COINTEST: Got some new body art Cointest ended.

Sparticus06

Ok this is my first cointest. I just recently got my lower lip pierced (got it done early this morning). I love body art as long as it is not trashy. Too many piercings and tattoos just start to look nasty. I have 5 tats and 3 piercings. I love this stuff. My wife got me hooked. And yes I know I am geocaching freak.

My first tat is on my right arm and is of a skeleton climbing up. Used to represent me very well because I used to be skin and bones.

righttat.jpg

Second is an arm band on my left arm. I came up with this design and just had to have it done.

lefttat.jpg

My third is on my right chest and is of a Dragon. I love dragons and this one is very cool looking.

dragontat.jpg

Fourth is dedicated to me late father. He was a mechanic and was good at it. I am a shadetree mechanic and learn quite a bit from him. The initials in the banner are HWS.

leftlegtat.jpg

Last tat (for now) is of a rebel flag with flames. I have always had a fascination with the stars & bars. Dont really care for what it stood for, just thought it was always neat looking.

righttat2.jpg

Lastly my piercings. 2 in the left ear and now one in my lower lip. Yeah it hurt a little, but I like it alot.

lip.jpg

So the cointest. Tell me about your tats and/or piercings. The cointest will run till Monday @ midnight eastern time (Pennsylvania time). I will then choose 2 winners. 1 by random and the other by my fav tat or piercing. The winners will get either a Cache Gods coin or a Numbers coin. Tell me all about your tat or pierce (they all have stories behind them). Please post pics cause words alone just aint gonna do it.

Well, as I never ever thought about getting a piercing or a tatoo, there are none that I can show to u.

I am gonna post a picture anyway, showing how scary I look without such :)

dcf27ebc-a94f-4598-897c-434284edcb6a.jpg

I think this one is gonna be an interesting cointest. :)

It´s great, that u made some of ur tatoos urself and that they do mean things to u.

When I was 15 (1981) I worked for Baskin & Robbins ice cream shop. We did a spring cleaning one year and no one wanted to get down on their hands and knees to clean under the sink so I volunteered.

It paid off!

I found a quarter karat diamond solitaire earring!!

I went to the mall and got my left ear pierced one more time JUST so I could wear that earring. I wore it religiously until Feb 2005 when I had surgery and I gave it to Micke to hold and he lost it :).

Easy come, easy go, right? I still have that one ear pierced twice, the right is pierced only once, and I use earrings that I've lost one of in the extra hole :)

It's my only extra piercing aside from my regular ear piercings, and I love it.

I'm a needle wuss and the thought of tattooing me just makes me sick, same with piercings. Had I the body for it, though, I'd have my bellybutton pierced in a heartbeat, had I the courage for it, I'd have the side of my nose pierced and a tiny little stud placed in it, but, like I said, I just don't do needles!

Naomi :)

I have the standard holes in each ear and the second ones I did myself with a needle, stud, and vodka :):) On my right ear, I have a piercing in the cartilage on the top. I've had it for about 15 years and it still hurts sometimes.

I also had my nose pierced a long time ago...1990ish before piercings became more mainstream. I sure had to search high and low for a place that would do it.

I am ok with pain and I would sit through a tattoo. I have been contemplating getting one when we get to Australia...it's of a famous japanese wave painting.

The Great Wave, by Hokusai

hok-1b.jpg

I don't know how that would translate into a tat, but i think it's cool.

Also, a while back there was a coin design contest and someone came up with a real cool design I thought would look great as a tat. I have to find it though.

You should get an ammocan added to that skeleton, that would be cool!

At age 16 I got my ear pierced which is not that interesting. But I haven't been 16 in 35 years and back then guys weren't piercing their ears or anything else for that matter and tats were done for bikers, sailors and jailhouse chums. :)

Hello there!!! :)

I do not have any tattoos or piercings! I am a little old fashion! :)

Tattoos are very old in human history!!! They exist in pre historic times!! I think they were showing that the man who had them was a great worrior, or a respectfull man (priest), or a wealthy man....

