I would say just the opposite. Generally batteries go bad when the unit is not used and the batteries completely discharge. Sometimes they can be brought back to life by conditioning them.

Litium-Ion batteries have a limited life span of 3 to 5 years. Usage has little effect on it but if they stay too long in storage and the voltage drops below a certain value, they are dead for good.

So if you buy a replacement, make sure it is of recent manufacture.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I never thought of that.

I just got a palm m505 on ebay, supposedly "like new, lightly used". The battery won't last an hour. I paid $30 with shipping. Should I just buy a new battery or ask for my money back? How much are they and where do you get them? Does it matter if it is generic?

mAh - which one? I see 850, 1000, 1350, etc. on ebay - and what does mAh mean?