Geocaching and Blogging

Tonka_Boy

As an active member of the geo-blogger community, I am constantly on the search for new blogs and blog-posts on the internet that pertain to geocaching. For me, reading about peoples’ outdoor adventures is almost as much fun as being there. But sometimes, geocaching blogs are hard to find. If you currently have a blog about geocaching, please put the word “geocache” or “geocaching” in the title of your posts. It makes you much easier to find.

For example, rather than a title like, “Family Fun in the Park Today” try, “Family Geocaching in the Park Today.” That way, a simple Google blog search for “geocaching”, displays your post.

If you don’t currently have a Geocaching blog, I encourage you to start one. I find that it’s a great way to discover new friends and read about others’ geocaching adventures. It allows people from all over the world to read about your exploits in geocaching. For example one of my posts about The Ultimate Skirt Lifter was featured on ottawageocaching.com. Now people all over the world are reading that post. Pretty cool!

It’s incredibly easy to start a blog. I would recommend Blogger.com for the beginner. It’s free. There’s no spam, popups, or banner adds. In 10 minutes, you can be on the blogosphere, posting your stories for all to read.

Now get out there and blog.

As an active member of the geo-blogger community, I am constantly on the search for new blogs and blog-posts on the internet that pertain to geocaching. For me, reading about peoples’ outdoor adventures is almost as much fun as being there. But sometimes, geocaching blogs are hard to find. If you currently have a blog about geocaching, please put the word “geocache” or “geocaching” in the title of your posts. It makes you much easier to find.

For example, rather than a title like, “Family Fun in the Park Today” try, “Family Geocaching in the Park Today.” That way, a simple Google blog search for “geocaching”, displays your post.

If you don’t currently have a Geocaching blog, I encourage you to start one. I find that it’s a great way to discover new friends and read about others’ geocaching adventures. It allows people from all over the world to read about your exploits in geocaching. For example one of my posts about The Ultimate Skirt Lifter was featured on ottawageocaching.com. Now people all over the world are reading that post. Pretty cool!

It’s incredibly easy to start a blog. I would recommend Blogger.com for the beginner. It’s free. There’s no spam, popups, or banner adds. In 10 minutes, you can be on the blogosphere, posting your stories for all to read.

Now get out there and blog.

I concure with Tonka_Boy. Making it easier for us to bring your adventures to the rest of the Geocaching community would be a great help.

BTW - if you do have a Geocaching related blog, or a favorite Geocaching related website, please add it to our Geocaching Directory. We have hundreds of Geocaching sites already listed. Please add yours. B)

Y'all have motivated me to update my blog. I've been geo-blogging for over a year, but only for "road trips", and I'm way behind (I'm on April, 2008). I've never really told anyone, or gave out the link in my profile. Once I do get it somewhat updated, I'll add it to the directory.

Great Topic - I love to blog. I know my grammar may not be correct....but a blog allows me to share my thoughts with who ever reads it. I have been scouring the intenet for other blogs that are geocaching related. I have a blog....that has many links to other geocaching blogs. Come and check it out

http://squishaholic.vox.com/

http://thelombardologic.blogspot.com/ ----has many great links about geocaching