In many countries, the tattos are parts of their tradition!! Mostly in Oceania!!

The tattoos have a meaning!! Only in nowdays, they started being for fun or for fashion! You could see meannings in tattos, of things that had to be secret (a forbiten love), things that you did, memorial tattos, tattos for protection...

Sailors used to make them to show where they had been, and what they had done!! An anckor tatto, if they had passed the Atlantic, a dragon if they had been to China and in chinese sea...

Some of their meanings are:

A Light House, usually with the name of the sailors hometown was supposed to bring him luck on his journey

A Cross is the symbol for the Christian faith

A Heart With Flames, Sacred Heart stands for eternal love

A Heart With A Dagger symbolizes an oath of vengeance

Hold & Fast on the knuckles on both hands should in courage the sailor to better lace the ropes

A Pig on one and a Cock on the other ankle protected the sailor from drowning since both animals cannot swim and would carry the sailor ashore quickly

An Anchor means the sailor has crossed the atlantic

A Rigged Ship says the sailor circumnavigated Cape Horn

A Dragon symbolized a serving in China

A Turtle shows the sailor has passed the equator

A Golden Dragon symbolizes the sailor has crossed the date line

Piercings.... these are very old too!!!

Mummified bodies with piercings have been discovered, including the oldest mummified body discovered to date, that of Ötzi the Iceman, which was found in a Valentina Trujillon glacier. This mummy had an ear piercing 7–11 mm diameter!

You can even find info about piercing in the bible!!!!

In Book of Genesis of the Bible 24:22, Abraham's servant gave a golden earring of half a shekel weight and ten bracelets to Rebekah, wife of his son Isaac. In Exodus 32, Aaron makes the golden calf from melted earrings. Deuteronomy 15:12–17 dictates ear piercing as a mark of slavery.

Nose piercing has been common in India since the sixteenth century.

In the ancient times and in some countries, a gold earring in the left (or right? I do not remember now!) ear of a man, showed that the man was the first born son of the family, so he was the one who was taking all titles and property of the family!!!!

Tattoos...I have 4, one for each year of my first four years of college. (starting in 1994, so they are all over 14 years old!)

Each one represents a small part of my personality.

I have Michigan J. Frog on my right calf, because I love obscure cartoons.

P1000508.jpg

The other three I have were conceived and drawn by my own pen, and then stenciled and put to my skin by a really great shop in Augusta, Ga.

I have an original drawing of a cartoon parrot sipping a margarita atop the words, "Wasted Away" on my left shoulder, in honor of my parrots and my love of the works of Jimmy Buffett.

P1000511.jpg

I have an original pen-and-ink sketch of a green-eyed tiger, in honor of my late Mom. (I wanted realism, not just coloring-book style)

P1000512.jpg

But....the one I have on my stomach, yet another original drawing of mine, representing my huge affection for Bloom County/Outland/Opus/Penquins etc. is this one on my chest:

P1000504.jpg

(My wife, Cache-n-Kerry isn't too crazy about it, but, in my defense, it was done pre-her...)

Edited by Hockeyhick

I have several tats, seven total. The only one you can see while I am caching is my karma tattoo. I believe in the,"what comes around goes around" saying and to me that is part of karma. Thanks for the great contest.

031.jpg

edit to add picture

Edited by joranda

I LOVE to look at tattoos :) !

As far as piercings go . . . I have 3 on my right ear and 4 on my left. I only keep earrings in the top 2 on each ear and can always "punch through" the others if needed cuz they are ALWAYS there :) .

You know what this means, don't you? You're getting us to write and share about ourselves. Thanks for doing this, I hope we can keep it in this thread. You know, Dardevle started a thread of tattoos over on the

"Off Topic" place. Interesting and I'm sure it can be viewed - IF you are a "premium" person.

When I was around 10-12 there was a woman in the neighbourhood who had a small tatoo on each ear,looking like flowers. I found them so beautiful so I decided to have a tatoo done. So when I turned 18 I had a small rose done on my left ancle. During the last few years I´ve been thinking of having a large rose done, or rather several with petals between my ancle and knee (or a hibiscus flowers) - it´s really beautiful, but it cost a lot of money - money needed for more important things, so I don´t know ......

726eac39-2447-4d3f-85a4-e896ed93f33d.jpg

One of the funniest tatoos I've seen was a pair of eyes at the back of the neck

Edited by Solan109

When I was a young teenager I was interested in dreams. Then decided I was going to get the Kanji symbol for Dream tattooed on me when I turned 18. Then I met a guy named Rick who had the tattoo I wanted. I got the tattoo a few weeks after turning 18 (it's on my left shoulder blade area) and ended up marrying the guy I met :D

ETA: Adding a pic (looking at it now, it looks like crap :D ) Time for a new one!

tattoo.jpg

Edited by BRoKeN W

When I was a young teenager I was interested in dreams. Then decided I was going to get the Kanji symbol for Dream tattooed on me when I turned 18. Then I met a guy named Rick who had the tattoo I wanted. I got the tattoo a few weeks after turning 18 (it's on my left shoulder blade area) and ended up marrying the guy I met :D

I guess you could say that your Rick was your dream come true :D

Don't have a pic, sorry.

I have 1 tattoo, always said I'd never get one but for some odd reason I changed my mind. I got one the day I turned 29. I also brought up the idea to my mom who decided to get one with me and my sis-in-law heard I was going in and she decided to get one too. So on my 29th b-day my s-i-l got hers first of a very small ladybug on her ankle. My mom got a pair of dolphins on her ankle. They both went before me and told it didn't really hurt. They lied!

I gave my design alot of thought and mine had to be very meaningful and be representative to who I was and my worldview. I have a Native American Medicine Wheel with 2 feathers on each side, on my upper, left arm. Each color is representative of something and I'm very proud of it, it's a very unique design. I would like to get another one some day, I have known what the design is suppose to be for a number of years but I haven't yet sat down to draw it. I'm not going to say what the design is or where it's going :D

Piercings, I have my ears done but I hardly ever wear earrings. I'm not willing to get anything else pierced :D

I have one tattoo...no, it's not a penguin. LOL This is from my pre-penguin days. I had always wanted a tattoo when I was a teenager and of course my parents always said no. They thought I would 'out-grow' the idea of having one. But I never did. Finally in the year 2000 (to celebrate the new millennium) I got a tattoo. It's on my lower right hand side of my back. It's Thumper, the rabbit. Before my penguin adoration happened I used to like rabbits (and still do.) I used to have quite a big collection of rabbit things too. I don't think I will be getting one of a penguin any time soon though.

Thanks for the cointest!

I've got a total of 4 ink stains and no piercings, my wife has 2 tats and 4 piercings.

I have a Lion on my right arm (go figure)

cd3705d7-28b4-4b8a-9ac2-661d6e67f9cd.jpg

angel wings and a halo with my mothers name on my left shoulder blade

(sorry no image)

an image of a drama mask with my daughters nick under it on my left calf

0299529b-453c-4fbc-9a06-32b2e81ca70e.jpg

and a unicorn on my chest above my heart with with my other daughters name under it

(sorry no image)

my wife has a ladybug on her right foot and a dolphin covering a scar on her left calf, several ear piercings and a navel piercing...

(sorry no images)

Ok so I have quite a few tattoos so I will do a quick list and then describe the one that I like the most.

-On my right arm around my forearm is a tribal band

-On my right arm around my bicep is a band a good friend and I designed together and both have, it's a mountain scene as we are both avid snowboarders.

-I have a celtic knot band around my right ring finger

-down my right side I have my last name in olde english letters

-on each shoulder above the pec I have a Canadian Maple Leaf

-down the back of my left calf I have the word "Unity" in olde english letters but not filled in

-on my left shin I have a small tribal design that was my first tattoo

-on my back I have an old skateboard logo which is an elephant.

Now is the big one and the one I want to enter in the cointest:

My whole left arm is a full sleeve all for my family and the 4 elements. It starts at the wrist with water. Spelled out in the water in negative space (think letters cut out of the water so skin shows through) is my daughters name, EmmaLee. Next it moves up into a pumpkin patch which is my little girls nickname so there is only one fully orange Punkin' in the patch and the rest are still green. Next moving up is Flames for the fire element, more water and then a whole Noahs Ark theme for my son Noah. It has Mount Arrarat with the fig tree for the Earth element, then a whole sunset spiral with clouds and the sun for the Air. Near my Elbow is a peanut that is still in the works but the outline is there for my step-daughter Kristina, as that was her nick groing up. All this leads up to the most cherished part. My mom passed away a few years ago and her Favourite flower was the Sunflower so I got a big yellow sunflower on the inside of my bicep. I was only able to handle 4 hours of tattooing on it the last session so I need the yellow filled in but the most incredible part of the flower: the tattoo artist added my moms ashes to the black ink so she is a part of me forever. She was my best friend and I miss her every day but it helps a lot since I got it done.

I will take pictures of all of it and post them up tomorrow before the close of the cointest.

Oh and I also have 2 gauge flesh tunnels in my ears.

***Can someone please help me post pics. I have tried everything and I can't get it to work.***

Edited by kayn_os

My wife has five tats and 11 piercings:

Tats:

Heart with wings and roses on chest

69d03927-eb76-49a3-bd2c-3077e266732c.jpg

Carousel Horse on right shoulder blade with kids names

3f9a9b5e-cc2a-403e-a9c1-84e11e02b85e.jpg

Rose tatoo on inner left ear

a42045d2-1d16-49ff-8f72-013868a639b4.jpg

Theatrical masks on right ankle for son who passed

b3cc1198-46e9-457f-8801-22fb11efec6a.jpg

Flower wrist band on left

af573982-ef41-4a9f-abf0-35d41375ca96.jpg

Piercings:

five in left ear, 3 in right, 3 that cant be named, LOL.

I have four tats and one piercing

Left ear pierced

Wolf tat on right upper arm

52a335f9-e794-4092-acac-9c0288664f45.jpg

celtic wrist band on right wrist

7107342b-9174-49e3-bd47-3fb8bef9f2c4.jpg

Native american tats on both forearms one for the Memory of my grandfather and the other for my kids.

69597216-a14a-4f6d-9a78-bb22f7e2dc08.jpg

cb29bcca-1ba6-4c7f-b61a-83a8bda4ab1e.jpg

Edited by Frank n Beck

I actually have 3 tattoos. The first I got when I was in college. I was a swimmer (and I know it's a bad pic), and Grover was my good luck charm. I had a little figurine of Grover and it sat on my racing block for every race throughout my career. So to remember that and to give myself good luck for my Senior year I got this tatttoo. It's grover (duh) with bubbles around him. (on my hip). It was done almsot 15 years ago and it's fading a bit...

DSCF1210.jpg

My second tattoo I got with a friend when I was living in Texas, not too long after I was out of College. She got a lighthouse, I got another Grover. This Grover is holding a pair of swimming googles (on my ankle)

DSCF1207.jpg

My last tattoo is representative of the dog breed that I love so much! :D I have this design on a geocoin and on a pathtag or two...This one is in the small of my back (don't they call these "tramp stamps"? lol. It was the fastest one to be completed...a whole 10 minutes! It's the "brighest" because I just had it done last year. I went wtih a friend who was also getting a tattoo. She was "covering up" one that she previously had done, and I decided to get a new one.

DSCF1206.jpg

I have no piercings other than the "normal" ears....although when I was a swim coach for a college I definitely saw some interesting piercings!!! LOL

<photo showing tracking number removed by moderator - please smudge or crop out tracking numbers when posting them in public places.>

I have quite a bit of ink, and it all has a story or meaning, but here's the one I think would most interest this forum. And yes, you can go ahead and discover me! The wolf you can see above the TB tag is a Tex Avery cartoon wolf that Jerry Garcia had on one of his guitars. With the moniker "Dark Star" it's pretty obvious to Deadheads who my favorite band is. The red symbol below the tag is the Eye of the Crimson King from Stephen King's Dark Tower saga. He is my favorite author. On my right elbow, is the sign of the Eld from the same series. It's a yin and yang, good vs. evil variation on the angel and devil. The red tattoo is the evil force and the sign of the Eld (which is black on my arm) represents the light/good. You can just see two green tattoos flanking the TB tag. The left one is a green skull found in one of my grandfather's drawing books. He was a graphic artist. The right one is a hei-tiki representing my grandmother who came from New Zealand.

2792815517_246e1fd506.jpg

My only piercings now (even though the hole in my tongue is still open) are the 3/4" holes in my ears. As a machinist I was able to create my own plugs as I stretched my lobes. You would not believe how many cashiers just stop what they're doing and stare. Most of them ask if it hurts, and most people think you punched the hole or did it in one sitting.

Edited by Eartha

Some great tattoo and piercing photos from everyone :)

Here's some of mine.. My left arm, the character is "Booga" from the Tank Girl comic books, my right arm is similar with Tank Girl herself tattooed but that arm is still being worked on.

leftarm.jpg

This is my right leg, The "Poison Free" is a commitment to not do recreational drugs.

rightleg.jpg

The four arrows on my forearm are pretty suitable for a geocacher, don't you think! :)

rightforearm.jpg

I also stretched my earlobes to 16mm (5/8") which you can see in this picture, this is my girlfriend and I in traditional Morris dancing kit at a folk dance festival.

DSCN3994.jpg

I made a post, but I didn't put any photo! I do not have any tatto or piercings, so....

If I ever do one, I would like a dragon, or a shark, or a snake, or the strange tatto that is like celtic designs..... arm band

I liked a tatto I saw in a movie, it was an arm band with a design of a berbed wire, but I am afraid that it has to do with stuff I do not like....

Well.. the movie was "American history X"

I hope it is ok to post a funny tatto I liked (it is not mine!!!) and I have posted it some days ago in an other thread! Since I started getting bold.... :)

tattoojpg.jpg

I have a photo of an other tatto I really love, but I am afraid it is not family friendly!! Well, it is a tatto for the belly, with 2 monkeys....

The navel of the man who has the tatto is the 1st monkey's ..... . the other monkey is just examing the area!!!! I think you have an idea how this looks! :)

OregonFun017-1-1.jpg

This is my first and is 11 years old. It is on my rightouter calf .

OregonFun016-1.jpg I call him Floyd :)

This one is 7 years old. He is on my left outer calf

I AM going to get another one just has to come up with and justify the $1,200 for the portrait tattoo for one of my shoulders - probably left - that I want :)

I am amazed at all the posts from people without tats or piercings in a cointest for people with tats and piercings. :)

Its ok, when i enter the random number generator and it comes up with a post that has nothing at all to do with the cointest I will just do it again till I get a post that is on topic...easy as that.

So far I am impressed. There are a few cachers with body art and it is all good. Just wish there were more pictures as that is part of the cointest. But no worries, you have just a little over 24 hours to get pics posted if you can. Love reading the stories behind them all. Keep em coming.

I am amazed at all the posts from people without tats or piercings in a cointest for people with tats and piercings. :)

Its ok, when i enter the random number generator and it comes up with a post that has nothing at all to do with the cointest I will just do it again till I get a post that is on topic...easy as that.

So far I am impressed. There are a few cachers with body art and it is all good. Just wish there were more pictures as that is part of the cointest. But no worries, you have just a little over 24 hours to get pics posted if you can. Love reading the stories behind them all. Keep em coming.

When Dardevle posts HIS tattoos, you Will be impressed :) .

I wanted a tattoo for several years and my sister paid for it for my 35th Birthday. It's a small dolphin on the left of my chest.

Jantattoo.jpg

A couple of years later my hubbie got one too on his upper arm.

Rosstattoo.jpg

(I hope the pictures work - I'm not too good at these things!)

what a beautifull cointest i really like to see all the beautifull body arts B)

my tale concerning tattoo s starts on my age of 15.

my brother wanted always a tattoo but he did`t may it do it of my mother,

and as a good son he washe listen to her and did`t do it.

i also wanted a tattoo and (as a bad girl i was and did`t listen to my mother) i went to a tattoo shop whit a girlfriend and let put a tottoo on my arm.

when the tattoo was ready we must go home and show the tattoo to my mother.

my girlfriend and I persuaded the most terrible things in our head what was possible there all event but what we considered did`t became reality.

when i did let see my mother the tattoo she said: ANNE I WISH THAT YOU LISTENED ONCE IN YOUR LIVE TO ME, BUT I REALLY LIKE YOUR TATTOO.

fortunately my mother became not angrily but what the consequence was that my brother will put therefore also a tattoo.

so here is my firts tattootattoo.jpg

after this tattoo i put a little tiger ankle and a swallow on my left hand, but since i was a little girl there is one a painter that i really love and that is SALVADOR DALI, and i always wanted a tattoo of a sketch of him and in 2007 my dream come treu and here is my tattoo of SALVADOR DALI,

tatoo.jpg

when this tattoo was done i let tattoo the name LORCA on my right ring finger so that she is alway with me.

and so long i can remember i had a idea in my head that i wanted a tattoo of a little cross but i could`t find the right cross that was good enough for a tattoo, but after a long time i have my tattoo of a little cross.

this little celtic cross means the most to me of all the tattoo`s because it stands for my father who past away when i was 2 years old and for the rest of my family and friends who are in heaven now.

tatto-1.jpg

I promised my mother and my hubby that i don`t take more tattoo `s, but there haunt a idea in my head so this story will be continued B)

Edited by lorca.nl

tattoos002.jpg

Now is the big one and the one I want to enter in the cointest:

My whole left arm is a full sleeve all for my family and the 4 elements. It starts at the wrist with water. Spelled out in the water in negative space (think letters cut out of the water so skin shows through) is my daughters name, EmmaLee. Next it moves up into a pumpkin patch which is my little girls nickname so there is only one fully orange Punkin' in the patch and the rest are still green. Next moving up is Flames for the fire element, more water and then a whole Noahs Ark theme for my son Noah. It has Mount Arrarat with the fig tree for the Earth element, then a whole sunset spiral with clouds and the sun for the Air. Near my Elbow is a peanut that is still in the works but the outline is there for my step-daughter Kristina, as that was her nick groing up. All this leads up to the most cherished part. My mom passed away a few years ago and her Favourite flower was the Sunflower so I got a big yellow sunflower on the inside of my bicep. I was only able to handle 4 hours of tattooing on it the last session so I need the yellow filled in but the most incredible part of the flower: the tattoo artist added my moms ashes to the black ink so she is a part of me forever. She was my best friend and I miss her every day but it helps a lot since I got it done.

I will take pictures of all of it and post them up tomorrow before the close of the cointest.

Oh and I also have 2 gauge flesh tunnels in my ears.

HalfSleeve505.jpg

tattoos007.jpg

tattoos008.jpg

tattoos004.jpg

Edited by kayn_os